Credit for cruise leaving late?

Sea bucket

Does anyone know if Holland gives any credit for a cruise leaving late? We were supposed to be on the Rotterdam 11-day leaving 11/9.

We cancelled (thank God for platinum coverage!) but curious as to what compensation, if any, will the passengers get? From the way it looks now,

they will miss at least one, possibly two, days of 11-day cruise.   

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Wonder when somebody will ask what the pax that got to stay on longer had to pay for the extra day...

When our Armonia cruise was lengthened by two days due to Hurricane Dorian, MSC did not charge us port fees for the return trips to Cozumel and Costa Maya (but no refund for missing Key West).  They also did not charge gratuities for the extra days.  EM

3 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

I wonder what happens for the passengers who arrive to port a day or two late and have non-refundable flights (that they missed)?   Does  HAL reimburse costs for those flights etc.?

That is what travel insurance is for

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

I wonder what happens for the passengers who arrive to port a day or two late and have non-refundable flights (that they missed)?   Does  HAL reimburse costs for those flights etc.?

It could well be that those flights were also cancelled.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Wonder when somebody will ask what the pax that got to stay on longer had to pay for the extra day...

I remember a similar hurricane disruption pre-covid on another cruise line where people complained about having to pay extra gratuities for the extra days . The were changed nothing additional except for gratuities and still they complained . 🙄

10 minutes ago, richstowe said:

I remember a similar hurricane disruption pre-covid on another cruise line where people complained about having to pay extra gratuities for the extra days . The were changed nothing additional except for gratuities and still they complained . 🙄

HeHeHe...my comment was a bit sarcastic, but understanding the mood right now, it was intended to be ironic.

2 hours ago, richstowe said:

Our 4-night MSC Divina cruise over Hurricane Ian became a 6-nighter, with a new port of Puerta Plata. No cruise fare charge, no new port fee, and no extra two days of hotel service charge. Truly, two free extra nights. Every cruise line can chose their own policy. There were no complaints among our large group of guests, but I am certain there were some on the ship.

Didn't the Maasdam have an extremely longer cruise at the very start of Covid when they detoured to Hawaii and back to San Diego or something like that?  I had a friend on that cruise and they were on for quite a bit longer than expected, IIRC.  Can't ask my friend as she is no longer with us.