Recent reports on how strict is Celebrity about early arrivals?

Nashna

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

1) some ports for example Southampton have no inside space - arrive early and you could well be lining up outside with no cover and no seats.

Same goes for Reykjavik. Passengers who were disembarking needed to cross through the long winding line of passengers embarking to get to the cab line. It was very chaotic. There was no place to wait if you arrived early. 

12 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

We are sailing next fall, our first ocean voyage since Covid.  How and when do passengers get assigned boarding times?  Our last cruise was on the Equinox in 2019 and I don't remember anything about assigned boarding times.

Using the app, when you check in, generally around 30 days before departure, you will chose an arrival time...

2 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

We are sailing next fall, our first ocean voyage since Covid.  How and when do passengers get assigned boarding times?  Our last cruise was on the Equinox in 2019 and I don't remember anything about assigned boarding times.

During check in you select your boarding window; early times tend to go first.  When they were enforced they would have different lines outside the terminal with assigned time signs and staff enforcing them.  Even then, once everyone with that assigned time was let into the terminal the staff would allow others in which confused many.  Those days are long gone and I haven't seen any staff hanging outside the terminal nor anyone in the terminal checking assigned times

21 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Maybe they are coming from an overnight flight. Maybe a relative is dropping them off early, because of unavoidable circumstances. Maybe a hundred other good reasons.  A little kindness is the Celebrity way. 

Excuses Ive used that didnt seem to work too well:

1. The Dog ate my homework……

2. My Uncle’s neighbor’s roomate’s cousin who I never met died and I was so depressed I couldn’t finish the project…

3. I know your pants shrank because I washed them in hot water…you shouldn’t have left the washer temp on Hot and when I used it afterwards!!!

4. And more closer to the question and Ive read in this other numerous “Can I ignore my check-in time and just show up?” Posts: My check-in time ins 1pm and my hotel checkout is 11am and I dont want to sit in the lobby so I want to cut in line ahead of those that show up on time?? 

And to the OP, those are just jokes above. You asked a legit question about what Celebrity is doing now. My semi-recent experience (a month ago) had a line for early show ups to stand in until the proper time people had finished. It works soooo nicely. On a July cruise out of Seattle, our Celebrity check-in had no line because all seemed to be checking in properly and next to us was a huge ship with a line longer than the ship waiting to check in.

Den

27 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

During check in you select your boarding window; early times tend to go first.  When they were enforced they would have different lines outside the terminal with assigned time signs and staff enforcing them.  Even then, once everyone with that assigned time was let into the terminal the staff would allow others in which confused many.  Those days are long gone and I haven't seen any staff hanging outside the terminal nor anyone in the terminal checking assigned times

Clearly it varies by port - Southampton were checking times and directing passengers to the appropriate line right up to the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Clearly it varies by port - Southampton were checking times and directing passengers to the appropriate line right up to the end of the season.

This is why I provide specifics and now added a new data point.  With that being said, FLL will be the most common port X sails out of

We usually arrive early because we live in Florida and have a 2.5 hour drive to Port Everglades and like to give ourselves some time for accident delays or a flat tire. We have never had a problem boarding the ship before our designated boarding time with any of the lines. 

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
10 hours ago, islabahia said:

No one cares about your Elite status.  Do you have any idea how many Elite pax there are across the Fleet?  Seems pretentious to me to mention CC status.  Those at the highest level (Zenith) rarely mention their status at all, on forums or in the ship.  CC members might want to rethink commenting on their status….JMHO.

Oh, yeah?

Well I'm triple double axis elite+ zenith menith. 

I'm so high up in priority I board from the pilot boat as the ship returns to port.

I'm on the ship before it even arrives!

Nanee nanee boo boo.🚣‍♂️

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

We usually arrive early because we live in Florida and have a 2.5 hour drive to Port Everglades and like to give ourselves some time for accident delays or a flat tire. We have never had a problem boarding the ship before our designated boarding time with any of the lines. 

That’s ‘cause AF guys Never follow the rules!!

Fly Navy!!

Den

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Oh, yeah?

I'm so high up in priority I board from the pilot boat as the ship returns to port.

Nanee nanee boo boo.🚣‍♂️

Its fun watching them drop at least one of your 8 pieces of huge steamer trunks they try to pass off the pilot boat!!

den

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Its fun watching them drop at least one of your 8 pieces of huge steamer trunks they try to pass off the pilot boat!!

den

I have ten trunks now. Just in case they drop one. Or two.

1 minute ago, weregoingcruising said:

If you get to the next Captains Club it will also include modesty.🤣

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Oh, yeah?

Nanee nanee boo boo.🚣‍♂️

The next level includes modesty.

13 hours ago, islabahia said:

No one cares about your Elite status.  Do you have any idea how many Elite pax there are across the Fleet?  Seems pretentious to me to mention CC status.  Those at the highest level (Zenith) rarely mention their status at all, on forums or in the ship.  CC members might want to rethink commenting on their status….JMHO.

Totally agree.  Pre-covid and more post covid, X sends multiple (I am getting such emails every 2 days now) telling me what our boarding time is!!  Sorry, "arriving early by accident" is as acceptable as the the guy who drove into me on the interstate saying "I thought the lane was empty".  😞

12 hours ago, Random Cruizer said:

People can arrive early by accident, they might not be queue jumping.  This summer I got a phone call from my transport service telling me that they were letting people board early, did I want to go early?  I said sure.  When I got there, I did get into the terminal early, but the gangplank wasn't down for an hour!  I later realized that the transport person probably had one open seat in an earlier slot and wanted me to go then to make it easier for her later.  I think she essentially lied to me so that she'd have a full load at the earlier time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Totally agree.  Pre-covid and more post covid, X sends multiple (I am getting such emails every 2 days now) telling me what our boarding time is!!  Sorry, "arriving early by accident" is as acceptable as the the guy who drove into me on the interstate saying "I thought the lane was empty".  😞

Susie, I guess I'm not saying what I did was "acceptable," I"m saying it was an accident.  It was also the first cruise I had ever taken in my life, so when my "professional cruise transportion company" who has been doing this for years told me to come on down, well...I did.  Won't do it again, never fear.

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

Susie, I guess I'm not saying what I did was "acceptable," I"m saying it was an accident.  It was also the first cruise I had ever taken in my life, so when my "professional cruise transportion company" who has been doing this for years told me to come on down, well...I did.  Won't do it again, never fear.

Random, tsk tsk tsk.

I have learned from observation that this is a site for criticisms, complaints, gripes, and commisserating with how bad things are on Celebrity. 

It doesn't bode well to apologize. It's nice, but for real street cred, no no no.

Trust me, gripe more and they'll LOVE you.

Now, let's take it from the top.

Aaaand, ... ACTION! 🎬

11 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

From where I sit, I don't understand why you need to apologize to anyone here.  You got to the port, you presented your credentials they allowed you to board, end of story.  Get on board, grab an all included $85 + gratuity martini and go enjoy all that lovely Kelly Hoppen furniture.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Poorest reason ever other than those who feel entitled You have your own car and can go anywhere you want if you are early. coffee shop, store, park, etc. Most of us fly!