Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

9 hours ago, chamima said:

I'm only saying this to highlight that, yes, there are still some wonky things in the cabin designations of the Sun.

100%. I think the IT department is working on it, but it’s not really there yet.  Same with dinner reservations in the app.😄

3 minutes ago, Cdude said:

Just got an upgrade from ocean view to premium deluxe balcony for $215 pp on the 2nd sailing, 3/9. I was assigned a midship on deck 12.

So many cabin posts, was this a score? Do I get sig benefits?

Not Around Sticker by Columbia Records for iOS & Android | GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I didn’t want to complain as I’m trying to be optimistic about this new ship but the Signature lounge did look small compared to my imagined number of suite guests. The lounges on the Royal class ships are a joke. 

well don't let screen shots and the weather get ya down. Wait for actual reports, coming soon to a thread near you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I didn’t want to complain as I’m trying to be optimistic about this new ship but the Signature lounge did look small compared to my imagined number of suite guests. The lounges on the Royal class ships are a joke. 

Hard to say until there are people on the ship.  What is your imagined number of suite guests?  It looks like there are 80 suites on the ship. What do you think average occupancy is per suite?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

I am sure you will have a great time, @Hobby3333.  The Sphere class is totally new for all of us, even those of us who have been on Princess many times. 

Hi CatMom72

Getting around a new ship can be confusing!

To help myself with this, on most past cruises with Princess I've constructed a profile view of the ship, printed it out, and attached it to our cabin door with magnets. When leaving the cabin, we glance at the diagram and know immediately how to get to our destination.

The medallion app is nice, but this is faster.

Luckily, I stumbled across a cross section of the Sun Princess. No need to create one!

sunprincessprofile.thumb.jpg.8db79d97be31f9ec976fdf739954ec27.jpg

I fit the jpeg image to an Excel spreadsheet so it prints exactly on two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets. 

Sun Princess profile.xlsx

Then I tape the sheets together, fold, and put in my itinerary book.

Once in our cabin, I attach it to our cabin door like this:

profileprintoutexample.thumb.jpg.f3edb5719318d5338df14383bacd8a1e.jpg

Alas, this scheme will only work if you have a cabin on the starboard side...🙁

Hope this is helpful for your shipboard orientation.

image.gif.577180998aff1712eb8e86c33cd538b3.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, akamai guy said:

Alas, this scheme will only work if you have a cabin on the starboard side.

You sure about that?  It kinda depends on where you are standing or imagine where you are standing (viewing from).

Edited by d9704011

2 hours ago, Cdude said:

Just got an upgrade from ocean view to premium deluxe balcony for $215 pp on the 2nd sailing, 3/9. I was assigned a midship on deck 12.

So many cabin posts, was this a score? Do I get sig benefits?

That was the room that I just left. We upgraded from that to an S9 room for 315pp. Took are minimum bid and two days latedr was accepted, did not think it would happen . See you on the 9th.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, the crew was having a great time!

Sure love seeing the extremely hard working crew have so much fun before the guests get on board!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Hard to say until there are people on the ship.  What is your imagined number of suite guests?  It looks like there are 80 suites on the ship. What do you think average occupancy is per suite?

Exactly.  There is no way that can even hold half the people in suites. Or a quarter. 

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

You sure about that?  It kinda depends on where you are standing or imagine where you are standing (viewing from).

Sure am! We have a starboard-side cabin so when we leave the bow is to our right. If our cabin was on port-side, heading the right would take us aft.

I spent plenty of time being lost on the USS Blueridge!

32 minutes ago, akamai guy said:

Sure am! We have a starboard-side cabin so when we leave the bow is to our right. If our cabin was on port-side, heading the right would take us aft.

I spent plenty of time being lost on the USS Blueridge!

I guess you have a balcony or ocean view cabin then.  It would work dandy with a port side interior.

3 hours ago, akamai guy said:

Hi CatMom72

Getting around a new ship can be confusing!

To help myself with this, on most past cruises with Princess I've constructed a profile view of the ship, printed it out, and attached it to our cabin door with magnets. When leaving the cabin, we glance at the diagram and know immediately how to get to our destination.

The medallion app is nice, but this is faster.

Luckily, I stumbled across a cross section of the Sun Princess. No need to create one!

sunprincessprofile.thumb.jpg.8db79d97be31f9ec976fdf739954ec27.jpg

I fit the jpeg image to an Excel spreadsheet so it prints exactly on two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets. 

Sun Princess profile.xlsx 2.03 MB · 23 downloads

Then I tape the sheets together, fold, and put in my itinerary book.

Once in our cabin, I attach it to our cabin door like this:

profileprintoutexample.thumb.jpg.f3edb5719318d5338df14383bacd8a1e.jpg

Alas, this scheme will only work if you have a cabin on the starboard side...🙁

Hope this is helpful for your shipboard orientation.

image.gif.577180998aff1712eb8e86c33cd538b3.gif

Dang! I'm deck 15 port side.

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Sure love seeing the extremely hard working crew have so much fun before the guests get on board!

Not sure what this reel is about but they are having fun here too

• Like 4

8 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, the crew was having a great time!

They deserve to enjoy the fruits from their labor. I’m sure they’ve worked long hours to get the ship ready. Hope they get a little rest before the pax arrive. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dides said:

Another Dome reel but now showing to the day and night transformation

Wow! I'm so glad I booked a DB on the 15th deck forward (bump out) for 14 nights this August. I'll be close to the Dome and Sea View Terrace & Bar. The Lido and Taco Grills will be close by too ☺️

You can keep your Signature Lounge at the arse end of the ship!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

Has any of you seen videos of the gym? I loved working out every day on the Enchanted Princess with those views and I’m intrigued about the new location.

Stay tune.  Pictures and videos will be posted starting tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Spoken to Princess and we have to pay the charge of $180, it will then be refunded once on board. As we’re on April 27th sailing Iam tempted to cancel and book when on board…anyone else been advised of the same