RE-FARE AFTER FINAL PAYMENT?

suzyed

So what are the chances of getting a TA to re-fare after final payment.  We would like to change cabins that have a better price and think that might be the best way to go rather than cancelling and rebooking.  Has anyone done this?
Also, if we already placed a bid to upgrade would that just go away and then would we get an offer to bid on an upgrade with the new reservation?

If you get a better price on a cabin and have a bid in, you should just cancel that bid.  From my experience, you won’t get another bid up offer once you change cabin categories.  
Also, I think the chances are slim that you can refare after final payment but, I always say, it never hurts to ask.  They will usually take more money for a better cabin category but rarely will give you money back.  Again, it never hurts to ask.  The worst they will do is say no.  

I preface many things these days as "Before COVID". Yes, we were able to re-fare but stayed in the same cabin but this was before COVID when Princess (Carnival) was much more financially sound. I'm not sure how it would work if you were changing cabins as that sounds like a new booking and I doubt that your bids would follow you to the new cabin.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I'm thinking I might have to cancel under the "Cancel for Any Reason" and rebook?

It really depends on the new rate code of the price you are seeing. Sometimes you can re-fare and other times you can't. You need to work with who you booked through. They can tell based on the rate codes.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

I'm thinking I might have to cancel under the "Cancel for Any Reason" and rebook?

That could work as long as you realize the $$$ for the cancel may not be available immediately to apply to the new booking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coral said:

It really depends on the new rate code of the price you are seeing. Sometimes you can re-fare and other times you can't. You need to work with who you booked through. They can tell based on the rate codes.

I'm waiting to hear from my TA today.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, caribill said:

That could work as long as you realize the $$$ for the cancel may not be available immediately to apply to the new booking.

Right.  I paid with mostly FCC, so I am assuming they are going to take a while to be put back on my account.  If so, we will just pay for the new booking and use the FCC for another cruise when they show up on our account.
And I am aware that the insurance fee we paid will be forfeited to cover the "cancel for any reason".

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Right.  I paid with mostly FCC, so I am assuming they are going to take a while to be put back on my account.  If so, we will just pay for the new booking and use the FCC for another cruise when they show up on our account.
And I am aware that the insurance fee we paid will be forfeited to cover the "cancel for any reason".

Can TAs "lift & shift" like CVPs? 

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Can TAs "lift & shift" like CVPs? 

Thought lift and shift was gone.  After final payment you are certainly subject to the terms of your contract.  If you have CFAR insurance that can apply but even those have exceptions.

If you could cancell and rebook 2 days before your cruise at no cost it would be chaos.