Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 minute ago, nini said:

Often (for example right now), Princess does offer 3rd and 4th persons are no charge.

Well during those promos, expect many families to book.  That is how I think NCL gets it mix of families up so high during the school breaks.  The lines are smart to do this, as the kids add more spend onboard for them.

9 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Would you be able to link the video? 🙂

I could swear it was on this thread. I found it! Here is one from YouTube: In the next post, I will link the other one that goes into more detail.

• Like 2

For the time being, I start to get more interested in all the "which extras to book when for whom and what" and that kind of stuff. I got 9 months to wait, but as a Princess first timer, I got some FOMO going on, tbh 😄

• Like 1

@Sox Fan Cruiser  While there are no water slides on the Sun Princess, there will be two "dry slides".  These dry slides start at "The Lookout" on deck 21 (see red arrows below) and deliver you back down to deck 19.  These are your grandparent's version of RCL's Ultimate Abyss. 😉

During the initial Zoom presentation by the Sales Department, a comment was made, that during the development phase of this area, that Princess' "elder executive leadership" had a lot of fun trying out the mock-up of these slides.

image.png.e6ea87ea71a87299febc1459b16a7b2e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

And that whole area looks really stupid. Great, little kids can run in then fountains for a little while or go down a slide. Yawn!  What is the point of “The Lookout”?

Apart from dropping your piña colada on the kids below, I don’t see much use for it either 

• Haha 6

On 1/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, dides said:

Some amazing close-ups from this latest sea trials video:

Well this is a relief…..unless I’m looking at the wrong deck, it looks like the C2 cabana minis will not have double height blue glass on the balcony. That would have been a disaster. 

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Well this is a relief…..unless I’m looking at the wrong deck, it looks like the C2 cabana minis will not have double height blue glass on the balcony. That would have been a disaster. 

Are you sure?  It looks like full height blue glass where I believe the C2s are located (forward of the Sphere) and highlighted in yellow in this grab...

image.thumb.png.3f4db792002bb62020d8b53b4d47bddd.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

It’s look like high glass to me. 

IMG_0498.png

IMG_0497.png

Edited by DHP1

15 minutes ago, dides said:

Are you sure?  It looks like full height blue glass where I believe the C2s are located (forward of the Sphere) and highlighted in yellow in this grab...

image.thumb.png.3f4db792002bb62020d8b53b4d47bddd.png

Hmmm I thought that was a public deck so I must have been looking one higher. Why would they do this, no one wants balcony glass over your head and especially blue! Totally ruining the view.

Edited by vjmatty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

It’s look like high glass to me. 

IMG_0498.png

IMG_0497.png

You notice they did away with balcony dividers unless they haven’t installed them yet. Picture was taken last month 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, dides said:

Some amazing close-ups from this latest sea trials video:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly and ungainly?  I'm sure it's great inside, and I realize all cruise ships today are boxy, but I miss the days when cruise ships looked like ... ships.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUSteve said:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly and ungainly?  I'm sure it's great inside, and I realize all cruise ships today are boxy, but I miss the days when cruise ships looked like ... ships.  

If I was under 50, I'd even say ship is ugly af. Thank God I am 52 and "not amused".

Still looks two universes better than Icon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

If I was under 50, I'd even say ship is ugly af. Thank God I am 52 and "not amused".

Still looks two universes better than Icon...

Yes, Sun just looks like a floating space ship. Icon looks like a Mousetrap game. 

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, vividharp said:

Since I don’t really see how the ship looks from the outside when I’m cruising, it doesn’t really bother me. As long as she’s nice on the inside! 

This is mostly true for myself as well. However, there is a bit of pride when my beautiful ship is docked next an ugly one as I embark, disembark or am simply taking photos of it from the port.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Seems it will have a small splash-pad...  but NO slides!

Correct. The lady in the first video I posted was INCORRECT! And that is the information from which I posted.

20 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser  While there are no water slides on the Sun Princess, there will be two "dry slides".  These dry slides start at "The Lookout" on deck 21 (see red arrows below) and deliver you back down to deck 19.  These are your grandparent's version of RCL's Ultimate Abyss. 😉

During the initial Zoom presentation by the Sales Department, a comment was made, that during the development phase of this area, that Princess' "elder executive leadership" had a lot of fun trying out the mock-up of these slides.

image.png.e6ea87ea71a87299febc1459b16a7b2e.png

This must be the reason why the Australian lady in the first video I posted, said waterslide. She was obviously mistaken. Dry slide, water slide..... same visual impact (personal reactions for each one of us).  Regardless, Park Zone fills a lot of real estate.