Premium Plus Bev Pkg

FLcruisergrl

Getting ready to sail on the Escape in the Haven in a few weeks. I have the PPBP for the first time and want to take full advantage. I’m not a huge drinker, so give me some ideas of what I should order with this upgraded package! For context, I like fruity, rum, tequila, vodka, red wine, rose, champagne. Thanks!

If you'll be in the Haven, just let the bartenders go to town. Tell them what you're in the mood for, and they'll make you some amazing drinks.

Either tell them the type of spirit you want (rum, tequilla, vodka, etc), or whether you want something fruity, refreshing, spirit forward, creamy, or even just tell them "I want something blue". They can come up with amazing things if you just nudge them in some type of direction.

They can also make lots of good frozen drinks too. I've gotten in the habit of skipping desert and drinking my calories at night with frozen grasshoppers, frozen tiramisu, slushy fuzzy navels.... 

No need to memorize drink names or what's in them, just tell them what you're looking for and they'll invent it.

• Like 2

I think there is a Cellars wine bar on the Escape. We found that bar really good on our last cruise for trying out different wines. I picked a different wine each day to try.

We like Champagne too, which quickly makes the plus package worth it. 

Also don’t forget the non alcoholic drinks. I often grab a coffee when passing Starbucks and always enjoy an espresso after meals (not that they always charge for that anyway). We also get through lots of sparkling water.

As mentioned above, the staff are always keen to help you get value out of the package, everywhere on the ship.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I think there is a Cellars wine bar on the Escape. We found that bar really good on our last cruise for trying out different wines. I picked a different wine each day to try.

We like Champagne too, which quickly makes the plus package worth it. 

Also don’t forget the non alcoholic drinks. I often grab a coffee when passing Starbucks and always enjoy an espresso after meals (not that they always charge for that anyway). We also get through lots of sparkling water.

As mentioned above, the staff are always keen to help you get value out of the package, everywhere on the ship.

I read elsewhere on this forum that you are lucky if your boat has even a third of listed alcohols under plus. Has you experience been better ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I am not sure that I would invest in a Plus package if I am not much of a drinker. I would pretty much stick to the Haven bar and work with the bartenders to make you some creative drinks. 

I presume the "Haven" bar is not available to us peasants, is it ?

36 minutes ago, akny said:

I read elsewhere on this forum that you are lucky if your boat has even a third of listed alcohols under plus. Has you experience been better ? 

I’m mainly a beer and wine drinker and mainly upgrade for the wine options. Whilst there have sometimes been wines that aren’t available there have always alternatives which work for us.

When it comes to spirits, I have no specific types that I must have, but if you really need your specific brand then you may be disappointed.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I am not sure that I would invest in a Plus package if I am not much of a drinker. I would pretty much stick to the Haven bar and work with the bartenders to make you some creative drinks. 

I think this really depends on what you like. If you aren’t much of a drinker but want to try a few things then I absolutely agree. There are loads of options available under the normal package.

However, even if you don’t drink huge amounts but have a few specific, expensive, drinks that you like and especially if you enjoy champagne, then the extra cost can make a massive difference. If you like coffee and sparkling water as well then it becomes even better value.

• Like 3

Two drinks per order. Test your own palate. Get a “regular” tequila as your control group, one you are accustomed to drinking. Then ask the bartender to make you the same drink with the “premium plus grade” tequila. Many times I can taste the difference. Sometimes I can’t. Either way, it is a fun way to explore and try new things. Cheers!

Edited by New2cruise2022
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Getting ready to sail on the Escape in the Haven in a few weeks. I have the PPBP for the first time and want to take full advantage. I’m not a huge drinker, so give me some ideas of what I should order with this upgraded package! For context, I like fruity, rum, tequila, vodka, red wine, rose, champagne. Thanks!

You might find this thead useful:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Two drinks per order. Test your own palate. Get a “regular” tequila as your control group, one you are accustomed to drinking. Then ask the bartender to make you the same drink with the “premium plus grade” tequila. Many times I can taste the difference. Sometimes I can’t. Either way, it is a fun way to explore and try new things. Cheers!

Great idea!

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

I think this really depends on what you like. If you aren’t much of a drinker but want to try a few things then I absolutely agree. There are loads of options available under the normal package.

However, even if you don’t drink huge amounts but have a few specific, expensive, drinks that you like and especially if you enjoy champagne, then the extra cost can make a massive difference. If you like coffee and sparkling water as well then it becomes even better value.

Yeah, my tastes are expensive! Love the Veuve, so between that, coffee, and water, it’s totally worth it. Excited to try other things, too. I like the idea of letting the Haven bartenders create things for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I’m the only one over 21 in our room because my hubby can’t make this cruise. So I was able to upgrade only me. I know I like Veuve and am a big water drinker, so it’s definitely worth it. Just looking to expand my drink horizons and try new things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I’m the only one over 21 in our room because my hubby can’t make this cruise. So I was able to upgrade only me. I know I like Veuve and am a big water drinker, so it’s definitely worth it. Just looking to expand my drink horizons and try new things.

Hey, give it a a shot. Just don’t be disappointed if they don’t have items listed on the promo advertising. That list is as fictitious as Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster and the Tooth Fairy all rolled into one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Makes perfect sense.  I do the same, as a solo.  Love my Veuve, Pellegrino, and I'm good for a Starbucks now and again.  I more than get my money's worth.

You may want to consider Free at Sea Plus instead, as it can be an even better value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Makes perfect sense.  I do the same, as a solo.  Love my Veuve, Pellegrino, and I'm good for a Starbucks now and again.  I more than get my money's worth.

You may want to consider Free at Sea Plus instead, as it can be an even better value.

I thought about it, but my daughter would be required to get that too. We’re only doing 1 NCL excursion and we already have 2 specialty dinners. Being in the Haven, we didn’t really want two more. It’s a very good deal, just not for us on this cruise!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I thought about it, but my daughter would be required to get that too. We’re only doing 1 NCL excursion and we already have 2 specialty dinners. Being in the Haven, we didn’t really want two more. It’s a very good deal, just not for us on this cruise!

OK, just wanted to make sure you considered it. 

I upgrade every meal to specialty but then I'm not in the Haven.  Plus, I need Internet.  Since I'm solo, the excursions don't come into play, nor does the need to pay for someone else's package who won't utilize it.  🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Hey, give it a a shot. Just don’t be disappointed if they don’t have items listed on the promo advertising. That list is as fictitious as Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster and the Tooth Fairy all rolled into one.

I've always declined the drink package.  Never felt it was worth even the cost of the gratuities.  The only reason I would take the package would be to upgrade it to plus so I could drink macallan.  I haven't done it because of all the reports of upgrade items not being stocked 

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

I've always declined the drink package.  Never felt it was worth even the cost of the gratuities.  The only reason I would take the package would be to upgrade it to plus so I could drink macallan.  I haven't done it because of all the reports of upgrade items not being stocked 

Math is easy, it’s a no brainer for me…bring it on. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:
On 11/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, akny said:

I presume the "Haven" bar is not available to us peasants, is it ?

Haven bar is only available to guests staying in Haven rooms. One of the perks of membership.

As mentioned, getting creative drinks from inventive bartenders is not exclusive to the Haven.  Find a not-busy bartender in a not-busy bar.  Read: not the lobby bar.  I've found they are happy to indulge you with creativity. (For them, it's probably not that creative!).  Tip appropriately!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Math is easy, it’s a no brainer for me…bring it on. 

Agreed. At 2 drinks you are already in the positive so it’s a no brainer unless you absolutely don’t drink at all.  Even if you only end up having one drink on a day it’s still only about $6-7 that you “loss”. The only things that I have had to upgrade on is wine if we didn’t like the wine in that type and it usually is only $1-$2.

Edited by Liljo22