Recent reports on how strict is Celebrity about early arrivals?

Nashna

You won't be boarding at 10:30 or 11 a.m.; that's a check-in time. Last week, we boarded Apex around 11:30 after checking in just before 11.

That said, if there is a line outside the terminal, you'll be asked to wait. 

You can keep checking to see if an earlier check-in time pops up.

15 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We are Elite and typically choose to board at 10:30 or 11:00 am.  For our January cruise, we were only able to get 11:30am confirmed.  We are wondering what would happen if we arrived earlier.

I would hope you get made to wait, you’re queue jumping. Boarding would be far smoother if people chose to turn up at their allocated times which are designed for all to get on board as stress free as possible. Not sure what relevance your Elite status has.

Edited by C4HCG
  • Like 18

For non-suite passengers, Celebrity now looks at your reserved boarding time, not Captain’s Club status. Keep in mind that not all cruises begin check in at 10:30. We’re just off Apex. We had secured the earliest check in time for our cruise, which was 11:00. We were allowed into the terminal about ten minutes early (there were no lines) but we were all seated in groups by check in time. I’d say our group boarded the ship at about 11:10. On our previous cruise, we were lined up by check in time outside the terminal. Those who arrived early were not allowed into the lines unless they were empty. I’d suggest you arrive close to your time slot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

For non-suite passengers, Celebrity now looks at your reserved boarding time, not Captain’s Club status. Keep in mind that not all cruises begin check in at 10:30. We’re just off Apex. We had secured the earliest check in time for our cruise, which was 11:00. We were allowed into the terminal about ten minutes early (there were no lines) but we were all seated in groups by check in time. I’d say our group boarded the ship at about 11:10. On our previous cruise, we were lined up by check in time outside the terminal. Those who arrived early were not allowed into the lines unless they were empty. I’d suggest you arrive close to your time slot. 

Like it or not, they only enforced embarkation windows for a few months after the restart.  It's been nearly two years since they've enforced them.  Since the restart I've sailed 9 times on X, out of FLL, Miami, San Diego and L.A./San Pedro

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Like it or not, they only enforced embarkation windows for a few months after the restart.  It's been nearly two years since they've enforced them.  Since the restart I've sailed 9 times on X, out of FLL, Miami, San Diego and L.A./San Pedro

Good news for some people.and also add they don't enforce the rules for chair hogs.

7 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Good news for some people.and also add they don't enforce the rules for chair hogs.

After tipping, rule enforcement is the second most debated topic on here...Has been that way for decades and will probably continue for decades

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spitfire13 said:

Why don't people do what they are supposed to instead of just seeing what they can get away with?  You might be able to eat an extra cupcake since you got on board earlier?

It's all psychology, many are "opportunists" which isn't a bad thing...In their mind, it brings them joy to see what they can get away with

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not sure why you quoted my post to make this comment. I have no opinion on the subject. The OP asked for information. I provided my recent experiences. You have provided yours. Both are valid. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Not sure why you quoted my post to make this comment. I have no opinion on the subject. The OP asked for information. I provided my recent experiences. You have provided yours. Both are valid. 

We're to provide the best possible information for others.  I provided very specific info, you did not provide any specifics so originally I was not sure if you did one sailing shortly after the restart.  With your experience, could you please expand on which port, which month/year and how windows were enforced?  

33 minutes ago, spitfire13 said:

Why don't people do what they are supposed to instead of just seeing what they can get away with?  You might be able to eat an extra cupcake since you got on board earlier?

Maybe they are coming from an overnight flight. Maybe a relative is dropping them off early, because of unavoidable circumstances. Maybe a hundred other good reasons.  A little kindness is the Celebrity way. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We're to provide the best possible information for others.  I provided very specific info, you did not provide any specifics so originally I was not sure if you did one sailing shortly after the restart.  With your experience, could you please expand on which port, which month/year and how windows were enforced?  

🍿

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

I would hope you get made to wait, you’re queue jumping. Boarding would be far smoother if people chose to turn up at their allocated times which are designed for all to get on board as stress free as possible. Not sure what relevance your Elite status has.

Totally agree with EVERYTHING you saiid, C4HCG!!  Thanks for your comments!

49 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

🍿

49 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

🍿

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the OP may have given her CC status because Celebrity used to give priority boarding according to status.  I don't think it is wrong from someone to show up prior to their Arrival Time.  If Celebrity wants to enforce the time, they have the option to do so and the OP would just have to wait.  I always get an early Arrival Time and recently I have noticed that there's hardly anyone boarding.  I would think it would be better to  have people to show up a little early and have to wait because staff are busy than have the staff be idle and then have a rush during the later hours when it's closer to All Aboard.  People who show up late end up "queue jumping" too since they missed their original time.  We are all eager for vacation and showing a week's worth of "kindness in the Celebrity way".

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Nashna said:

We are Elite and typically choose to board at 10:30 or 11:00 am.  For our January cruise, we were only able to get 11:30am confirmed.  We are wondering what would happen if we arrived earlier.

We always try to reserve the earliest check in time due to our tendency to arrive to the port early for various reasons, but don’t always get our preferred time. If check in is busy then we’ve had to wait for our reserved time. If check in is quiet then they seemed happy to process us early. There’s no guarantee that you’ll be let in early. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, C4HCG said:

This needs to be said more in this forum.

• Like 2

No one cares about your Elite status.  Do you have any idea how many Elite pax there are across the Fleet?  Seems pretentious to me to mention CC status.  Those at the highest level (Zenith) rarely mention their status at all, on forums or in the ship.  CC members might want to rethink commenting on their status….JMHO.

Edited by islabahia
Edit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, islabahia said:

No one cares about your Elite status.  Do you have any idea how many Elite pax there are across the Fleet?  Seems pretentious to me to mention CC status.  Those at the highest level (Zenith) rarely mention their status at all, on forums or in the ship.  CC members might want to rethink commenting on their status….JMHO.

Thanks to those who gave constructive answers to my simple question.  Yes, we are being dropped off earlier than our designated time.  We did not ask to cut a queue. Standing around for an hour and a half on some old creaky knees is not pleasant.  If it is not possible to board earlier, we are considering being dropped off at a Starbucks to wait for our 11:30am time.  On our January 2022 Apex cruise, we had the 10:30 am slot.   Lots of people showed up earlier than their allotted time and were placed in a separate line.  They were allowed access after the passengers who had the proper time.  The process was orderly and no one "cut in line".  Now that occupancy levels have increased, my question was how Celebrity was handling early arrivals. 

I have been a member of Cruise Critic for many years.  While I find that most users are helpful and polite, some could use a session or two with Miss Manners.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

People can arrive early by accident, they might not be queue jumping.  This summer I got a phone call from my transport service telling me that they were letting people board early, did I want to go early?  I said sure.  When I got there, I did get into the terminal early, but the gangplank wasn't down for an hour!  I later realized that the transport person probably had one open seat in an earlier slot and wanted me to go then to make it easier for her later.  I think she essentially lied to me so that she'd have a full load at the earlier time.

• Like 1