Another myth rather than a true report. NCL passenger FALLS overboard.

boscobeans

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

News stating a wealthy Tiffany heiress FELL overboard from her Norwegian Cruise ship stateroom.??

She fell over the THREE FOOT guard rail ??

Should be interesting to see how the media once again chastises the cruise Industry.

If she's a Tiffany heiress what the hell is she plying Norwegian Cruise ship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If she's a Tiffany heiress what the hell is she plying Norwegian Cruise ship.

Our friends travel NCL in the highest category of the HAVEN. 

They claim it is the best cruising they have ever experienced, and they have both been in the Travel Industry for decades.

An 11 night from NYC to the Southern Caribbean is about $17,353.00.

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Should be interesting to see how the media once again chastises the cruise Industry.

That's going to happen regardless of the event.  Noro, Covid, fights, mechanical failures, deaths etc.  That's what the media does.  Not sure if you've seen the documentary "Hell of a cruise" on Peacock it primarily tells the story of the Diamond Princess passengers experience in the early days of the pandemic.  Not a Royal ship, but critical of the industry as a whole.  Most passengers at the end of the film state they'll continue to cruise.  We will as well, despite the best efforts of some in the media.  March will be our 3rd cruise in 10 months, we will be on the Wonder, can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

She wasn’t a Tiffany heiress, she owns the Tiffany outlets in Turkey. Her jewellery has also gone missing.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/08/sea-plunge-of-tiffany-jewellery-tycoon-71-17715331/amp/

All outlets I have seen are implying foul play, not an accident 

She looks pretty good for a 71-year-old woman.

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I agree that people do not fall over those 42-45” cruise ship railings…61” tall people most certainly do not fall over them.

On NCL Encore last year, on the last night of our cruise, my husband found a lady who had climbed over the balcony railing and was passed out on a balcony overhang. Hard to explain, but she eventually woke up (was drunk) and my husband helped her get over the railing back onto the balcony. Totally agree that one doesn't just "fall over" these railings, it takes effort of some sort. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

She wasn’t a Tiffany heiress, she owns the Tiffany outlets in Turkey. Her jewellery has also gone missing.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/08/sea-plunge-of-tiffany-jewellery-tycoon-71-17715331/amp/

All outlets I have seen are implying foul play, not an accident 

71 years old, and the file photo they used she doesn't look more than 50.

21 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The next person to innocently fall off a cruise ship will be the first.

There are three ways one can go overboard.

1) Homicide

2) Suicide

3) Messed around and found out

I know this is a joke.  But I find it reasonable that someone could be drunk and fall off a railing.  I’ve seen on many occasions people sitting on their balcony railings.   If drunk while in a moving ship it would quite easy to fall backwards in that scenario.  Not saying it would be my first guess, but I’m sure this possible scenario (drinks sitting on the railing) happens way more than any risk management person would prefer.   

21 minutes ago, topnole said:

I know this is a joke.  But I find it reasonable that someone could be drunk and fall off a railing.  I’ve seen on many occasions people sitting on their balcony railings.   If drunk while in a moving ship it would quite easy to fall backwards in that scenario.  Not saying it would be my first guess, but I’m sure this possible scenario (drinks sitting on the railing) happens way more than any risk management person would prefer.   

That would fall into #3 above.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That would fall into #3 above.

Ha.  I thought mess around and found out meant a spouse found someone messing around on them leading to the #1 category.   Not really sure what messed around and found out could mean otherwise.  A person falling to their death doesn’t really find out anything as they are dead before they could “find out” whatever they should’ve learned not to do.  Perhaps your words got autocorrected.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Ha.  I thought mess around and found out meant a spouse found someone messing around on them leading to the #1 category.   Not really sure what messed around and found out could mean otherwise.  A person falling to their death doesn’t really find out anything as they are dead before they could “find out” whatever they should’ve learned not to do.  Perhaps your words got autocorrected.  

It's slang for "go ahead and try and see what happens"