Nieuw Statendam inside cabins

artvlay

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

1st question is what do you consider good placement? Nearby to Lido? Close to world stage? low and middle so don't feel movement? 

Right, because everybody's definition of 'good placement' is different. We currently have a starboard side aft inside cabin on deck 6 booked on NS for next March that we think is great placement on that ship.

Edited by KroozNut

We've sailed in inside cabins on all of the Pinnacle class ships.  None were what I would call large.  10008 SPA cabin on the NS was especially small.  Our aft inside cabin on the NS for 3 weeks last August was a bit larger and totally comfortable for the two of us.

On 12/21/2022 at 8:34 PM, artvlay said:

Would like some advice for selecting inside cabins that are larger than others and in good placement. 

Study the deck plans. They are mostly true to life. The large range of sizes mostly reflects standard vs handicapped. Be sure to check what is above or below (especially above).

21 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

Then there are larger insides on each deck around the midship elevators.

Which generates another consideration as to whether one wants to be that close to the elevators. It's a trade-off I suppose.. Some will say that there is no problem being close to the elevators, but personally, I always pick a cabin away from them.

49 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

Then there are larger insides on each deck around the midship elevators.

We had one of these larger inside cabins on the NS in November, which our TA had selected for us. It was more square than long so it was easier to navigate than the veranda room we had in the summer (and only slightly smaller).

• Like 1

We had one of those insides behind the centre elevators.  Never heard a thing,  the only drawback for me was that the sofa was under the TV .  Awkward!

as far as size, it was good, not cramped at all.  

Pictures on Halfacts…. 5108

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2

On a recent sailing on the Nieuw Statendam, we did a cabin crawl that included four inside cabins. I was really surprised at how much the design and square footage varied. I'm sorry I did not note which were the larger cabins.

As far as noise and convenience go, you'll need to have priorities and then select a cabin on that deck, or in that placement.

Happy sailing!

I'm currently booked on one of those near the elevator on Nieuw Statendam for our cruise 1/14 on Deck 8.  I want to change it to an oceanview, but the upsell desk currently is only offering me balcony upgrades and Vista upgrades e at a price point I don't want to pay.  I'm going to keep calling, once a week, and see if their price goes down to upgrade to one of those or if they are offering upgrades to oceanviews.  What I don't like about the cabin is the sofa on the side of the bed.  It seems too close. And the tv is above the sofa not in front of the bottom of the beds.