Just back from a TA on the Marina, Bcn to Mia.

jonthomas

10 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I will have this fixed if you post correct info

Jancruz1

Thank you so much Jan! Our TA has asked us to leave it with her. Apparently it is only a glitch in what we see on our end - the actual information is correct when our information is accessed.. We get the perks and get invited to the right 🎈 🎉 parties.. 

On 12/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, susiesan said:

I'll let you know, the last 2 days of this sailing are sea days. 

One of the problems with free wifi is people log on, check their email or a few things, and don't log off. They stay connected all day. When you get limited time you will log off and on so as to not waste your minutes. 

On the just completed Marina TA any wifi connection was terminated minutes following the last activity.  This required repeated logons which became very intrusive and frustrating.

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

On the just completed Marina TA any wifi connection was terminated minutes following the last activity.  This required repeated logons which became very intrusive and frustrating.

Which is exactly how it should be for periods of inactivity when sharing limited bandwidth with others. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Which is exactly how it should be for periods of inactivity when sharing limited bandwidth with others. 

Yes, not signing off when you are done is first cousin to trying to "reserve" a lounge chair by putting your belongings on it and then disappearing for hours.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Are you aware that you can bookmark the logon button to your home screen (at least on an iPhone)?

21 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Robert James,

your problem with Oceania Club..

I will have this fixed if you post correct info

Jancruz1

Jan, I know this is a different subject,  but do you have any idea when Marina will get a refurb?   Been a lot of talk on these boards how much in need she needs it.   Thanks for any help you can give us as we want to book ahead for 2024.   Richard

the ship itself is not bad...

but the staterooms definitely need to be updated....

very dated, some areas worn...we were in a mid ship balcony....

the bathrooms, need redoing...the tub is worthless with a tap that faces the opposite way...the shower in the bath tub very hard to use....

as for the other shower, I thought it was the water pressure but it was just an old shower head that needs replacing...

unfortunately we have another cruise in Nov 2023 on Marina and now will not be updated....

9 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I'm on Marina now and I think she looks great. I have seen no shabby or worn areas and don't know why people think the ship needs a big update. But I don't pay much attention to carpet and upholstery colors when I cruise. 

Thanks for your comments..  Nice to hear that not everyone feels that the ship looks so bad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Thanks for your comments..  Nice to hear that not everyone feels that the ship looks so bad. 

I don’t think she looked bad when I was on her, but the difference between her and Sirena which I had been on 10 days before was a stark difference. 

On 12/13/2022 at 10:32 AM, shepherd really said:

Yes, not signing off when you are done is first cousin to trying to "reserve" a lounge chair by putting your belongings on it and then disappearing for hours.  

Thanks for the advice.  The actual time "away" was in seconds to minutes, not hours.  FYI - its not easy to finger-type on an iPad or other small mobile device, especially when the connection is "dropped."  Were there lounge chair hogs on Marina's last TA?  Didn't notice...

you are right it does NOT look bad, the ship that is....but the balcony cabins, especially the bathrooms?....

dont know about the penthouses and suites...can only comment on the regular balconies.....maybe the penthouses have had the bathrooms updated.....

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I'm in an outside cabin  and my bathroom is fine. Plenty big, lots of storage, everything works. I only use the tub for the clothesline to dry my swimsuit. 

When I was on the Riviera, I found the shower too small (I am a very big guy).  So it was nice to have the bathtub so that I could use that shower.

Just off the Marina after 2 weeks in the Caribbean. The carpets and furniture looked in great shape. We were on deck 9. The food in the specialty restaurants was excellent. A little disappointed in some of the choices in the Main Dining Room and on 12. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The worst part was the very long lines to board and disembark the ship.  The wifi needs a lot of help and the electrical outlets need updating.  Entertainment: A couple of the singers need to be replaced. The best was the lead singer in the Sync Band. Dancers were good. Could have had more variety of activities in the afternoons and on sea days. Every day was pretty much the same. We are scheduled on Marina in April for a 21 day transatlantic, so I hope to see some improvement.

11 minutes ago, gotravel said:

Entertainment: A couple of the singers need to be replaced. The best was the lead singer in the Sync Band. Dancers were good. Could have had more variety of activities in the afternoons and on sea days. Every day was pretty much the same. We are scheduled on Marina in April for a 21 day transatlantic, so I hope to see some improvement.

Entertainment  teams  will change  every few month but the shows are pretty much the  same

daily  activities  same thing

On 12/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, ToxM said:

Sadly people fail to log off and so the bandwidth is continually constrained. It was no big deal to log back on. This is not your home and you should not expect the same level of service for wifi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kibutzer said:

Sadly people fail to log off and so the bandwidth is continually constrained. It was no big deal to log back on. This is not your home and you should not expect the same level of service for wifi.

I think you hit the nail on the head. We are constantly surrounded by high speed internet everywhere we go, home, businesses, hotels, restaurants, stores, etc. The satellite internet that is on Oceania is at best along the lines of the old Dial up modem speeds, if that. Yes, I know that RCL is updating to Starlink, and from reports seems to be a much better service, but Oceania doesn't have that. For us it's an acceptable drawback. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, RJB said:

Jan, I know this is a different subject,  but do you have any idea when Marina will get a refurb?   Been a lot of talk on these boards how much in need she needs it.   Thanks for any help you can give us as we want to book ahead for 2024.   Richard

Richard,

I have not tried to ask anything since the disaster in the office last Friday..i will check with FDR next week..

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

At the prices charged by Oceania, decent internet should be a given.  Many of us need it to keep in contact with our families at home.  

Maybe it should be, but it's not. Knowing that information we all have to make a choice whether to cruise with them or not. They have made no efforts to really improve it and as far as I've seen have no plans to in the near future. We all have different needs, for me I might go weeks without talking to people in my family. But no children, no grandchildren. 

• Like 2