No More Mixed Shots!

id10t

10 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

when was the last time anyone saw them "walking around with trays of shots for sale"?  For me it was a Carnival cruise in 2017 and it was after dinner in an MDR.

yeah….I don’t think I’ve seen that on ANY cruise line for a while.  Crew and those reporting here are all over the map on this.  I don’t think NCL has clearly communicated their policies….to ANYONE.

We just don’t know what is/isn’t true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Hello Everyone:  It seems that it is TRUE.  Shooter Drinks due to price Increase are an up charge for the Premium Beverage Package.  Not much but an upcharge.  The Premium Plus Package there is no Upcharge.  

The crew hates this change but I think it is NCL trying to make a bigger profit to make up for loses. Hope this helps everyone.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

Gary - Can you try ordering a mini-beer?  It's a mixed shot with nothing premium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

when was the last time anyone saw them "walking around with trays of shots for sale"?  For me it was a Carnival cruise in 2017 and it was after dinner in an MDR.

Like 2 months ago on a Carnival cruise. They would walk around the MDR with a tray of shots and approach each table trying to sell them. Table next to me would pretty much buy them every time so I saw it daily. 

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Gary - Can you try ordering a mini-beer?  It's a mixed shot with nothing premium.

He has plus, so not sure it's going to change anything on his end since it's included in his plan. It would answer the question if you can get a mini beer on the breakaway

• Like 1

I have often wondered if the liquor a cruise line offers is tied to marketing agreements they may have with the distilleries.

I’ve seen Capt Morgan Rum mentioned a lot here.  But, Goslings seems to have forged some sort of relationship with NCL, as they offer Gosling rum excursions in addition to its wide availability on NCL cruises.  Never seen any of that with Capt Morgan.  

So, could be based on preferential pricing NCL gets from Gosling to be included in the Drink Pacakge with no up charge.

Another example….Buffalo Trace Bourbon is a scarce commodity around my area, whose distillery is maybe a 90 minute drive for me.  Yet, it’s readily available on NCL as part of the drink package.

Only think I can figure is NCL has agreements with some liquor distributors for certain liquors with preferential pricing while others, with no agreement, are at a price disadvantage.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:07 PM, pc_load_letter said:

Just off Bliss today. I can confirm they  were making the "mini beer" shots. Also saw them make lemondrops.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, SeaShark said:

No problem on Encore

Thank you both for reporting back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@Sthrngary how did you get on with your mixed shots last week?

More importantly, we just boarded the Breakaway as you got off, which bars (if any) had 1942, did you leave any 😂

I was in the Vibe and they did a couple of B52's.  NO 1942 on the ship.  I was not in the Haven. 

Cruise well and ask me anything. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Plenty of Capt Morgan's on Bliss the week after Thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, Wildfan43 said:

That’s great to hear. Hopefully there will be plenty on the Escape in January also. 

You can bet I'll be reporting to everyone on the availability of Capt. Morgan in three weeks. I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but maybe...just maybe, I'll have @pc_load_letter's fortune.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

So is this still accurate that you can not order mixed shots like a Green Tea Shot or Mini Beer or Superman shot? We leave on the Bliss next Saturday so just curious 

Haven't heard recently, please try to remember to report back your experience.  On a selfish note, could you check availability of Captain Morgan too?  Have a great cruise.

Well, at least on the Encore, last week (late January 2023) you could indeed order mixed shots...Green Tea, Mini Beer, etc.  It was great and everyone had fun.  No problems ordering them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

So is this still accurate that you can not order mixed shots like a Green Tea Shot or Mini Beer or Superman shot? We leave on the Bliss next Saturday so just curious 

You could in Vibe on the Bliss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JGmf said:

Well, at least on the Encore, last week (late January 2023) you could indeed order mixed shots...Green Tea, Mini Beer, etc.  It was great and everyone had fun.  No problems ordering them.

Thanks goodness! I mean it wouldn't have been a deal breaker but definitely a bummer. We love Green Tea Shots 😋

I am happy that just a few of us had this experience on two or three ships.  Not sure about the cause or why it was for such a short time.  Just glad it is no longer an issue, and people can get mixed shots.  I would love to know why this was a short-lived event, but I assume I will never know.

Looking back, I could have made some changes to my post to be more direct and avoid all the chaos in this thread.  When you are on a cruise, it is easy to post out of passion and not think about being extremely precise in what you are saying so that people do not get triggered.  I would love to be able to edit or append the title and first post, but that is not possible for me to do.  I apologize for getting people wound up on this post; it was not my intent.

The title should have been something to the extent of.  “Currently on NCL Pearl, and they are not allowing mixed shots this cruise as of November 18th, 2022.”

And if I could re-write the first post, it would have this.

“We are currently on the NCL Pearl, and none of the bartenders are allowed to give out mixed shots at any of the bars.  Only straight shots are allowed at this time.  When I asked, they told me and others on the ship that “it was a directive from the corporate.”  I do not know if this is true, just what we were told during our cruise on the NCL Pearl from November 18th to the 29th, 2022.  Yes, we had the drink package.  We tried every bar other than the Heaven.”

12 hours ago, id10t said:

I am happy that just a few of us had this experience on two or three ships.  Not sure about the cause or why it was for such a short time.  Just glad it is no longer an issue, and people can get mixed shots.  I would love to know why this was a short-lived event, but I assume I will never know.

Looking back, I could have made some changes to my post to be more direct and avoid all the chaos in this thread.  When you are on a cruise, it is easy to post out of passion and not think about being extremely precise in what you are saying so that people do not get triggered.  I would love to be able to edit or append the title and first post, but that is not possible for me to do.  I apologize for getting people wound up on this post; it was not my intent.

The title should have been something to the extent of.  “Currently on NCL Pearl, and they are not allowing mixed shots this cruise as of November 18th, 2022.”

And if I could re-write the first post, it would have this.

“We are currently on the NCL Pearl, and none of the bartenders are allowed to give out mixed shots at any of the bars.  Only straight shots are allowed at this time.  When I asked, they told me and others on the ship that “it was a directive from the corporate.”  I do not know if this is true, just what we were told during our cruise on the NCL Pearl from November 18th to the 29th, 2022.  Yes, we had the drink package.  We tried every bar other than the Heaven.”

Don't beat yourself up over it! It happens...every day on Cruise Critic. :) 

• Thanks 1