Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

Got our first choice of cabin so happy bunnies here.

Now looking at the next trip to book before the prices go up.

While we did get a Q4 on the port side, we didn’t get any of the ones I nominated. This doesn’t make much difference, but I do usually get the first choice. Does this mean there is a lot of interest?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

While we did get a Q4 on the port side, we didn’t get any of the ones I nominated. This doesn’t make much difference, but I do usually get the first choice. Does this mean there is a lot of interest?

The term I heard was 'It'll be a bunfight''!

I think that's slang for ''gosh, I think there will be a lot of interest''!😀

Booked for October 2024 [M432B] and got the midships sheltered balcony room we wanted.

I checked the personalizer, and noticed that our 'world club' status was not shown - the WC numbers are shown on the $UNNAMED_TRAVEL_AGENCY confirmation, so they should have been provided to Cunard along with the passport and other information.

Edited by TheOldBear

Much to our surprise, we have managed to book our first Cunard cruise today (Queen Anne 2024) a day before we thought would be possible, given that we are first timers so not high loyalty tier. Our first choice cabin and deposit paid within an hour of booking opening. I have started a thread with a newbie question on Britannia Club dining which I hope that some of you seasoned Cunarders can help me with please!

• Like 2

Tried & tried to book a QG on QM2 for Dec. 2024, but it kept rejecting my World Club # every time I entered it (...and I was entering it directly from my card!).  I gave up, but was pleasantly surprised when our Cruise Planner called me to tell me he had already reserved a room for us about an hour earlier.  Got exactly what we wanted.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Booked for October 2024 [M432B] and got the midships sheltered balcony room we wanted.

I checked the personalizer, and noticed that our 'world club' status was not shown - the WC numbers are shown on the $UNNAMED_TRAVEL_AGENCY confirmation, so they should have been provided to Cunard along with the passport and other information.

It looks like for online booking the primary passenger has the Cunard World Club details listed but not other passengers - but when the confirmation email arrives the world club status of all passengers is there in the attached .pdf conformation file, provided the world club membership number was added during the booking process.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I hope you got what you wanted 

Got through on the phone after forty minutes waiting, during the first hour bookings were open.  Took the last available KC on the westbound TA and left just one for some later customer on the eastbound.  We have to wait until Thursday or Friday to find out whether our kennel requests can be met or whether the waitlist beckons....

Edited by IB2

Yes, booked the 7 nighter Atlantic Coast and Iberia in October ‘24 (half term!) and the final two nighter to Hamburg in Jan ‘25, both on QA. Given the newness of the ship, the potential attractiveness of both itineraries, and the fact I couldn’t get to the computer to log on until 1:30, I really expected disappointment.

There was no problem in either case, which did surprise me; but I’m not complaining! I was able to select from a huge range of cabins on the deck plan selector, so I got what I wanted (although my requirements weren’t that specific).

The first booking will be my first 7-night cruise; and my first since hitting Platinum. Maybe by then the cocktail parties will have resumed? I won’t hold my breath!

Edited by Jonem2001
  • Like 1

I was delighted and relieved to get through on the phone and book QA for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in June 2024.  There had been a problem with my credit card authorisation  meaning that I couldn't book on line - cue  intense frustration and a feeling that I would miss out.  But the woman on the phone at Cunard was extremely helpful and patient (especially considering the volume of calls they must have had today) and it worked out. My cruise will be shortly after QA's  delayed maiden voyage and  everything will still be very new.  Something to look forward to.

• Like 1

We booked (H417) Queen Anne to British Isles and Iceland

Primarily booked for Iceland part.

Thought we would try one of those funny “alternative configuration” obstructed balcony cabins and did 4059

Having just returned from Iberia in PG I was wanting that but my partner was having none of it.

Tis true once you try the Grills its hard not to go back there!

Irritatingly my partners FCC showed on the booking page then disappeared and we were charged more. So need to call up and rectify that now.

Their IT really is woeful 

Figured we would try the new ship with an open mind and see what its like.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Yes booked 15th Dec Northern Europe on QA . We also booked one of the odd configuration obstructed view balcony cabins on Deck 4.

Will be interesting to see what they are like.

Yeah guess these cabins will either be dreadful or quirky and nice!

shame they don't provide an artists impression of those

balconies look larger but of course the deck plan may not be realistically to scale

I forgot to ask when I booked QA today whether any complimentary OBC is being applied for any of her 2024 voyages. My booking confirmation doesn’t show any, which it would normally, so just wanted to check other guests experience. I booked a 4 day voyage in Q4, and have previously always had some OBC on the other ships. regardless of length of voyage. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

There was a choice of some OBS, or coach travel to the ship, and one other option I think. The default was some OBS. The email confirmations were taking time to come in, but then there are often delays on launch day.

Car parking, I think.

We booked QM2 to the Norwegian Fjords in June 2024.  We took our first ever cruise on QV in November this year and were very keen to try QM2 this time. I fear this might be the start of an expensive habit! 

Edited by KJBL
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, 8611202 said:

I forgot to ask when I booked QA today whether any complimentary OBC is being applied for any of her 2024 voyages. My booking confirmation doesn’t show any, which it would normally, so just wanted to check other guests experience. I booked a 4 day voyage in Q4, and have previously always had some OBC on the other ships. regardless of length of voyage. Thanks. 

OBC, free parking or coach travel.