Royal Up working for anyone?

billy9394

53 minutes ago, teddie said:

So a mock booking for my cruise says suites are sold out, yet it gives me the option on the Royal Up to bid on a JS, GS, or OS. What’s up with that? 

teddie 

They are hoping to cut any losses, hedging their bets against people who might late cancel (which can happen at any level of reservation). While it is a shot, it could work out in your favor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, teddie said:

So a mock booking for my cruise says suites are sold out, yet it gives me the option on the Royal Up to bid on a JS, GS, or OS. What’s up with that? 

teddie 

Royal wants you in line if passengers already assigned JS, GS, or OS do not show up or cancel cruises.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:27 AM, billy9394 said:

Hi!

Wondering if Royal Up webiste https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade is working for anyone? I tried to look up my booking to see if its eligible for up bid but all i'm getting is "Please wait, we are checking for availability" but nothing ever loads. I even tried a random last name and reservation ID and still getting the same. I tried on chromebook, laptop, iphone, and iPad and all getting the same message. Wondering if it's me or anyone else??

Mine does the same thing.  I’m within 30 days.  I tried to see what options there were on my last cruise and it never worked then either.  This was back on July.  

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Royal wants you in line if passengers already assigned JS, GS, or OS do not show up or cancel cruises.  

Thank you!  I received the email to bid and I was 74 days out. We already have a balcony cabin in a good location so I skipped the large balcony cabin and bid on a JS and a GS. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I get either as my bids are on the low side. But we shall see. 

On Symphony Dec 03  booked a Jr Suite  Put a royal up for a GS an a OS  Yesterday I was moved to a Grand Suite   happy happy   For what i paid for the Jr suites plus my up grade I beleive I'm still a grand under what a GS was selling for a few weeks ago  Plus they gave me $1000 OBC  Why I got that I have no idea.  But i will take it

• Like 1

We sail on the Allure on Sunday 11/27 and yesterday got an email for our offers that said Onbard Upgrade Review.  They have not selected our offer yet and the team onboard is still reviewing and may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time.  We can still modify our bid also.  Hoping for a last minute email even if its once we board that we get an upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mam11 said:

We are within 30 days but still get the box saying to wait and to be sure info is correct. Is there another way to do it? 

Unlikely. Check with others on your sailing to see if anyone was able to bid.

Edited by Biker19

45 minutes ago, mam11 said:

We are within 30 days but still get the box saying to wait and to be sure info is correct. Is there another way to do  it? No email yet. 

If another guest on your reservation has a different last name, you might try the other name.

There are a few travel agents (including a big box agency starting with C…I won’t name them due to CC rules)that do not participate in RoyalUp (or any other cruise bidding program).  If you booked with such an agent, you cannot participate.

There are reports of guests who do not receive bid offers for unknown reasons on some sailings though the same guest does on other sailings.  That has not happened to me, knock on wood.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:01 PM, Starry Eyes said:

If another guest on your reservation has a different last name, you might try the other name.

There are a few travel agents (including a big box agency starting with C…I won’t name them due to CC rules)that do not participate in RoyalUp (or any other cruise bidding program).  If you booked with such an agent, you cannot participate.

There are reports of guests who do not receive bid offers for unknown reasons on some sailings though the same guest does on other sailings.  That has not happened to me, knock on wood.

Three sailings in a row booked on Explorer. 5 night, 8 night and 6 night. Royal Up on 1 and 3 but not the middle one. Friends on same cruise and same cabin type were able to RU. Go figure.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, Starry Eyes said:

thank you for this info!! I have been trying since I reached 30 days from cruise date and it will NOT work for me!!!  Now I know why.

10 minutes ago, Joleen said:

In bidding on royal up, does it matter which loyalty level you are on?

Joleen, Plano, Texas

I think not.

While none of us know the details of the RoyalUp algorithm, we have seen newbies, Pinnacles and everyone in between report both wins and losses.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Den7Cruiser said:

thank you for this info!! I have been trying since I reached 30 days from cruise date and it will NOT work for me!!!  Now I know why.

If you’d like to see it in writing from them, you could google “does (fill in the blank) participate in cruise bidding programs”

It bugs some of their customers when they learn this, so we see posting about it on this board regularly.  Next time you book, you’ll know in advance. 

19 minutes ago, george35 said:

We are leaving on the Jewel Jan. 6th on a b/b got a em today for a royal-up for jan 6th only.If I bid will that include both weeks??

george35

No, your two cruises have separate reservation numbers.  You would have to bid separately for each cruise.  You could win one cruise and lose the other.  The offers one cruise may be different prices than the other.  If you are interested you do not necessarily have to have an email to bid for the other cruise too  Try to sign in with the other reservation number.  Here is the link

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by Starry Eyes

Royal wants you in line, if passengers already assigned in cabins you are bidding on ,                                 do not show up or cancel cruises.  Then the highest bidder on those cabins wins . 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I think what matter most is what cabin category you reserved and how much you paid for it.

I think the availability of the cabin you are bidding on and the amount of money you bid for that cabin matter a great deal.  I think the general category you reserved also matters, though I suspect your invoice price makes little or no difference.