On the Splendor BtoB Dec 3 -20

cwn

0B7A38A7-263B-4504-863B-3F888B98D476.thumb.jpeg.82c80e0baf1668a2f2989c5cac96c156.jpeg98CDAB00-A930-4DB4-BE0C-95D6B21ED216.thumb.jpeg.3b6b96a9617e1678ff863721fc346391.jpeg5F297AA8-6222-499E-AFE6-D98F3B5A2FA9.thumb.jpeg.ca8c75b230863214f036f69412cb489c.jpeg15775E2F-D88B-46EE-86E0-E64F01851A44.thumb.jpeg.65c714f2ebddb7c399a6b2265a23ab5d.jpegD21E825C-66BB-47D4-9AE1-7914DBB0200C.thumb.jpeg.3fb5c91c2ff6bd96498948b7f6370d4a.jpegB612333C-4BE1-499E-8199-BC4E5634921D.thumb.jpeg.1802c45e172d91e7551ab87397e8ee44.jpeg3CF371FD-E504-46CC-B022-203BAE0229CE.thumb.jpeg.4d15696057358ff838ba1bb9963e5a82.jpeg8B1F8219-A117-41BC-AAFA-ACF1AE0B26FE.thumb.jpeg.1d7dbab8b7ec4cec350a688c053b70f5.jpegC6F7A7B2-A584-4432-A0B7-C902B901012A.thumb.jpeg.a8abbef93a287262461aa1013497d681.jpeg0EA63C5D-DA76-4AA8-A726-C13B5EDBA761.thumb.jpeg.acaf94358c8e441f136bdc3b633d96e7.jpeg71AEA330-4036-4352-8327-B1CFF9A68BE0.thumb.jpeg.5bde493a67f32303b3f8de94554ea065.jpeg75DD97BB-65B6-4BA5-955E-F57EE39D77FE.thumb.jpeg.bed7c50689e5f4bdedd149fabf52c203.jpegSome pictures from the tour on Dominica. It is a pretty island, not at all touristy. Still suffering from a hurricane  5 or so years ago. There is a lot of evidence of volcanic activity on the island.

• Like 3

I almost forgot….from last night…. What is wrong with this picture? Nothing actually if you are right handed! I discovered this on our first visit the first night. Last night they bought me a cup with a proper handle for my tea with out asking….I am left handled…..they didn’t ask just remembered.37A9DC9C-4C4E-4EA1-9F1A-938DA7836E7D.thumb.jpeg.d521030af913ca2a2928efeb184f274b.jpeg

• Like 5

Loved the photos. You really have an eye for interesting shots!

I especially loved the one with the twisty tree in the foreground and the one with the boat leaning on the wall.

I’m liking the sound of room service cocktails on the balcony! Do you get drinks in your fridge? I would like champagne available for a sundowner.

The T files really has been a talking point, sorry. But I think we all know the ins and outs of the Illy machine now!

• Like 1

Just now catching up on your wonderful trip.

as far as tea, with kettles not allowed in rooms, I just go down first thing to coffee connection and make my own.  Yes, that does require getting cleaned up and dressed, but the room service tea has never arrived hot enough for me.  After the first couple of days, the guy in coffee connection sees me coming and has the tea made as soon as I sit down LOL.

• Like 2

Carolyn, we have those same cups at home and I will admit to being far less skilled at remembering my left handed friends than Regent staff are!  Definitely one of those things where you only notice the design is far from inclusive when it's too late 😉

4 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Loved the photos. You really have an eye for interesting shots!

I especially loved the one with the twisty tree in the foreground and the one with the boat leaning on the wall.

I’m liking the sound of room service cocktails on the balcony! Do you get drinks in your fridge? I would like champagne available for a sundowner.

The T files really has been a talking point, sorry. But I think we all know the ins and outs of the Illy machine now!

Thanks for the kind comments. My thing is taking pictures on our trips and making a book when we get home. Dick and I have traveled together separately for almost 60 years. The photographs have settled lots of arguments over the years😂.

Yes they brought bourbon and rum with our requested mixers the first day. In this kind of weather… almost hot 80’s and a little humid we like mojitos and pina collates with a cheese tray to snack on. The balcony is in the shade late afternoon and the wake is so pretty. 
you can order what you want. They will keep you supplied withOJ and champagne! It is nice with breakfast too!

3 hours ago, Gilly said:

Carolyn, we have those same cups at home and I will admit to being far less skilled at remembering my left handed friends than Regent staff are!  Definitely one of those things where you only notice the design is far from inclusive when it's too late 😉

The first night was.interesting and I almost spilled the tea serval times…. Kept forgetting. But it is a pretty cup.

Carolyn

Edited by cwn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cwn said:

Thanks for the kind comments. My thing is taking pictures on our trips and making a book when we get home. Dick and I have traveled together separately for almost 60 years. The photographs have settled lots of arguments over the years😂.

Yes they brought bourbon and rum with our requested mixers the first day. In this kind of weather… almost hot 80’s and a little humid we like mojitos and pina collates with a cheese tray to snack on. The balcony is in the shade late afternoon and the wake is so pretty. 
you can order what you want. They will keep you supplied withOJ and champagne! It is nice with breakfast too!

We do the same. Take loads of photos, put them into a book then relive the holiday later. And I know what you mean about the arguments! Even down to how long a particular shirt has been owned, ha ha. 🤭 

Great news about the in cabin drinks.

Enjoy your wake view, we love those “sunset” cabins, sadly not having it this time!

21 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

I would like champagne available for a sundowner.

We always keep a bottle of champagne in the fridge. We bring along our own champagne stopper so we can easily just have a glass and the it doesn't go flat before we have the next glass. I love to have a glass while i unpack and then when i have to re-pack.  One is a welcome to a great trip and the other for drowning my sorrows from having to leave. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

We always keep a bottle of champagne in the fridge. We bring along our own champagne stopper so we can easily just have a glass and the it doesn't go flat before we have the next glass. I love to have a glass while i unpack and then when i have to re-pack.  One is a welcome to a great trip and the other for drowning my sorrows from having to leave. 

In our experience - All suites have a Champagne stopper - no need to bring your own.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

In our experience - All suites have a Champagne stopper - no need to bring your own.

I was hoping there would be one waiting for us. 
thanks for that insider info, Kwaj girl.

1982CruzStart, I prefer to wait till I have unpacked before I have my first glass, I would put things all over the place if I was under the influence! But a glass during the re pack is a must!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kristal Blade said:

I was hoping there would be one waiting for us. 
thanks for that insider info, Kwaj girl.

1982CruzStart, I prefer to wait till I have unpacked before I have my first glass, I would put things all over the place if I was under the influence! But a glass during the re pack is a must!

There will be a bottle of Monopole Blue Top on ice, waiting for you when you first enter your suite. 

• Like 2

I just finished the online final review and I need something stronger than champagne, fortunately we have a bottle of bourbon in the room for just such emergencies

That was a beating! The daily report will have to wait until in the morning. My fingers are tired. The only good thing about it is we still have tomorrow plus seven days 7.😁 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Thanks for correcting my info. We generally carry one along with a cork screw and wine stopper when we travel for those places that don't provide them so i didn't remember that Regent provided it. 

Where did I leave off…we docked in St John’s Antigua on Dec 10. We have been there before and that time went to the Dockyards and did a short drive around the island. I knew we would be tired of touring with so many ports in a row, so just planned to explore in town. We were only in port a half day anyway.

This is one of the Islands that you dock right down town and walk off into the tourist harbor and shopping. It was nice to just stroll. We will be back on the Navigator later so there was no pressure.

We did our now usual morning routine and headed off the ship about 11. Walked down the main shopping street and thought we would sit and people watch at an open air cafe and have something to drink. Well, a coke is not worth $15 US, so we kept walking! I wanted to shop a little so Dick went back to the ship and hoped for the best.

I found a local made small purse that wasn’t $150 in a little hole in the wall shop so I was happy and head back about 1. We set sail at 2 and that made for a nice lunch on the balcony, Later we walked up to Chartreuse and got a table for 2 right away. Again I had asked earlier for a table at the reservation desk and was told there was nothing and was put on the wait list but was never called.

We have now tired several things on Chartreuse’s menu, all were good but the lamb is our favorite. It is also the most relaxing of the restaurants, the other three that we have tired are very noisy. We have our one reservation at Prime 7 tonight so we will see how that goes Though we ate lunch where one day.

After a night rocking and rolling Yesterday was Sunday at Sea. We did have the famous Splendor and Explorer Sunday Brunch. I hate to say this, but it was just OK, nothing really special. We much prefer the Special Galley Lunches they use to have on the Other three ships. That WAS a spread. I guess we will see if they still do the Galley Lunch as we will board the Navigator for the Holidays.

The schedule was packed full yesterday and it wasn’t possible to do everything.

We had the Culinary Kitchen class, New World Mediterranean. The class is long and I had trouble standing as you can’t use a stool near the counters (I do at home). We made a wonderful drink to get us started, a Roasted Pineapple Sparkler, then White Beam Hummus with Garlic toast so we could still cook! She demonstrated preparing Tortola de Patatas, a potato and egg dish which we sampled with aioli. We mixed up a ChocolateLava Cake next. While it was baking we made roasted Ratatouike and ate it with fried polenta and crisp Rose wine! Wow it was fun and a fabulous meal. It was after 6 when we left. The we stopped by the Ibservation Lounge, listened to the good paint player/singer and watched some couple dance until his set was over. By then the sea was really moving and we retired to our suite. Caught the stewardess off guard and she rush around to get things ready for us as we were in a food coma!

• Like 1

Looks like it is going to be a nice day for a cruise out of Miami 😎

72E684E0-4762-4028-9CC3-D6CBE83E1F5B.thumb.jpeg.1ceb6a304b3d8039221267b72e35325e.jpeg

View from our Miami airport hotel window when we woke up this morning; very different from the snow & ice leaving home early yesterday morning.

We will be joining you on Splendor later today. So looking forward to our 23 night B2B 😀

• Like 4

17 hours ago, cwn said:

We had the Culinary Kitchen class, New World Mediterranean. The class is long and I had trouble standing as you can’t use a stool near the counters (I do at home). 

Could you clarify this for me, if you could? You mean that the stools can't be pulled close enough to the counters to use while you're doing prep? But you could sit to take a rest? Thanks for your reports!

50 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Could you clarify this for me, if you could? You mean that the stools can't be pulled close enough to the counters to use while you're doing prep? But you could sit to take a rest? Thanks for your reports!

That is it in a nutshell. The chef had everyone gather around her for the prep lessson on each item then we went back to our stations. The stools are lined up along the windows in the back. There is an overhead TV set so I could see the screen and watched from the stool. One other person did also. Not ideal but doable and I enjoyed the class. Dick and work side by side and he enjoyed the class also. We both like to cook and learned some tricks.

Here are pictures of the class room my station and the first two items.CBA3B86E-F21B-4A57-8CCD-A85FEC069A63.thumb.jpeg.33e85815d3df03bcc98f575bc163032b.jpegCA9A1748-4C67-4873-9D73-50A8591745A7.thumb.jpeg.f8fe21460e475dc228bf12ab29663bbb.jpegC47D26A3-32F9-474B-A68D-3136F1D1A69A.thumb.jpeg.43acddc04dd64eaee45d8a0985d57b55.jpegC8785C65-93A1-4CEC-AD5F-801408CAFE30.thumb.jpeg.e49fbaa28a01598729d682aeb25cd9a5.jpeg

• Like 1