Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

It's all getting very exciting - we have booked the inaugural 19 days B2B in a Penthouse Suite for the Star Princess the following August, so this will be a huge teaser of what is to come and how (if any) different it will be. I await all the reviews as much as anyone!!

Have fun everyone, and happy sailing on the amazing new ship.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2024 at 3:56 PM, DHP1 said:

I got to much invested in Princess Cruise Line for me to try another cruise line.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  Just got to get used to the new design which I currently don't like so much.  

I understand exactly what you are saying. We are avid aft balcony fans and of course this does not exist. And we book those aft balconies only with the large balconies... they are heavenly.

The all beige cabins could use some accent colors like the Sky has.

It will be exciting wen the reviews and reports begin.

• Like 1

This is what happened when Princess tried to save money, by replacing the captain and bridge crew of the Sun Princess, with their new "Autonomous Piloting System", which was developed by the same team currently designing the new Princess App. 😉

image.thumb.png.6548810f58574f7aa6f29bb369c22968.png

• Haha 15

5 hours ago, nini said:

I am curious; for those of you who love those large balcony aft cabins, what will you be booking on the Sun? 

I used it as an opportunity to book a reserve mini for one cruise to try the new dining room and a suite for another cruise to try those amenities.

I'm only hoping that both of those balconies are at least covered as the Future Cruise Consultant on our last cruise who booked those cabins for me assured me. 

Hi Nini. 

We are also avid Aft large balcony Vista Suite lovers. It is always so wonderful to have one of those large balconies overlooking the wake. Ultimate relaxation.  For the Sun Inaugural, we booked the Penthouse Suite on Aft deck 17 on the starboard side. 

Christine 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary Kelly said:

Hi Nini. 

We are also avid Aft large balcony Vista Suite lovers. It is always so wonderful to have one of those large balconies overlooking the wake. Ultimate relaxation.  For the Sun Inaugural, we booked the Penthouse Suite on Aft deck 17 on the starboard side. 

Christine 

I’m on the port side, same cabin. When do you sail?

If you look closely, you will notice deck 10 Deluxe Balcony (mid ship) also have larger balconies. 
I always enjoy looking straight down from the balcony and watch the flying fish. Now on the Sun I get to see what others are doing when I look down  🙁

Edited by DHP1

12 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m on the port side, same cabin. When do you sail?

When we were on Regal Princess, Trans-Atlantic, my wife and I would eat an early breakfast then go up to deck 16 or 17 and sit in the rear, at times for several hours.  Very relaxing. 

24 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

If you look closely, you will notice deck 10 Deluxe Balcony (mid ship) also have larger balconies. 
I always enjoy looking straight down from the balcony and watch the flying fish. Now on the Sun I get to see what others are doing when I look down  🙁

Why do you say that?

I've looked at the pictures of the ship and it looks like the majority of balconies will be able to look straight down at the sea as usual.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

This is what happened when Princess tried to save money, by replacing the captain and bridge crew of the Sun Princess, with their new "Autonomous Piloting System", which was developed by the same team currently designing the new Princess App. 😉

image.thumb.png.6548810f58574f7aa6f29bb369c22968.png

Actually this looks like a “passenger overboard” incident 😉

No,  like most all ships now,  the Sun is wider on the lowest decks, with extended balconies and those cabana balconies on the lowest deck(s).  So, no straight-down view.  Many of these on deck 10 will overlook either the cabana deck, or the totally UN-covered cabana mini-suite balconies just below.

I really wanted one of those larger/deeper balconies on deck 10...  But I can not find one with the bed by the balcony..  so after seeing recent videos of how the cabins actually are, we moved to a higher deck.  

Darned Princess and their super-controlling 'control' of who books which cabins!!!!

If I wanted a Deluxe Balcony for the two of us on our next Royal Class cruise, we would have to book our adult son, or anybody, with us, and then cancel the third guest.   Princess and their IT and their policies can be just nuts!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mary Kelly said:

We sail February 8th, 2024. How about you? 

Not until April. Will be very excited to see your pics and thoughts. It’s the only deck that has an aft view for that last cabin. Will be interested in any noise from above too.  Let us know!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Why do you say that?

I've looked at the pictures of the ship and it looks like the majority of balconies will be able to look straight down at the sea as usual.

You are looking into several other balconies, some awkward privacy issues for many cabins. It’s the same on the latest P&O design ships, I believe

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chamima said:

I used it as an opportunity to book a reserve mini for one cruise to try the new dining room and a suite for another cruise to try those amenities.

I'm only hoping that both of those balconies are at least covered as the Future Cruise Consultant on our last cruise who booked those cabins for me assured me. 

Hopefully, that consultant is correct. They would need to have the designs in front of them and I do not trust anyone at Princess who books people. I have received so much incorrect information.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mary Kelly said:

Hi Nini. 

Christine 

That sounds lovely! we have never had the opportunity to book an aft Vista Suite. That would be our favorite. We have booked corner aft regular deluxe balconies like on the Emerald and Golden. We love those, even without a loveseat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nini said:

That sounds lovely! we have never had the opportunity to book an aft Vista Suite. That would be our favorite. We have booked corner aft regular deluxe balconies like on the Emerald and Golden. We love those, even without a loveseat.

We just got off 32 days in C753.

The first day the cabin looked so small but by the middle of the cruise all we cared about was that beautiful covered, huge, quiet balcony!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

The first day the cabin looked so small but by the middle of the cruise all we cared about was that beautiful covered, huge, quiet balcony!!!!!

EXACTLY!!!

46 minutes ago, chamima said:

Yes. That is what we love about those staterooms and the balconies. 

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Why do you say that?

The subject is the Sun Princess. 
From the picture below, I only see a few balconies where you can look straight down at the sea. 
image.thumb.jpeg.10f350cde4a21166dd4328d3825d79d6.jpeg

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1