Is everyone still bringing their vaccination cards?

8esther8

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I still have the records on my phone from when proof might have been required to enter some venue or busness  (never had to though)  but I never carried the actual card. I am not taking the actual card on a cruise when vaccination is not required by the cruise line. If some country or busness adds that after I embark and the digital record is not enough .............well I will take that risk. 

So, you think I should just take a picture and leave the original at home?

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have ours on my phone as well. However, the phone gets turned off and stored in the safe as soon as we board, so whatever is stored on it is of no use to us on a cruise.

#2 here on photos, and Apple Wallet/health app. Our card is in our passport wallets so if one is lost, so is the other. We are in trouble then. 😂

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

So, you think I should just take a picture and leave the original at home?

My answer was what I do. I have had four shots but I am not takng the original if it is not required. I think everyone else should do what they feel comfortable doing. I keep all my vacicintion records, not only Covid on my iPhone in the health app. I find that helpful to keep up to date.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

We don't leave home without them (when traveling).  We take the original CDC cards (also keep them in the passport covers).   Additionally we have them in our digital wallets.   

They were not needed on our last two trips.   Last time we needed them was for travel back in April.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1

Sure! It is in the new passport/vaccine card/global entry card folders that we all purchased on Amazon. 😊 Why not? Better to have with you than not. That is kind of a silly question. It is paper, not heavy or inconvenient to bring with you. 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Sure! It is in the new passport/vaccine card/global entry card folders that we all purchased on Amazon. 😊 Why not? Better to have with you than not. That is kind of a silly question. It is paper, not heavy or inconvenient to bring with you. 🙄

Agree.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, 8esther8 said:

We cruise on Saturday to the Caribbean -- St Thomas, Labadee, San Juan, Coco Cay-- any reason to bring our vaccination cards?

Some countries still require vaccinations and I don't trust Royal to be accurate.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

It is required still in Haiti , Honduras and Columbia...We were asked if we had them last week on Odessey (stopped in Labadee) but did mot have to show them.

Isn’t that requirement for those countries pertain to testing and not vaccination?

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Paper is easily damaged and unlike a passport or GE card there is no way I can get the paper card replaced. So far none has convinced me I should bring the paper card with me on cruises where vaccination is not required. I have photos of the card and digital records with QR codes in my Apple Wallet but I doubt anyone will ask to to see those either. My paper card will stay at home. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 11/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, 8esther8 said:

We cruise on Saturday to the Caribbean -- St Thomas, Labadee, San Juan, Coco Cay-- any reason to bring our vaccination cards?

I always carry our vaccination cards when we cruise.  They are in with our passports and I never take them out. Plus, I have copies of them in our phones.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would bring it. Even if the ports you are visiting don’t require proof of vaccination, there could always be an itinerary change. It would be a shame to miss a port because you didn’t pack your proof of vaccination 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

It is required still in Haiti , Honduras and Columbia...We were asked if we had them last week on Odessey (stopped in Labadee) but did mot have to show them.

Turks and Caicos requires proof of vaccination

8 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

The jab isn't required so why would you need it?  

Vaccination may not be required to cruise but can still be required to disembark by ports. I wouldn’t want to be unable to get off the ship. Itinerary or vaccination requirement changes are always a possibility