Is everyone still bringing their vaccination cards?

8esther8

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You don't know how to do an internet search? 

Currently you don't need to be vaccinated to visit any of those ports.  

Thanks. I couldn't find it on the internet, so I thought I'd try this friendly board and see if others had helpful suggestions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pool_lounger said:

Thanks. I couldn't find it on the internet, so I thought I'd try this friendly board and see if others had helpful suggestions. 

I think this board or more specifically this thread could be confusing because many are acting like ports are requiring vaccination. They think they have to carry a paper vaccination card in their wallet. But I would suggest checking all requirements, not just vaccination requirements, check documents requirements too. The cruise lines leave that up to us. 

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I think this board or more specifically this thread could be confusing because many are acting like ports are requiring vaccination. They think they have to carry a paper vaccination card in their wallet. But I would suggest checking all requirements, not just vaccination requirements, check documents requirements too. The cruise lines leave that up to us. 

I just go with the path of least resistance:  I have a mask and my vaccination card with me at all times.  That way I am prepared as the adult boy scout said several posts ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

I just go with the path of least resistance:  I have a mask and my vaccination card with me at all times.  That way I am prepared as the adult boy scout said several posts ago.

No one has ever asked for my vaccination card and no place I go now requires a mask. I have not worn a mask since May. If the situation changes I will change but I am not stuck in the last war. I don’t think carrying a card and mask that no one cares about anymore is being prepared. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, Charles4515 said:

No one has ever asked for my vaccination card and no place I go now requires a mask. I have not worn a mask since May. If the situation changes I will change but I am not stuck in the last war. I don’t think carrying a card and mask that no one cares about anymore is being prepared. 

Let's see:  assisted living center required mask AND took my temp; dentist office today required mask in their waiting room; hotel 2 days ago required mask in public areas; new care home for my MIL required mask, temp, and vaccination card.

Who knows who is going to ask for what?  I just keep these two small, take-up-no-room items with me, and don't get defensive or angry because I'm asked to use them once in a while. It truly is no big deal.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pcur said:

Let's see:  assisted living center required mask AND took my temp; dentist office today required mask in their waiting room; hotel 2 days ago required mask in public areas; new care home for my MIL required mask, temp, and vaccination card.

Who knows who is going to ask for what?  I just keep these two small, take-up-no-room items with me, and don't get defensive or angry because I'm asked to use them once in a while. It truly is no big deal.

Glad I do'n't live  where you live.  No business or venue asked to see my vacination card the whole pandemic. I never carried my card with me and I went everywhere. Someone made a great point in this thread. What does vacination mean now?  What good is a card with two jabs in February of 2021? I would consider any place asking to see a vacination card or requiring a mask this fall bonkers, If anyone did ask to see a vaccination card I would get annoyed with such foolishness.. But none are going to ask to see my vaccination card here and no busness is requiring masks so I am not carring a paper card or a mask. My dentist did not require a mask in July.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, pcur said:

Not surprised it's California

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Glad I do'n't live  where you live.  No business or venue asked to see my vacination card the whole pandemic. I never carried my card with me and I went everywhere. Someone made a great point in this thread. What does vacination mean now?  What good is a card with two jabs in February of 2021? I would consider any place asking to see a vacination card or requiring a mask this fall bonkers, If anyone did ask to see a vaccination card I would get annoyed with such foolishness.. But none are going to ask to see my vaccination card here and no busness is requiring masks so I am not carring a paper card or a mask. My dentist did not require a mask in July.

Exactly!  We haven't worn a mask anywhere in two years not even at my doctors office.  Never asked for a vaccination card.  Never taken a test.  We have chosen our vacations to places that don't require any of that and will continue to do so.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

Yes, it is a big deal to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everytime we went to Bonaire, after cruise startups, they wanted to see proof of vaccination (last time was early October) as we got out of the dock. It could be your card, a copy of the card or the app. So yes, we do/will carry some proof.

Mask is always in pocket book and just as well, because a church we visited in St Kitts requested we put it on. We complied.
Not discussing what we think,  just replying to the OP's question.

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Everytime we went to Bonaire, after cruise startups, they wanted to see proof of vaccination (last time was early October) as we got out of the dock. It could be your card, a copy of the card or the app. So yes, we do/will carry some proof.

Mask is always in pocket book and just as well, because a church we visited in St Kitts requested we put it on. We complied.
Not discussing what we think,  just replying to the OP's question.

Bonaire is no longer requires vaccination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

This web page is very informative.  Updated for December 2022.

https://www.islandlifecaribbean.com/covid-19-update/

Nice try but while the  page says updated in December if you read the dates under each island the info is as of March, April and May. It is outdated. It is not information. Most of it is wrong. What is your purpose?Are you trying to mislead? 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, pcur said:

What hotel made you wear a mask in public areas?  Most businesses don’t care anymore.

• Like 1

Masks are required in various environments, including the office where I work.  When we walk around or in group meetings/settings ... masks are required.

Some people seem to object to the behavior of those of us who still mask, when we feel it's appropriate.  it's THEY who need to get over it and move on.  😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longford said:

Masks are required in various environments, including the office where I work.  When we walk around or in group meetings/settings ... masks are required.

Some people seem to object to the behavior of those of us who still mask, when we feel it's appropriate.  it's THEY who need to get over it and move on.  😇

I would find a different job!

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 10:21 PM, pcur said:

1 hour ago, Longford said:

The only places I've been the last year that required a mask were an airport (before that rule got shot down), a cruise terminal (before that rule got shot down) and a doctor's office (which was hardly enforced)

It's a shame you're stuck living places that still require them.

• Like 5