Advice for all first time Celebrity cruisers

WestLakeGirl

On 11/15/2022 at 9:43 AM, jelayne said:

On E Class if the light around the door is green the Elevator is going up, if the light is red it is going down.

Do not let your cabin door slam behind you when entering or leaving your cabin.

Also don't slam the closet drawers closed.  You can hear it in the next room.

17 hours ago, shofer said:

You can hear it in the next room.

Yikes-- That reminds me of, holy cow----- and, more than once ---Use your imagination.

No, they weren't discussing :

Dress code-- Silent disco-- Removing gratuities-- Buffet selections---- or, why HE spent $357 at the Spa !!

On 11/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

This has always been my theory.

Same with the "one bell up, two down". It is the same on all cruise ship elevators, always has been.

Just pay attention, people. Listen for the dings, or look at the arrow.

No need to ask "going up?" every time the elevator door opens. 

Many years ago a passenger mentioned a simple way to remember the elevator’s direction of travel even before seeing the arrows…Ding, Dong, down 🛗

• Thanks 1

This entire thread is pretty nauseating and petty.  Everybody needs to chill out and try to be considerate.  That’s it.  Oh, and have a fun relaxing vacation.  But, god forbid, don’t dare touch the stair rails.  Seriously?

the worst part is that I read through the entire thread.  30 minutes I will never get back.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NedScharpf said:

Everybody needs to chill out and try to be considerate.  That’s it.

LOL-- You sound like me---LOL

Don't get nervous--- only 6 pages so far.

I came to realize a long time ago that Cruise Critics means---Ya gotta criticize " stuff "---

Let's say " someone " sets up a topic " Who's the Captain on our cruise in November 2031"?

Someone ( me ) will say " Who the xxxx cares ", while others will care , and  twist ya like a prettzle .

Are you the one that brings fruit cakes or key chains from your local bagel shop for gifts for your favorite Butler, Cruise Director, or Captain ?? 

11 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Are you the one that brings fruit cakes or key chains from your local bagel shop for gifts for your favorite Butler, Cruise Director, or Captain ?? 

There was a thread on here once about candies the crew tends to like so that they could give said candy to them as a tip.... and some people (accurately) were like, "<your favorite expletive here> this is not how it works! They're on the ship to earn money."

An otherwise well meaning CC'er opened up a wrath of complaints and criticisms.

11 hours ago, NedScharpf said:

This entire thread is pretty nauseating and petty.  Everybody needs to chill out and try to be considerate.  That’s it.  Oh, and have a fun relaxing vacation.  But, god forbid, don’t dare touch the stair rails.  Seriously?

the worst part is that I read through the entire thread.  30 minutes I will never get back.

And you felt you needed to add your petty comment. 🤣Thanks for contributing to the thread. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/15/2022 at 1:56 PM, Alakegirl said:

I really wonder if people come from such small towns that they have little or no experience with elevators.  The same with escalators……i see people in airports who have no idea how to get on and off escalators

I can think of a couple of reasons why some people are cautious when approaching or exiting an escalator and they have nothing to do with where they are from.

Some may have balance or mobility issues. Some may be wearing high heels and are careful because they don’t want to get their heel caught in one of the those moving metal grooves on the escalator.

• Like 1

The responses to my comments are great!  No seriously, this thread was sold as “advice to new celebrity cruisers” but it isn’t that at all.  It really is just an airing of grievances, which I get for sure, just not under that headline.  I am always baffled (and a little annoyed I’ll admit) at the ignorance of those trying to get on the subway before folks get off.  But it isn’t something I will spend a lot of time sharing with others.

I am dying to go to the elevator at the bottom (immediately after you get on the ship after an excursion) - the one that only goes one direction (up) and turn to someone on here and ask very seriously, is this going down?

Edited by NedScharpf

14 minutes ago, NedScharpf said:

The responses to my comments are great!  No seriously, this thread was sold as “advice to new celebrity cruisers” but it isn’t that at all.  It really is just an airing of grievances, which I get for sure, just not under that headline.  I am always baffled (and a little annoyed I’ll admit) at the ignorance of those trying to get on the subway before folks get off.  But it isn’t something I will spend a lot of time sharing with others.

I am dying to go to the elevator at the bottom (immediately after you get on the ship after an excursion) - the one that only goes one direction (up) and turn to someone on here and ask very seriously, is this going down?

LOL.. We walk up one or two floors and catch it there

On 11/15/2022 at 7:08 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

The elevators 🤯 anymore I will just share their sense of urgency and walk directly into their path as I step off. More than once I have made full body contact with someone. 

The line at al Bacio should also be some sort of social experiment. If you 'just want a black coffee' (which they do not serve) apparently you are entitled to selectively ignore the 10+ people waiting in line. Waving your card in the air seems to be a frequent approach too. 

I will have to keep the body contact in mind for my upcoming cruise.