Specialty Dining - Booked up?

Islander500

2 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

I have dining reservations for March 2024 booked...

How is it possible for some to be making bookings for 2024 while others can't access the system for cruises that are in 2023?
I just don't get it?

The point here is Celebrity knows they’ve created a monster, especially with Eden on the Edge class ships. They admitted that to me onboard Beyond. When I asked why they allowed any passenger to make multiple bookings at a restaurant that is grossly unable to meet demand, all I got was a deep sigh and “I don't know why we allow that.” Celebrity needs to advise passengers booking less than 6 months in advance that some speciality restaurants will likely not be available, unless you’re booking a suite. We were deeply disappointed and felt lied to before our cruise about booking onboard.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You need to look at Maitre d's the way @Pinboy looks at Maitre d's.

LOL--You mean the way Pinboy was " taught " to look at Maitre'd's and was "informed" by Maitre'd's that $$(US) are "loved" much more than fruit cakes or key chains.

So, what's a few extra $$ in the scheme of things?

It's all a part of doing business.

C'est la vie 

Guest 4-2-N-8

Right when I think I've escaped griping, this site pulls me back in (just like in that scene from The Godfather: Part III)!🕴️

If they (whoever "they" is or are) expect me to tip my hard earned nickels to get a seat in this (Celebrity Beyond) joint, I'm going to stage an "Occupy [restaurant location of that evening]" sit-in, a la "Occupy Wall Street."

Now, apparently, I need to pack my cardboard boxes (to use as canvas in crafting my artful protest signs each evening) plus my 952 colorful pens (I'm an artiste, don't you know). I hope they won't notice me boarding with 9 suitcases, 8 of which will be stuffed to the gills with my art supplies.

So, if you see someone camped out in front of Eden, or Fine Cut, or even Le Grande Perfectamundo Voyage, it just might be yours truly. Stop by and say "Hi" or drop me some bread crumbs (I'm sure I'll be hungry due to my protesting. I mean criticizing).

All I want is a chair, a napkin, a glass of water, and a sandwich, Celebrity. Ok, and some Grey Poupon! 🍽️

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Hmmm.  This is a bit disappointing since I mostly dine in the specialty restaurants ...

Edit...  I checked.  My upcoming cruise says check back later.

One would think that if there is availability that they would want to take my money now.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 6:08 PM, Islander500 said:

Hi all, 

We recently booked a regular verandah stateroom for a January Equinox cruise with the intention of doing specialty dining 3 evenings during the 10 day cruise. So we found on the app that Murano is shows as completely booked all 10 nights.  Tuscan Grill has a few openings but not many.  
We have cruised on Celebrity many, many times (Elite Plus) and have never experienced that. Is that pretty typical these days? Just curious if they hold any openings for people to reserve after boarding?  In the past, we’ve always been able to book on-board.  

We just did Equinox in September and didn't purchase the UDP prior to our sailing.  Once onboard we opted to get it and dined in Maurano's on 3 seperate nights; at our requested time to boot.   

11 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

Having never booked a dining package before, this thread is making me nervous. I thought I would splurge and I booked a 4 night specialty dining package on the Equinox on Nov. 2023. Am I even going to be able to use it, or is it money I am throwing away?

That’s a very good point.  Can anyone share their experience buying a dining package for 3 or more nights and not being able to book specialty restaurants on board?  Can you get a refund?  

Guest 4-2-N-8
5 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

That’s a very good point.  Can anyone share their experience buying a dining package for 3 or more nights and not being able to book specialty restaurants on board?  Can you get a refund?  

Just in case, I'm bringing my portable grill (Don't worry. I'm staying in a stateroom with a real balcony) and an ice chest full of lobster tails and pb&j sandwiches.

No "specialty dining" exclusions for me. I'll be dining al fresco every night on my own private Idaho (balcony).🦞

27 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Just in case, I'm bringing my portable grill (Don't worry. I'm staying in a stateroom with a real balcony) and an ice chest full of lobster tails and pb&j sandwiches.

No "specialty dining" exclusions for me. I'll be dining al fresco every night on my own private Idaho (balcony).🦞

Charcoal or gas ?

Tom

Guest 4-2-N-8
24 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Charcoal or gas ?

Tom

Charcoal, of course. I'm old skool. I don't subscribe to that green agenda mumbo jumbo.

We're the human race. We're the best thing to ever happen to this planet (and moon)! We know everything and do it right every time! Heck, we've existed for at least 6,000 years and nothing has ever gone wrong.

And I know your next question...

How will I possibly keep the coals burning and the embers from flying with high winds while underway? Lighter fluid, and plenty of it! As for any flying embers, that stuff is never a problem. Fake news!

And don't worry about any ash once I'm done, I won't dump anything overboard (or down the toilet) until I'm certain that it's all burned out. Safety first! 🎱

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

I would think they'd know the number of 'packages' booked online and factor them into their reservation count for each spec. restaurant.  JMO.

I'm on Beyond in January and was able to book Eden twice and Le Voyage twice. Not sure if I'll keep all four reservations but I knew if I waited or tried to book a multi-night package, I would be shut out. The Cruise Planner is showing no availability in either restaurant now.

I’ve kept checking for our Equinox 2023 cruise and twice this week I’ve managed to get bookings at Murano and Tuscan Grill for my sons and their wives for 6pm and 630pm. 

Booked one after midnight and one at 6am. 
Unable to book a table  for more than 2 people though. Keep trying. Maybe they release times intermittently. 

22 hours ago, Islander500 said:

Highly unlikely you would be without the ability to book something, but you might find you are left with Sushi or Le Petit Chef, rather than Murano or Tuscan, for example...

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll resist the temptation to save a few $'s, if it means I lose all control !

That's why we never use the dining packages, prefer to book in advance to get the times and venues on the days that we want.

Can always add more if there are deals once you board...

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bourbon77 said:

The point here is Celebrity knows they’ve created a monster, especially with Eden on the Edge class ships. They admitted that to me onboard Beyond. When I asked why they allowed any passenger to make multiple bookings at a restaurant that is grossly unable to meet demand, all I got was a deep sigh and “I don't know why we allow that.” Celebrity needs to advise passengers booking less than 6 months in advance that some speciality restaurants will likely not be available, unless you’re booking a suite. We were deeply disappointed and felt lied to before our cruise about booking onboard.

I'm confused--when making multiple reservations in advance wouldn't the customer need to pay in full for each reservation?  If they are willing to do that, I don't see what the issue is.

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience whether the recent high demand/lack of supply of specialty dining is affecting the ability of passengers in upper suites in booking unlimited specialty dining at prime times in the specialty dining restaurants?

We've never had an issue in the past getting a spot at any restaurant at any time we asked for, even last minute.

Edited by CalTexCruiser

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

That's why we never use the dining packages, prefer to book in advance to get the times and venues on the days that we want.

Can always add more if there are deals once you board...

Exactly, on Edge ships (especially during holidays) better to pay Alacarte and have the time and evening of your choice 

43 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Anyone have any experience whether the recent high demand/lack of supply of specialty dining is affecting the ability of passengers in upper suites in booking unlimited specialty dining at prime times in the specialty dining restaurants?

We've never had an issue in the past getting a spot at any restaurant at any time we asked for, even last minute.

On the Reflection recently, over two weeks time, we had every night booked prior to the sailing through the shoreside concierge. We were able to get all our times, but swapped a couple of nights once onboard and had to kick one out 30 minutes from our requested time.

Tom

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I'm confused--when making multiple reservations in advance wouldn't the customer need to pay in full for each reservation?  If they are willing to do that, I don't see what the issue is.

That's exactly what I did, I booked and PAID FOR two nights in Eden and two nights in Le Voyage ahead of time. Celebrity has had my money for months so I don't feel bad if others lose out when they wait until the last minute then expect to book the prime time spots in the hottest restaurants.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

That's exactly what I did, I booked and PAID FOR two nights in Eden and two nights in Le Voyage ahead of time. Celebrity has had my money for months so I don't feel bad if others lose out when they wait until the last minute then expect to book the prime time spots in the hottest restaurants.

I'm actually surprised that so many have been able to book the desired time and SD preferred choice, once on board. In the past I've always either pre booked or was forced to let it go. Many times I tried to get a table on embarkation day once on the ship and I have never been able to. Was always told "Sorry but nothing is available" no matter how many tables I saw empty on any given night that I passed by. This was Pre Shut Down. 

Not suggesting any one is lying, just hasn't ever worked that way for me which is why in my earlier posts, I expressed that I preplanned. From my experience with previous sailings and the reviews here on CC, I suspected with Eden and Le Voyage I would have to be very pro active. 

I strongly suspect that Celebrity doesn't see any problem with their Specialty Dining Venues being sold out regardless of who the purchasers are. Their top priority is the moola! I am sure they don't care if it's all from just you and I or from a combination of 100 others! 

Enjoy your dinners, 
Patty 

Edited by cw2go