Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is much more than a full refund.  Just as example if you paid $10,000 for a cruise you get all that back plus $5,000 for a future cruise

Well of course you get a full refund.  No services were provided.  The future cruise credit is fine if you plan to cruise again. Worthless if you don’t.  Companies love giving credits as very often they go unused.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, eroller said:

Well of course you get a full refund.  No services were provided.  The future cruise credit is fine if you plan to cruise again. Worthless if you don’t.  Companies love giving credits as very often they go unused.  

If you are never going to cruise again the you are not what I would call a cruiser. I will bet a large amount of people who booked this cruise multiple times a year 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you are never going to cruise again the you are not what I would call a cruiser. I will bet a large amount of people who booked this cruise multiple times a year 

Or you may cruise again but not Princess.  The experience may have put you off them.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

The original poster never said they were a "cruiser."  Doesn't matter anyway - their point is still valid. I would bet money that if there are any first-time Princess cruisers booked on these sailings, they'll just dismiss Princess, not use the FCCs, and move on to another cruise line. I sure would!

As an Elite status passenger with Princess, if they end up canceling the 28th sailing, which I'm supposed to be on, I will NEVER cruise with Princess again.  I'm also booked for the Sun Princess on the October 19th Caribbean sailing and I will also cancel that booking.  This rollout has been a complete fiasco and I no longer trust Princess.  

Edited by timcahill98
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, timcahill98 said:

The original poster never said they were a "cruiser."  Doesn't matter anyway - their point is still valid. I would bet money that if there are any first-time Princess cruisers booked on these sailings, they'll just dismiss Princess, not use the FCCs, and move on to another cruise line. I sure would!

As an Elite status passenger with Princess, if they end up canceling the 28th sailing, which I'm supposed to be on, I will NEVER cruise with Princess again.  I'm also booked for the Sun Princess on the October 19th Caribbean sailing and I will also cancel that booking.  This rollout has been a complete fiasco and I no longer trust Princess.  

I would never book any cruise on the first month or so of a new ship. After cruising for over 30 years I have seen issues on multiple ships on multiple lines have issues on the first month or so of sailing. From plumbing and AC issues to things like carpet still being installed on initial sailing   There is nothing like the smell of sewage or the sound of hammering to really make for a great cruise

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Will anyone else admit that they might consider booking the first inaugural cruise, expecting to get a full refund plus the additional amounts offered when it gets cancelled....     Just thinking' out loud !!!

I confess … I did check for availability on the sailing.  It’s not even showing up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Will anyone else admit that they might consider booking the first inaugural cruise, expecting to get a full refund plus the additional amounts offered when it gets cancelled....     Just thinking' out loud !!!

Back in the day before computers were able to predict passenger loads and cancellations with surgical precision, airlines used to overbook flights far more frequently and offer free flights all the time. I used to intentionally book morning flights that I knew would be overbooked and volunteer for later flights in exchange for free tickets. I would accumulate 4 or 5 free flights a year. So yeah. I’ll bet people book inaugural cruises expecting to get favorable compensation. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Everyone is assuming that the diesel-in-the-water issue was just discovered, thus necessitating the cancelation of the 2/18 cruise.  It is entirely possible that the problem was identified quite a while ago and they have been working on it for several weeks (or much longer) and that is why the original inaugural cruise was canceled, but they hoped to have the situation fully remedied and cleared by now.  Maybe they just missed their estimate by a day or two, had to cancel the 2/18 cruise, but are fully confident that the situation is or will be remedied in time for the 2/28 cruise, so they took delivery knowing that the root problem was behind them.  Honestly, if they JUST discovered this diesel issue, they aren't going anywhere before April.

While this is true, I have to believe that people who booked one of these first two cruises paid undiscounted, "as high as they could mark them up" prices, so the 50% FCC will turn out to be MORE than 50% of whatever replacement cruise they book (assuming similar length of sailing).

My friends went from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite due to availability and ended up paying more. I think their replacement cruise was a little longer.

11 hours ago, eroller said:

Well this is the second cruise canceled.  It’s quite possible the same “technical” issue is responsible for canceling both cruises, in which case Princess has known about it for some time. 

Of course there is no way of knowing for sure, as Princess is being purposely vague.  A water contamination issue is likely something they would want to keep under wraps.  

If the original delay was due to water contamination, they would have debarked all crew living on board. Can't have people staying on board with bad water.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

If the original delay was due to water contamination, they would have debarked all crew living on board. Can't have people staying on board with bad water.

Based on what we have heard from our friends onboard, the diesel fuel in the water is total BS!  Fake news! 

As of a few days ago, the "Bell Box" (where Room Service preps all of their deliveries) was an empty space with wires hanging down from the ceiling.  And, several of the restaurant venues were not anywhere near ready for patrons.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

"If the original delay was due to water contamination, they would have debarked all crew living on board. Can't have people staying on board with bad water."

I recall JP-5 contamination in the water while on a 'cruise' on the Enterprise. They didn't let us debark.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Based on that rationale all the crew should have been disembarked recently for this second cancellation, yet I’ve read nothing of the sort.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Based on what we have heard from our friends onboard, the diesel fuel in the water is total BS!  Fake news! 

Deception?  From Princess Cruises?  NEVER!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

As of a few days ago, the "Bell Box" (where Room Service preps all of their deliveries) was an empty space with wires hanging down from the ceiling.  And, several of the restaurant venues were not anywhere near ready for patrons.

I wonder what the expectation amongst the crew is as for when they believe the ship may be ready 'enough' for the inaugural sailing?

They have to be asking many of the same questions we are. Especially considering they're there, they've been there, living amongst all the work and 'issues'.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

This by far is the most logical and believable explanation on this thread so far.

Those of you that demand full explanation and transparency from Princess is simply not going to get it no matter what threats you state.

I wish we would get the truth but, we should be aware of all the lies and deception we hear every day which has taken over the business strategy for the 21st century (very sad in my heart but see it every day).

PS: Lying by omission is still a lie!

Cheers

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

LNG is like a car crash at 100 mph but your seatbelt is made of bamboo, at least. Greenwashing at its best / worst.

I was just wondering if I will need conditioner and body lotion when the shower water is oily, anyway. How are they going to flush Diesel out of miles and miles of drinking water pipes within a few days? Hope that shoot is gone til October.

This mess made me click the Celebrity website again.

Edited by Nemanoxer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the Princess Instagram app there are lots of upset passengers. Some comments say that customer service is telling them the February 28th cruise will be canceled and all cruises through March . I hope this isn't true.

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

On the Princess Instagram app there are lots of upset passengers. Some comments say that customer service is telling them the February 28th cruise will be canceled and all cruises through March . I hope this isn't true.

I suppose they mean that the first cruise you can book is the one departing April 8th. All cruises on the Sun are fully booked until March 29th.

• Like 2