Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

4 minutes ago, dides said:

FB_IMG_1709303285096.thumb.jpg.e9b95015ae81d6c911bb23413d3204f7.jpg

FB_IMG_1709303278989.jpg

That doesn’t look good.  Any report on what caused it?

We had the cabin next to us on Coral flood.  They moved all the furniture to the balcony, and they replaced the carpeting. 

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

SO disappointed that there seem to be little or no shaded loungers in the Sanctuary, even in the suite area. 🥵

The Sanctuary used to be our favorite place on the ship. This one looks neither peaceful, quiet or shaded.

And the loungers in the "regular" area are the same hard ones as all over the ship! 😡

Has anyone posted prices for the cabanas (which seem to be the only quiet, shady places left)?

I’m not sure whether pricing is currently known. The cabanas are currently unfinished - loose wiring where there will (apparently) be a TV and minibar. 

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

The water was off for me when I wanted a shower before I went to bad last night, which may have been related to the flooding, though it was back on this morning.

Edited by HiramDylan
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, dides said:

FB_IMG_1709303285096.thumb.jpg.e9b95015ae81d6c911bb23413d3204f7.jpg

FB_IMG_1709303278989.jpg

Oh dear.  After 80 pages here of angst and anger over cancelled cruises, one has to wonder which would have harmed Princess more:  cancelling a third and even fourth cruise, or going forward with a sailing with a ship that doesn't have its most highly advertised features ready for use, and which displaces guests due to significant cabin flooding.  Anyone care to guess what the guest (not editor) "star rating" here on Cruise Critic will be after these first guests disembark?  If I recall, Royal debuted to a 3.4 or 3.5 rating and now is "all the way up" to a 3.8.  Its difficult to overcome a bad start, and this inaugural cruise may follow suit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HiramDylan said:

but there is a ten-dollar wrist-option upgrade for the medallion, which seems more secure.

And I'll bet for $50 there is an option that locks it down like Fort Knox! 💰💸

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, HiramDylan said:

Staffer told me a lot of people are losing their medallions as the lanyard is dodgy, but there is a ten-dollar wrist-option upgrade for the medallion, which seems more secure.

They are kind of light weight lately. 

We never use them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 555 said:

They are kind of light weight lately. 

We never use them.

DH and I found several medallions on our British Isle cruise last summer. All from lanyards.  Several on tour busses so we were able to reconnect then with their person😃 before re-boarding the ship.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Oh dear.  After 80 pages here of angst and anger over cancelled cruises, one has to wonder which would have harmed Princess more:  cancelling a third and even fourth cruise, or going forward with a sailing with a ship that doesn't have its most highly advertised features ready for use, and which displaces guests due to significant cabin flooding.  Anyone care to guess what the guest (not editor) "star rating" here on Cruise Critic will be after these first guests disembark?  If I recall, Royal debuted to a 3.4 or 3.5 rating and now is "all the way up" to a 3.8.  Its difficult to overcome a bad start, and this inaugural cruise may follow suit. 

You have to wonder what state the ship was in 3 weeks ago when they decide to cancel given the amount still not complete.

Becoming more clear they could have given more notice, even with the 3 extra weeks they could not get stuff finished.

Also the lack of notification pre cruise of what won't be available is another communication fail.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HiramDylan said:

Posting videos unfortunately doesn’t seem to work here, but Fincantieri Company workers were on the ship this morning in the Dome finishing off the ship, and there was a fiddler and singer-guitarist last night performing live, traditional-Irish music in the on-board O’Malley’s Irish pub.

I can watch them on my phone!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

Just so you know, I WAS able to watch both of the videos (thank you very much, by the way ☺️) - clicking on the link opened each one in the Media Player on my laptop.

I can not get them to play on my desktop - but I can view them on my phone!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HiramDylan said:

I’m unsure that video will play, but it’s of the Whitney Houston tribute-show rehearsal today in the Atrium.

I can see the video fine on my iPad. 

Just a note to people that post videos.  If they are shot with an iPhone, typically the video will be a mov file.  To make them compatible with most devices, it is better to convert those mov files to mp4.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

That doesn’t look good.  Any report on what caused it?

We had the cabin next to us on Coral flood.  They moved all the furniture to the balcony, and they replaced the carpeting. 

A passenger who brought on board their own pallet of bottled water perhaps, with loose tops!

• Haha 7