Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

12 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Is this elevator restricted access?

$5 per ride, or a one time payment of $14.99 for unlimited use.  Also included with Plus, Premium and Signature privileges.

j/k 

• Haha 18

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

$5 per ride, or a one time payment of $14.99 for unlimited use.  Also included with Plus, Premium and Signature privileges.

j/k 

Lol! Probably not included with the packages, privileges. Also, subject to surge pricing at times of higher demand. 🤣

• Haha 8

17 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!!!  awesome photos!

Is this elevator restricted access?

No. I don't believe so. Folks just haven't found it so far at the back.  And it has to serve the passengers in those accessible staterooms. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:30 AM, dides said:

FB_IMG_1709303285096.thumb.jpg.e9b95015ae81d6c911bb23413d3204f7.jpg

FB_IMG_1709303278989.jpg

Sounds like this couple is having the cruise from hell. He updated his post on fb that cc member copied here.

The story keeps going on. Very unfortunate couple.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dog said:

Sounds like this couple is having the cruise from hell. He updated his post on fb that cc member copied here.

The story keeps going on. Very unfortunate couple.

Yes just saw that.  Multiple videos posted today, some with enough detail to definitively say they were taken on the Sun.  Here's details copied from the post, unfortunate indeed!

"Sun Princess – Inaugural cruise Grand Med – 02/28/24 to 03/09/24

Flooded stateroom
Deck 4, 10, 11
Absolutely nightmare on the Sun Princess. My vacation is completely ruined!!!
My wife and I are having mental break down and beyond at this point changing 4 different rooms in 5 days.
For privacy reason I don’t want to state my room number.
I kindly ask PLEASE don’t ask me any questions. You can see all the videos and pictures for yourself. This will clarify everything from all the previous post from other groups.
Sun Princess
Deck 10 Aft, Port Side
Feb 29, 2024 (Day 2) – 10:25pm We came back to our DD Balcony Stateroom and it is flooded. There were crew cleaning up in the hallway, but there isn’t any Princess Rep onsite to assist. We had to pack quickly and exit. I had to go all the way to the front of the ship for Customer Service, waited 10 min to see a supervisor to address the urgent situation.
11:30pm moved to an Accessible Mini-Suite Stateroom. I’m not sure why they put us here in accessible room. I have a hard time adjusting. The table is too high and the bathroom have water everywhere from taking a shower. Your feet will get wet and slip every time you step in. Furthermore, we couldn’t sleep at all because there are loud noises coming from the walls (twisting and cracking) all night long. We have no sleep at all.
Mar 01 (DAY 3) – Move to another room. A bit better, but still have minor twisting and cracking noise from the wall. We need to sleep.
Mar 02 (DAY 4) – Advised by Customer Service that we can move back to original room because it is now repair, wash, clean and dry. We moved back since we didn’t like all the other temp stateroom.
Mar 03 (DAY 5) – 8am (technically 7am because move 1 hr backward). There is a series of loud banging noise coming from above Deck 11. I went upstairs and there were crew repairing the stateroom. I ask them why are you hammering at 8am in the morning? There are people still in bed and they knew we moved back in last night. I asked the same question to their supervisor and he have no answer. I’m so mad. I have escalated this to customer service.
They rush to repair the stateroom to get them ready, but it is not ready. The carpet got wet again and starting to get smelly.
Mar 04 (DAY 6) – Move to Mini-Suite Stateroom.
Finally no issues with this room.
As of now March 5, 2024, no one from Princess Management has approach us for any follow up or to see how we are doing. Shame on them."
  • Thanks 9

6 hours ago, macusr said:

NOOOO the veal pasta pockets aren’t on the menu! My fav item at Alfredo’s on the other ships.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Say it ain't SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - definitely my go to

+1.  We can only hope that either there was a page missing from those screenshots OR that this is temporary and they are still working on adding the equipment to make the pastas.  The Agnolotti is our go-to every visit.  We split one of those and a pizza.  It's the best pasta on the ship.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes just saw that.  Multiple videos posted today, some with enough detail to definitively say they were taken on the Sun.  Here's details copied from the post, unfortunate indeed!

Flooded stateroom
Deck 4, 10, 11
My wife and I are having mental break down and beyond at this point changing 4 different rooms in 5 days.
I kindly ask PLEASE don’t ask me any questions. You can see all the videos and pictures for yourself. This will clarify everything from all the previous post from other groups.
Sun Princess
Deck 10 Aft, Port Side
Feb 29, 2024 (Day 2) – 10:25pm We came back to our DD Balcony Stateroom and it is flooded. There were crew cleaning up in the hallway, but there isn’t any Princess Rep onsite to assist. We had to pack quickly and exit. I had to go all the way to the front of the ship for Customer Service, waited 10 min to see a supervisor to address the urgent situation.
11:30pm moved to an Accessible Mini-Suite Stateroom. I’m not sure why they put us here in accessible room. I have a hard time adjusting. The table is too high and the bathroom have water everywhere from taking a shower. Your feet will get wet and slip every time you step in. Furthermore, we couldn’t sleep at all because there are loud noises coming from the walls (twisting and cracking) all night long. We have no sleep at all.
Mar 01 (DAY 3) – Move to another room. A bit better, but still have minor twisting and cracking noise from the wall. We need to sleep.
Mar 02 (DAY 4) – Advised by Customer Service that we can move back to original room because it is now repair, wash, clean and dry. We moved back since we didn’t like all the other temp stateroom.
Mar 03 (DAY 5) – 8am (technically 7am because move 1 hr backward). There is a series of loud banging noise coming from above Deck 11. I went upstairs and there were crew repairing the stateroom. I ask them why are you hammering at 8am in the morning? There are people still in bed and they knew we moved back in last night. I asked the same question to their supervisor and he have no answer. I’m so mad. I have escalated this to customer service.
They rush to repair the stateroom to get them ready, but it is not ready. The carpet got wet again and starting to get smelly.
As of now March 5, 2024, no one from Princess Management has approach us for any follow up or to see how we are doing. Shame on them."

What a shame.  They are missing their vacation. I really hope PCL makes it right for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

+1.  We can only hope that either there was a page missing from those screenshots OR that this is temporary and they are still working on adding the equipment to make the pastas.  The Agnolotti is our go-to every visit.  We split one of those and a pizza.  It's the best pasta on the ship.

It looks like they just removed all of the pasta dishes because the eggplant is gone, too.  What I shame.  I liked the agnolotti as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

@cruisedoctor or anyone else onboard. Are you able to verify if the Sun Princess Alfredo's menu has any pasta dishes on it? The veal and parmesan pockets are loved by many ( Agnolotti Gratinati alla Piemontese).

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The Agnolotti is our go-to every visit.  We split one of those and a pizza.  It's the best pasta on the ship.

Our order as well, only as a pod of three people, we add on a second pizza.  Or an eggplant rotini if that is available. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

okay, am I wrong or wasn’t there supposed to be an entire little room for pasta making where everyone could see on this ship? Seems like they could use the pasta from that! 

10 minutes ago, vividharp said:

okay, am I wrong or wasn’t there supposed to be an entire little room for pasta making where everyone could see on this ship? Seems like they could use the pasta from that! 

Sabatini’s.

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

My prediction is that there is going to be a sea-change (pun intended) with the current iteration of the Sanctuary at the first drydock refurb, if not sooner.  While P.T. Barnum has never been proven wrong about suckers being born every minute, there is a limit to their gullibility.  Raise prices and provide only rows of unpadded vinyl lounge chairs with no shade?  Even Mr. Barnum could not have anticipated people being so foolish. And this is especially true when we see pictures and videos of the Dome and Sea View Terrace offered to everyone at no charge.  People who book cruises on Sun Princess are going to fall over themselves to experience the new features and when they try out the bow-based lounge areas for free, there is nothing that would compel anyone to pay for the lesser, stern-based lounge area. Add in the new Cabanas (which afford solitude), the Reserve Cabana deck area, (which is capacity-limited), the Signature Sun Deck (which is also capacity-limited) and generally larger balconies throughout the ship for people to hang out in, and the need to pay for the Fortress of Solitude that the Sanctuary typically provides evaporates.  Maybe I will eat these words, but I can't imagine the current iteration of the Sanctuary being anything other than crickets for the foreseeable future.     

We have booked the Sanctuary for our entire cruise ever since it was introduced years ago. It has become one of our favorite parts of cruising.

There is no way I would book even one day in this new iteration.

Someone in planning should lose their job over this terrible miscalculation.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dides said:

A little glimpse of progress on getting the Arena ready.  Credit:  Mary-Rose M

May be an image of lighting

May be an image of lighting and speaker

I don’t see any drink holders on those seats.  Is that typical?

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Flooded stateroom
Deck 4, 10, 11
Sun Princess
Deck 10 Aft, Port Side

Wow!! Just wow.  And Mr P is on board!!  The videos must just be on FB. Can’t find on YT.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

@azbirdmom Alfredo’s on the Sun will NOT have any pasta on the menu.  The entrees are either a pizza or the calzone.  The desert menu does have more than the rest of the fleet.  I’ve had the cannoli twice and it was good.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Wow!! Just wow.  And Mr P is on board!!  The videos must just be on FB. Can’t find on YT.  

Yep!  And I can't copy here without their name being disclosed since it's tagged to the video.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisedoctor said:

@azbirdmom Alfredo’s on the Sun will NOT have any pasta on the menu.  The entrees are either a pizza or the calzone.  The desert menu does have more than the rest of the fleet.  I’ve had the cannoli twice and it was good.

Thanks for confirming but that makes me sad.  I sure hope that they don't change the Alfredo's menus for the rest of the fleet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vividharp said:

@vividharp The pasta making kitchen (see photos below) is outside of the entrance to Sabatini’s.

IMG_0808.thumb.jpeg.6df2477c1b1adbbb3ca9b81fcf6348d6.jpegIMG_0811.thumb.jpeg.2f20a4e1d3b7ff64e79c93507c7a53fc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That was terrible too.  Such a bad start for the Sun.  

4 days notice… I would really have been upset too.

That and the entertainment is lacking!

• Like 2