Ports options from NY?? Any idea?

mook1525

Hello cruisers!

for those of you who regularly sails out of NY can relate to this as I am somewhat frustrated by repetitive port of calls from NY.

Arriving at Port Canaveral at…1PM????

Coco Cay

Nassau

while I love Oasis of the Seas this itinerary gets old pretty quickly.

I understand distance issue so not many options are available but I think Royal can do something about it. Please let me know if below are even possible?

1. keep current schedule but arrive at Port Canaveral at 10AM or earlier so we can have FULL day.

2. Miami, Coco Cay, Nassau

3. Port Canaveral Full Day, Overnight stay at Bermuda

4. Coco Cay overnight stay and Nassau.

what do you all think? Any other possible itinerary you want to see for Oasis of the Seas or Anthem?

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The ship can only travel so far in a 7 day round trip. My guess is the ship can't arrive in Port Canaveral any earlier, it just takes that long to get there.

This is the biggest issue

if you want more port time or different ports then the number of days need to increase to like a 8 or 9 day cruise. this is what other cruise lines do 

these 7 day noon time Port Canaveral, private island and nassau is done by all of the NYC based cruise lines like Royal, NCL and MSC cruises. Carnival does 8 day cruises

I'm on an 8 niter and the only additional port is Miami.

Many years ago, when we left out of NYC the Oceanic only stopped in Nassau.  We also sailed the Italian line I believe it was Leonardo Da Vinci and it stopped at St. Thomas only.

43 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm on an 8 niter and the only additional port is Miami.

Many years ago, when we left out of NYC the Oceanic only stopped in Nassau.  We also sailed the Italian line I believe it was Leonardo Da Vinci and it stopped at St. Thomas only.

Italian Line memories...as a child, we sailed on the Marconi and the Rafaello.  Great experiences on beautiful ships....

We cruise out of Bayonne up to 5 times a year.

We did regular

• 7 dayer to Port Canaveral and Bahamas (just returned) - on Anthem and Oasis  (and NCL out of NYC)
  • 8 dayers to Port Canaveral and Bahamas on Anthem for Thanksgivings. Too bad they switched to 7.
  • 9 dayers to Caribbeans with Bermuda or without - on Explorer, but Adventure is doing it now
  • 6 and 9 dayers to Canada on Adventure.
  • 7 days to Bermuda with Celebrity
  • 8 days on Carnival - Nassau - Half Moon Cay (private) - Grand Turk & Caicos.
  • 5 days to Canada and NE on Queen Mary 2 from Brooklyn
  • 9 days to Bermuda and Caribbeans on Princess
  • 9 and 10 days on NCL Gem from Manhattan to Eastern Caribbeans

RCI now has 3 ships + 1 Celebrity ship year around and itineraries exist. We were on Anthem for 7 days on Thanksgiving and will be for 11 days in January to Caribbeans

Adventure (now Liberty will?) does Bermuda/Caribbeans - 9 days, Bermuda during warmer season

I don't think Oasis will divert from simple itineraries. People love Oasis for different things.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Italian Line “Marconi” from New York in 1979 had a 10 day itinerary to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Antigua.

I sailed in early April.

NCL does similar 9-10 itins. Problem with NCL it does not have inside pools/solariums. It is cold in the beginning of April, but we did with them 9-10 dayers from NYC and 14 days to 7 East/Southern Caribbeans from Boston!

Anthem is sailing in January for 11 days to

• Puerto Rico
  • St Maarten
  • Antigua
  • St Lucia
  • St Kitts

Wonderful itinerary on excellent for winter time ship with solarium and indoor pool!

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, teddie said:

Italian Line memories...as a child, we sailed on the Marconi and the Rafaello.  Great experiences on beautiful ships....

Can't forget the service and the food experience on both the Oceanic and Leonardo Da Vinci.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soccermom4 said:

Maybe check out the Baltimore sailings?  We're doing 8 days which includes full day in Charleston, Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau plus a couple of days at see.  It's Enchantment - not Oasis, but I like the easy full days.

RC from Baltimore also does 12 night cruises to more southern Caribbean.  Three sea days, five islands, three sea days.

6 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

What about sailing north to Canada and New England?  I would prefer that over Bahamas/Carib.  And cruises longer than 7 nights.

We were just on a 9 night NE/Canada cruise from Cape Liberty on October 29th on Adventure of the Seas.

• Like 1