Scarlet Lady- 11/16-11/20- LIVE

MeganGC1983

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from MeganGC1983! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Ahoy Virgin Voyagers! I hope you’ll join me on a quick 4 nights on the Scarlet Lady. I’m a long time cruiser, first time VVer, excited to experience the Virgin Way and bring it all to you live here on CC! Key West and Bimini are our ports of call, and we will get up early to see the Valiant Lady meet up. Lots of cocktails will be had, and I can’t wait to try all the food, I’ve heard so much about. So subscribe, sit back and we set sail Wednesday. 

DCB1D593-4286-428F-99A7-113CDAF124BC.jpeg

• Like 24

A little back story, this cruise was not in the regularly scheduled programming for cruising this year. This will be our 8th cruise of 2022, and 9th since the restart. I received an access key through work, so I strategically found this one sailing that worked with the schedule. Using an access key does NOT let you collect sailor’s loot nor does it give you the free bar tab for the month of November. So Bar Tab was purchased getting the $100 extra. I’m also really excited to sail during Eat & Drink month. 
Since this sailing was squeezed into the schedule, we are flying from Dallas early Wednesday morning. I hate flying in the day of a cruise, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. A nonstop 6am flight should be all right, and I do know all the details of the 5 other flights leaving from the area that will still get us there by check in. 

• Like 10

As Sid pointed out and all of you should know, I’m a heavy Carnival cruiser. I’ve sailed Royal, but mostly it’s been Carnival plus Cheers! This Bar Tab will be interesting, but this sailing is only 4 nights, so it can’t be too bad.
 This cruise will be a warm up voyage with Virgin as we will be sailing the Valiant Lady in January. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, BohJang said:

Hey Megan - I'm gonna be following along.  Girl, I don't know where you get your energy from but I'm impressed! 

Thanks for following along. I’m not completely sure either, but o think it’s part genetics and part patron. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I booked this sailing in the first couple of days of Oct. Before I really paid attention, it was check in time and I still hadn’t booked flights. I chose 2pm because that’s a nice even number and why not. I was definitely more prepared when it came time to make dinner reservations. The lineup is as follows: The Wake, Pink Agave, Test Kitchen and Extra Virgin. I decided to save Gunbae for the January sailing and we are definitely gonna brunch at Razzle Dazzle. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

Yeah for you, get out of that cold Megan, following from the beginning, you make it so much fun. 

It’s miserable. I don’t know how the people up north survive. I did 3 miles this morning in 2 pairs of pants and 4 top layers. Ridic! 
Thanks for coming along. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Port plans: 

Key West- our last cruise, fall break a few weeks ago, was our first time in Key West. We had the kids so we did kid friendly things. This time… I’m ready for a pub crawl. I looked around at the options and didn’t really find a set excursion that would meet my needs, so I continued to research and planned my own. There’s 12 stops on my pub crawl including the lunch break at DJs Clam Shack for a lobster roll! Gotta stay fueled for the goal at hand. We also have to pick up some stuffed roosters for the children. The oldest picked her’s out when we were there in October. The trip isn’t kid free until you buy the stuffed animals. 
Bimini- We’ve been to Bimini twice this year. It will be the first time for us to experience the Beach Club. The plan is to get up and out early enough to grab a golf cart. Run around to our favorite stops plus stop by the Big Game Club… and head to the beach club a few times in between. I’m gonna need my pink Sands iced down and ready. Please and thank you. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

As Sid pointed out and all of you should know, I’m a heavy Carnival cruiser. I’ve sailed Royal, but mostly it’s been Carnival plus Cheers! This Bar Tab will be interesting, but this sailing is only 4 nights, so it can’t be too bad.
 This cruise will be a warm up voyage with Virgin but then I'm back to Carnival on the Panorama January 7th with friends.

There fixed it for ya...you're welcome!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

pub crawl.

That's what key west is known for!

You've gotta check out Schooner Wharf Bar if you can make the walk (it's not that far). It's got a great view of the marina and water plus has a really neat vibe overall and has money stapled to every surface (dollar bills).  We also always enjoyed  Irish Kevins, although it's loud.

Poke in the Rear is a great pit stop for nourishment as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notscb said:

That's what key west is known for!

You've gotta check out Schooner Wharf Bar if you can make the walk (it's not that far). It's got a great view of the marina and water plus has a really neat vibe overall and has money stapled to every surface (dollar bills).  We also always enjoyed  Irish Kevins, although it's loud.

Poke in the Rear is a great pit stop for nourishment as well.

2 of those made the list. I’m on it! 😉

• Like 1