Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

2 hours ago, darzo509 said:

Thanks so much for posting.

I WAS really excited about the new ship but after viewing the video I have to say I'm disappointed about the cabins. They all look pretty small (including the suite) and the chairs on the balcony look very uncomfortable.

I'm trying very hard to reserve judgement until we hear back from the first passengers, though.

• Like 1

We were booked in a reserve cabana mini suite on deck 9 but not on the sun deck. We were way far forward and concerned about how far we were from activities. After seeing that picture , we decided that location was more important than the cabana. To us, it just looked like another room behind the balcony. Could not see spending much time there if any since there is a sitting area in the mini suite.  We would sit on the balcony, close to the ocean most often  So we moved to a reserve mini suite on deck 15   It can be very confusing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

We were booked in a reserve cabana mini suite on deck 9 but not on the sun deck. We were way far forward and concerned about how far we were from activities. After seeing that picture , we decided that location was more important than the cabana. To us, it just looked like another room behind the balcony. Could not see spending much time there if any since there is a sitting area in the mini suite.  We would sit on the balcony, close to the ocean most often  So we moved to a reserve mini suite on deck 15   It can be very confusing 

After we looked at the rooms more, decided to keep the balcony we have with the larger balcony since we will spend more time out there than in the cabana area. We didn’t change our room. So I agree with you. 

4 hours ago, darzo509 said:

I think this is the first time we have seen the curvature of those balconies on the Spheres - so weird! I think they are deeper at the bottom but not sure how they will be separated

image.thumb.png.e8335061f535df3839e31f1bdfce8ae9.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m in 17636 starting April 8th. If no one has reported the “aft view” by then, I will let y’all know. 

I’ve said it before but they absolutely wasted all the aft views from cabins on this ship!

We are in 17636 but not until May 2025. I was hoping it would be a good choice (booked the day it opened!) but had no idea. So far it seems even better than I hoped!

12 hours ago, dides said:

I think this is the first time we have seen the curvature of those balconies on the Spheres - so weird! I think they are deeper at the bottom but not sure how they will be separated

image.thumb.png.e8335061f535df3839e31f1bdfce8ae9.png

Wow, that´s my balcony next October, thanks.

Am I even interested in the itinerary that I booked?

On 12/9/2023 at 9:46 PM, snoozecrooze said:

Me thinks those balcony chairs are going to be a huge talking point. At least the balcony seems nicely proportioned, though.

The same consternation was caused with the Celebrity Edge balcony furniture back in 2018.  I liked them and the new ones on Sun are no less appealing to me.

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

The same consternation was caused with the Celebrity Edge balcony furniture back in 2018.  I liked them and the new ones on Sun are no less appealing to me.

Exactly what I was thinking of when I made the comment. It will have its lovers and haters, for sure.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I was just able to book Love for our November cruise! It shows that it is free for suites! SWEET! ❤️

IMG_4769.jpeg

Wants to charge me full amount. I am booked in a Signature Suite Oct 14/24. Are you sure you aren’t charged?

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Wants to charge me full amount. I am booked in a Signature Suite Oct 14/24. Are you sure you aren’t charged?

I was not charged. I wonder if it is because I upgraded to Premium Package? 🤷‍♀️

IMG_4771.png

Edited by HBCcruiser

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If you look at the pic it shows dining credit applied. 

IMG_4769.jpeg

Mine did not. I have my credit card in there, no dining credit. So it must be your package. Good deal for you. I can’t find anywhere it says free for suites. However my cruise is 5 nights.  When I was in a suite on Discovery 4 nights I did get a dining credit. 

i looked at menu and it is too much food for me.  Enjoy!

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dog said:

Mine did not. I have my credit card in there, no dining credit. So it must be your package. Good deal for you. I can’t find anywhere it says free for suites.

i looked at menu and it is too much food for me.  Enjoy!

Good info for pax to know - Suites do NOT get Love comped like 360. The Premium package includes it. 

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Good info for pax to know - Suites do NOT get Love comped like 360. The Premium package includes it. 

Looks like Suites Do get credit  ONLY for first night.

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

Ahhh more info to add. Good to know! Funny how we Pax have to figure all of this out via trial and error instead of Princess just notifying us. 😂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I was not charged. I wonder if it is because I upgraded to Premium Package? 🤷‍♀️

IMG_4771.png

6 minutes ago, dog said:

BUT

you have booked for 3 rd night?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ahhh more info to add. Good to know! Funny how we Pax have to figure all of this out via trial and error instead of Princess just notifying us. 😂

I don’t think we’ve figured it out yet!

• Haha 1