Quest dry dock ?

Piaa

Well, we just booked the Quest for 2024 (LOL - I know a looong way away) but just noticed the last time the Quest was refurbished was in 2016 so wondering if anyone thinks she might go in to dry dock anytime soon?

Thanks for any insight 

1 hour ago, Piaa said:

Well, we just booked the Quest for 2024 (LOL - I know a looong way away) but just noticed the last time the Quest was refurbished was in 2016 so wondering if anyone thinks she might go in to dry dock anytime soon?

Thanks for any insight 

When we were on Quest in September we were told that it was the last ship to be dry docked, looking at the 2024 schedule there’s a two week window at the beginning of April 2024 after the Rio to Lisbon Trans-Atlantic.

9 minutes ago, Riocca said:

When we were on Quest in September we were told that it was the last ship to be dry docked, looking at the 2024 schedule there’s a two week window at the beginning of April 2024 after the Rio to Lisbon Trans-Atlantic.

AWESOME - thank you and fingers crossed 

I was just on the Quest. The Captain and hotel director told me that the Quest will go into drydock in March or April 2024. I was also told that the bathrooms in the owners suites will be upgraded as on the Pursuit.  That means much, much more storage space.   I assume the other categories will also be refurbished. That is great news! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twiga said:

I was just on the Quest. The Captain and hotel director told me that the Quest will go into drydock in March or April 2024. I was also told that the bathrooms in the owners suites will be upgraded as on the Pursuit.  That means much, much more storage space.   I assume the other categories will also be refurbished. That is great news! 

There's already more storage space in the CW bathrooms on Quest than we could use!

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There's already more storage space in the CW bathrooms on Quest than we could use!

I disagree with this, realising we all have different priorities and maybe the amount of toiletries we take with us!  Considering the size of the suites, the current Journey and Quest bathroom storage I think is really poor. There is nowhere to put your "stuff" except to leave it out on the shelf below the mirror or on the open shelf underneath where the towels are. What looks like a drawer below the sink is just a towel hanger. I fed this back  Compare that to Pursuit in the main bathroom and second toilet. There is loads of cupboard space. 

Phil 

2D74C6BE-721A-46DD-80D7-AA885E9B14CE.jpeg

BC7CE55D-6755-4EC5-9DCE-2FF95F1998A1.jpeg

39FD79AD-570E-4E0E-A6C7-738740E6EFC4.jpeg

• Like 1

I guess the difference is that we prefer to keep our bathroom supplies out on the sink surround rather than hiding them in drawers in the bathroom (where we don't remember what's where).  With the separate toilet in the CW suites, no one but us sees the 'mess' so we're happy that way.  The dual-sink picture has no room for stuff, the way we want.

[We do have interesting passive-aggressive power battles with the suite attendants rearranging everything.  Sometimes we win and they learn our ways; sometimes their guidelines or their personality is so strong that they continue to arrange the bathroom 'by the book' right up until the end of the cruise.  Guessing how the suite will be arranged when we come back to it is part of the entertainment! 😉]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 11:00 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I guess the difference is that we prefer to keep our bathroom supplies out on the sink surround rather than hiding them in drawers in the bathroom (where we don't remember what's where).  With the separate toilet in the CW suites, no one but us sees the 'mess' so we're happy that way.  The dual-sink picture has no room for stuff, the way we want.

[We do have interesting passive-aggressive power battles with the suite attendants rearranging everything.  Sometimes we win and they learn our ways; sometimes their guidelines or their personality is so strong that they continue to arrange the bathroom 'by the book' right up until the end of the cruise.  Guessing how the suite will be arranged when we come back to it is part of the entertainment! 😉]

So funny. It is the same at home. Our help arranges everything different in our bathroom. She is so nice we do not tell her, arrange all back as we like; she comes and changes LOL

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Our house she who must be obeyed decides where everything goes. Sometimes I can even find it. 😅

As soon as I get used to where things are in our house (after 38 years), we go to our summer rental or our (much longer) snowbird rental – and I forget everything!  [That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!]

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2022 at 11:31 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I disagree with this, realising we all have different priorities and maybe the amount of toiletries we take with us!  Considering the size of the suites, the current Journey and Quest bathroom storage I think is really poor. There is nowhere to put your "stuff" except to leave it out on the shelf below the mirror or on the open shelf underneath where the towels are. What looks like a drawer below the sink is just a towel hanger. I fed this back  Compare that to Pursuit in the main bathroom and second toilet. There is loads of cupboard space. 

Phil 

I am in Quest 6088 and my towel rack is to the right of sink.

I use the tub more than shower. I like drawers but when on a ship or hotel I like several things on counter. Drawers are for back stock or make up? Hate double sinks perfer  the counter.

on another note  I bet each ship will get the wonderful atlas bar to use at. Night,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I am in Quest 6088 and my towel rack is to the right of sink.

I use the tub more than shower. I like drawers but when on a ship or hotel I like several things on counter. Drawers are for back stock or make up? Hate double sinks perfer  the counter.

on another note  I bet each ship will get the wonderful atlas bar to use at. Night,

As I say, we are all different, but even a window cabin has an open cabinet with shelves which works great to keep tidy. These big suites just have a shelf below the mirror. I think it's odd. 

Just wondering on your source on Atlas?

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

Indeed we are all different, I absolutely hate clutter especially when I am on a ship and things can move so I either want things on shelves (as in the smaller suites and below) or put away.  I also know the attendant has to move things to meet the daily cleaning tasks and do not feel its fair they have to work around "stuff and makeup" as DH calls it.  Around the sink is toothbrush, paste and mouthwash only for me, it is the same at home.  

I remember the first time in the suite in the photo - I spent for ever pulling at the towel rail believing it to be a drawer, then called for housekeeping to come and fix the jammed drawer.😂  When there is two of you double sinks is a godsend at times - I suppose they have designed these bathrooms for couples who are minimalists - we tick that box

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

As I say, we are all different, but even a window cabin has an open cabinet with shelves which works great to keep tidy. These big suites just have a shelf below the mirror. I think it's odd. 

Just wondering on your source on Atlas?

Phil 

I have no,sour se just betting. I found it busy at times Abd other times not busy. But feel that way we den here too.

I just have a feeling.I was told there were mix reviews but to me is like the bathtub still on Quest or JR. Try learning if they will pull them out or leave them in. Love the storage on new ships but missed the counter space.

I leave out face wash,cream and body lotion to,

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Indeed we are all different, I absolutely hate clutter especially when I am on a ship and things can move so I either want things on shelves (as in the smaller suites and below) or put away.  I also know the attendant has to move things to meet the daily cleaning tasks and do not feel its fair they have to work around "stuff and makeup" as DH calls it.  Around the sink is toothbrush, paste and mouthwash only for me, it is the same at home.  

I remember the first time in the suite in the photo - I spent for ever pulling at the towel rail believing it to be a drawer, then called for housekeeping to come and fix the jammed drawer.😂  When there is two of you double sinks is a godsend at times - I suppose they have designed these bathrooms for couples who are minimalists - we tick that box

Snap on all counts!

Phil 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:28 AM, Piaa said:

Thanks for any insight 

I was curious if anyone knows how long the ships usually stay in dry dock. We are looking at a May 2024 cruise on Quest and would want to make sure that the ship if completely ready.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:31 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

I totally agree, I dislike having all my toiletries & make up out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacationgirl13 said:

I was curious if anyone knows how long the ships usually stay in dry dock. We are looking at a May 2024 cruise on Quest and would want to make sure that the ship if completely ready.

It varies by the amount of work, but for Quest, it will be in dry dock from April 1 through April 14, 2024.  You will likely notice nothing much of consequence, since on a 2 week dry dock, virtually everything done will be mechanical inspections, hull cleaning and probably painting.  Maybe some upgrading of soft goods in some areas but not much more than that. 

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2