Missing latitudes points?

tqdrivenws6

We just returned from a 7 day cruise on escape in a minisuite, it was booked during an insider offer, and the confirmation had promo code LADTBLX, which I believe is the code for an extra point per night.

We were credited for 7 points, which leaves us 1 point shy of Platinum. 

I filled out the missing cruise portion of the latitudes rewards cruise history and have yet to hear anything, 9 days so far.  I did call the Latitudes desk and they claimed I've done all I can and there is no one I can talk to this issue about. 

They also said response to the form I filled out can take upwards of 30 days.   I need this cleared up before our next sailing in February as I have booked reservations for upcharge dining assuming we'd get the Platinum vouchers.

Our travel agent claims they don't have anyone to reach out to for the latitudes program.

Does anyone have experience or advice? Just waiting for NCL to get a look at this is not ideal.

Patience is the key.  The quoted 30-day period is more than enough to get the points posted in time for a February cruise, there is noting 'not ideal' about it at all.  .  Try the patience prayer...  "God grant me patience right freaking now!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, ours wasn't showing up for our recent cruise either, so I just submitted it this morning. I wasn't sure if I booked during a promo, and booked through a TA, so my original paperwork didn't have promo codes. And I tossed my edocs (and never downloaded them to my device), so I'm screwed if I was due extra points. Bummed.

• 2 months later...

For anyone who finds this in the future, our re-price put us on 1 point per night, even though there was an active 2 extra point per night promotion on at the time. Turns out that had some fine print about only for new reservations, and since we were after final payment we were ineligible as the discount was given as FCC.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

ANY Suggestions on getting Latitudes Desk to reinstate unposted past cruises?  We have 3 past cruises all Haven & Suite.  Leaving on the Breakaway Oct 3.  While adding my wife and 3 adult children to the suites I found only I have points posted for all the past cruises.  My wife has only two past cruises posted and my kids all have zero points!  On Latitudes History Page:

" DON'T SEE A PAST RESERVATION?"  (click) Report a missing cruise. The fine print on Latitudes Rewards then states "

• IMPORTANT: Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing. Effective 1-February 2016, missing cruises must be claimed within 12 months from the day the cruise ends, in order to receive Latitudes points. We are unable to respond to requests submitted after the 12 month deadline has expired.

I think this is quite unfair.  I as the lead passenger receive all of my points, but I need to check my wife and kids accounts after return and because I didn't, they lose all points.  They would all be Platinum after this cruise and now have zero!  For my one son after I supplied all past complete sailing data they have him listed as "Past Cruiser" Zero points.  Very angry.  Airfare purchased and beyond cancel date or I would cancel.  All this discussion about bonus points which cost NCL so little and I can't receive standard fully paid for cruise points for all.  Guess it is either back to Royal or on to a luxury line. 

Have you called NCL? Sometimes passengers end up with two or even three different latitudes numbers. This happened to me and to my dad. When we called (separately) they quickly fixed it and made sure only one latitudes number was assigned per person.

Edited by YVRteacher

1 hour ago, scanr said:

ANY Suggestions on getting Latitudes Desk to reinstate unposted past cruises?  We have 3 past cruises all Haven & Suite.  Leaving on the Breakaway Oct 3.  While adding my wife and 3 adult children to the suites I found only I have points posted for all the past cruises.  My wife has only two past cruises posted and my kids all have zero points!  On Latitudes History Page:

" DON'T SEE A PAST RESERVATION?"  (click) Report a missing cruise. The fine print on Latitudes Rewards then states "

• IMPORTANT: Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing. Effective 1-February 2016, missing cruises must be claimed within 12 months from the day the cruise ends, in order to receive Latitudes points. We are unable to respond to requests submitted after the 12 month deadline has expired.

I think this is quite unfair.  I as the lead passenger receive all of my points, but I need to check my wife and kids accounts after return and because I didn't, they lose all points.  They would all be Platinum after this cruise and now have zero!  For my one son after I supplied all past complete sailing data they have him listed as "Past Cruiser" Zero points.  Very angry.  Airfare purchased and beyond cancel date or I would cancel.  All this discussion about bonus points which cost NCL so little and I can't receive standard fully paid for cruise points for all.  Guess it is either back to Royal or on to a luxury line. 

Did you keep all the cruise confirmations (as pdf) emailed to you by NCL each time you book the cruises, make payments, buy shore excursions, etc. And what about the eDocs?

If you did, look at each of them (different cruises) and see the latitude number beside each passenger’s name. They should be the same number for each cruise but if they aren’t, then you have multiple latitude accounts!

Collect all the info and ask NCL to merge them into a single account number per person, and then make sure to give NCL the correct numbers when booking cruises in future. 

15 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Sometimes passengers end up with two or even three different latitudes numbers. 

This used to happen to my wife every.single.time. The easy fix was to just have her log in to her NCL app (which has the correct number) and "add cruise" immediately after I booked it.

NCL recently sent her an email indicating that she had numerous latitudes numbers and that they were merging them all to the correct one. We'll see what happens next time.

On 12/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, tqdrivenws6 said:

We just returned from a 7 day cruise on escape in a minisuite, it was booked during an insider offer, and the confirmation had promo code LADTBLX, which I believe is the code for an extra point per night.

We were credited for 7 points, which leaves us 1 point shy of Platinum. 

I filled out the missing cruise portion of the latitudes rewards cruise history and have yet to hear anything, 9 days so far.  I did call the Latitudes desk and they claimed I've done all I can and there is no one I can talk to this issue about. 

They also said response to the form I filled out can take upwards of 30 days.   I need this cleared up before our next sailing in February as I have booked reservations for upcharge dining assuming we'd get the Platinum vouchers.

Our travel agent claims they don't have anyone to reach out to for the latitudes program.

Does anyone have experience or advice? Just waiting for NCL to get a look at this is not ideal.

Don't feel bad, I lost 20+ cruises from 1976 through 1990. No record No points!

11 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Did you keep all the cruise confirmations (as pdf) emailed to you by NCL each time you book the cruises, make payments, buy shore excursions, etc. And what about the eDocs?

If you did, look at each of them (different cruises) and see the latitude number beside each passenger’s name. They should be the same number for each cruise but if they aren’t, then you have multiple latitude accounts!

Collect all the info and ask NCL to merge them into a single account number per person, and then make sure to give NCL the correct numbers when booking cruises in future. 

Thank you - Great suggestion

13 hours ago, scanr said:

i believe that only the first two passengers on a reservation are eligible to receive the extra point (I.e. double/triple points) promotions. So, it’s possible that maybe the reason your kids’ Latitudes accounts are not reflecting all of the points you are expecting (assuming your kids sailed with you in the same cabin). 

12 hours ago, RoundGuy2771 said:

This used to happen to my wife every.single.time. The easy fix was to just have her log in to her NCL app (which has the correct number) and "add cruise" immediately after I booked it.

NCL recently sent her an email indicating that she had numerous latitudes numbers and that they were merging them all to the correct one. We'll see what happens next time.

And the next time you book a new cruise make sure to enter your wife’s correct latitude number otherwise the system gives her a new one.

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

And the next time you book a new cruise make sure to enter your wife’s correct latitude number otherwise the system gives her a new one.

You know, now that you say that, I have always clicked on the "saved traveler" (or similar) box, which would just bring up her full name, gender, and birth date.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that probably has something to do with it.  😆

• Haha 1