Scarlet Lady- 11/16-11/20- LIVE

MeganGC1983

47 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Thanks for following along. Yes, absolutely. Expect it in a little over a week. 

Megan, enjoyed this review, again ty for your time, cannot resist cruising along with you, but I do “love” your Carnival reviews, looking forward to the Panorama, we did her first TA (what seems like) years ago now, it was great. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luminelle said:

Thanks for reviewing! This has been really helpful for me, I’m going on the scarlet lady on December 18th. What kinks did you run into when you were booking reservations? That’s what I’m most nervous about.

I had a game plan of the shows I wanted to see once the itinerary was released about 2 weeks ahead of time. It mostly depended on what night we would get Grog Walk. Duel Reality was definitely something I wanted to see. Dinner reservations were all ready set in stone and nothing was available for switch out once we were on the ship. I tried several time to connect to reserve before boarding, that didn’t happen. And once on board, I still had a hard time with it. At one point, the app showed absolutely nothing under reservations. Then it would show everything “sold out”. It was pretty glitchy. Finally, we got Grog Walk reservations for the second night. So between Grog Walk and dinner reservations, Duel Reality was out. We could have gone to about 30 minutes of NSA, but would have missed sail away to stand in line. That left Around the World with the Diva and Untitled Dance Party Thingy. DH went along with both, but really neither were for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, cellfree said:

Megan, enjoyed this review, again ty for your time, cannot resist cruising along with you, but I do “love” your Carnival reviews, looking forward to the Panorama, we did her first TA (what seems like) years ago now, it was great. 

I’m pretty excited for Panorama too. Never thought I’d miss the Wobble, but yeah, I guess so. 😆 “See” you soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m pretty excited for Panorama too. Never thought I’d miss the Wobble, but yeah, I guess so. 😆 “See” you soon. 

Ok, “just shoot me now,” need to set the record straight, not that anyone cares, we did TA on Horizon, not Panorama, same ‘family’ if that matters - yikes - senior moment. 

• Haha 2

I just binge read your entire review and it was great! I was hungover yesterday and now I feel hungover again just reading this haha. It's definitely not my vibe, but it's an interesting concept. I would loooooove to see the outrage if Carnival did drag shows or a drag brunch. The outrage would be the best people watching ever--even better than when people get all huffy a comedian curses in the adult show. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

I just binge read your entire review and it was great! I was hungover yesterday and now I feel hungover again just reading this haha. It's definitely not my vibe, but it's an interesting concept. I would loooooove to see the outrage if Carnival did drag shows or a drag brunch. The outrage would be the best people watching ever--even better than when people get all huffy a comedian curses in the adult show. 

Exactly. 😆 Thanks for reading. 

48 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Quick question or two about George's Bar on Princess Cay: Cash only or credit cards ok?  Finish drinks before going back to "Carnival Princess Cay area"?  Thanks Megan!!

Cash only and yes, finish before Re-entering port area. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Conclusion…

The ship is great and even though there are still some kinks to work out, it’s a great vacation. 
I enjoyed the laid back vibe. The lack of announcements was definitely a plus in my book. It might leave some lost, but it’s really your vacation and what you make of it. I wasn’t beat over the head with bingo card sales and picture requests. 
I thought the included value was awesome. From the wifi to the sushi, steak options, and gratuity, when we left cash, it was a surprise to the crew. They definitely aren’t expecting it. 
The ship spaces are incredible. So sleek and picture ready. 
The entertainment is interesting. I can see how it’s not for everyone. In fact, DH wasn’t a fan. The crowd (as in the other sailors) were not his vibe. And I’m hoping he has a better time on a longer sailing. 
The app reservation thing, could use some work. Actually, it was a mess for this first time VVer and I knew what I needed to do going in. Next time, I’ll be even more proactive and sadly try to stay sober until I’ve accomplished the task at hand. I appreciate what the app is trying to do especially with the notifications, but it needs help. 
The food, I think, is over hyped. Were there some exceptional dishes, yes! The Galley food sans sushi was a let down. The Wake was okay. Extra Virgin wins the race from where we ate. I will say the desserts were AMAZING overall. 
The only downside to the cabin was “the one stop shop” bathroom that you could do all things at once in. ESPN on the cabin tv, yes please! 
Overall, I look forward to sailing Valiant in January. I am a little nervous for the new sailors we are bringing along. 
Thanks to everyone that followed along! I was a little hesitant to live review this one since it was a “new to me” experience. Hopefully it was somewhat informative other than that fact that I can drink. 😆 Hope to see you all again in 11 days… On to the next and Cheers! 

0333E55C-4728-4ED8-B8E5-54FDF908D9B8.jpeg

Great review as usual Megan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Next stop…I’m in a white chocolate, caramel combo with half in my backpack but yeah give me a rum drink. 

D76EAF31-04FF-45E6-A737-166F89095935.jpeg

FD7372CA-F729-41E3-BC1B-2A19B26A8748.jpeg

5D1BA1FD-C704-4F4F-AE89-99FEEDFA08C2.jpeg

A1D3DBA0-F633-49AA-BB29-3614515F1194.jpeg

Third floor is clothing optional…someone may have mentioned once to me..umm…yeah

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...