Advice for all first time Celebrity cruisers

WestLakeGirl

Based on observations from recent cruises on M and S class ships😀

may not be relevant to other cruise lines or e class ships

please let people OFF the elevator before you start to get ON

OCCUPIED stalls in the restroom have red showing on the locks

elevator “dings” tell you which way the elevator is going — 1 ding for up, 2 dings for down

also the elevators have arrows showing you which way they are going

the Cafe al Bacio has table service.   Form a line (queue) for takeaway

if the stanchions are up, they aren’t ready to start serving lunch so don’t climb under them

don’t shout out answers in trivia or sing out answers in music trivia — it’s a game!

don’t use your phones in trivia even if the host forgets to tell you not to

no smoking inside includes e-cigarettes

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

The elevators 🤯 anymore I will just share their sense of urgency and walk directly into their path as I step off. More than once I have made full body contact with someone. 

The line at al Bacio should also be some sort of social experiment. If you 'just want a black coffee' (which they do not serve) apparently you are entitled to selectively ignore the 10+ people waiting in line. Waving your card in the air seems to be a frequent approach too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All excellent---

I'm not being a " Smart A-- " ( It's been discussed so many times ),

But, please also observe All the rules, including Dress Code, don't leave " something " on a lounge chair at the pool for hours, and most important---- show respect to Staff and fellow passengers.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

elevator “dings” tell you which way the elevator is going — 1 ding for up, 2 dings for down

Thanks, I never noticed that.  Now to remember 1 ding for up and 2 for down, or is it 2 for down and 1 for up.🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The elevators 🤯 anymore I will just share their sense of urgency and walk directly into their path as I step off. More than once I have made full body contact with someone. 

The line at al Bacio should also be some sort of social experiment. If you 'just want a black coffee' (which they do not serve) apparently you are entitled to selectively ignore the 10+ people waiting in line. Waving your card in the air seems to be a frequent approach too. 

That made me chuckle..

• Haha 1

I’ll play

Shoes are required in the OceanView Cafe

Don’t leave room service trays in the passageways because it’s hard to move scooters and housekeeping buggies past them

if you find a duck don’t take it to lost and found.  Either keep it or hide it somewhere else

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’ll play

Don’t leave room service trays in the passageways because it’s hard to move scooters and housekeeping buggies past them

if you find a duck don’t take it to lost and found.  Either keep it or hide it somewhere else

Thanks! Always wondered what to do with the duck...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’ll play

Don’t leave room service trays in the passageways because it’s hard to move scooters and housekeeping buggies past them  and it looks disgusting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I guess that is called “Anti-social distancing”.  😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That is my method of dealing with elevator invaders 😄. I just walk straight into them. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I think we need a new phrase.  “Common courtesy” and “common sense” aren’t common anymore.

Totally agree.  People have become thoughtless.  We always seem to have a cabin next to a door slammer.  We have put notes on their door.

Love when an elevator is full and when it stops, more people try to jam in.  Can they not wait for the next one?

Thanks for starting this thread WestLakeGirl.

• Like 4

I really wonder if people come from such small towns that they have little or no experience with elevators.  The same with escalators……i see people in airports who have no idea how to get on and off escalators

Edited by Alakegirl

. If you 'just want a black coffee' (which they do not serve) 

Damn, I wonder what they have been serving me if not black coffee every time I order a cofee americano?  Taste just like black coffee to me but then again I guess it's not.. 

• Like 1

I have been known to body check a few times myself, followed by a very vocal 'excuse me.' 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I really wonder if people come from such small towns that they have little or no experience with elevators.  The same with escalators……i see people in airports who have no idea how to get on and off escalators

If you follow me as I get on an escalator, you'd guess I came from a small town and you'd be wrong!

Maybe it's a leftover fear from riding those old wooden escalators in Macy's NYC!

• Like 1