Fruity Frozen Drink Prices

ButterflyGirly

New to Princess and also a lightweight drinker.  I usually only end up drinking a beer or a fruity frozen drink in the evening.  Will I be able to get either with my Plus package?  I don't have any special type of rum I would like in my frozen drink so hoping it would qualify as a drink up to $15.

Pretty much most mixed drinks are covered. Your "fruity" drink will certainly be included.

I did speak with a bartender who was showing me a bottle of Macallan Scotch she had just gotten in. She asked the boss what to charge because the bottle was $165. He corrected her misconception - it was $165 per shot. Yikes!  I looked on the room service menu on the TV and verified that this was indeed the cost. I was interested in the stuff but not willing to pay that much for a single drink.

• Haha 3

Holy Cow!  I just realized that the mandatory 18% gratuity on a single shot of the Macallan comes to $29.70 bringing the total cost for a single shot to a total of $194.70.  Considering that I generally order my whiskey as a double - straight up - I'd end up being charged $389.40 for my drink. I find that pretty ridiculous.

• Like 1

Yes, you should be fine, with most anything you want to be covered!

I don't know when you sail,  but the price of the drinks, and the amount covered by the Plus Package are going up.  Either way, it all works out for you.

If you do want a high end special drink or wine, you would simply pay the difference.

With the package, do not be afraid to have a few more drinks and enjoy!

Try different ones.

Remember, you can get coffee drinks at the International Cafe, included.

Seeing your username,  you should try the Butterfly at Good Times one evening!

(I haven't had one, but it is on my list)

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@ButterflyGirlyseveral frozen mocktails were about $6.50. With rum bump up $3. Well under the $15 limit even with 18% gratuity 

Of course the gratuity doesn't enter the picture as the package covers the cost of the drink and the gratuity is just "included" without being a consideration.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:
11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@ButterflyGirlyseveral frozen mocktails were about $6.50. With rum bump up $3. Well under the $15 limit even with 18% gratuity 

Of course the gratuity doesn't enter the picture as the package covers the cost of the drink and the gratuity is just "included" without being a consideration.

If OP has 1 fruity drink a day, 1 latte, gratuities,  and wifi then going standard / basic or whatever it's called today is better. Especially if they get comped nonrefundable OBC that cannot be completely used up with excursions / specialty dining / etc. 

Per day breakdown:

Gratuity = 16 (balcony)

Internet = 20 single day / 15 if all week

Latte = 3.50 + 18% gratuity + tax

Fruity drink / beer = 6.50 + 18% gratuity + tax

So $60 Princess Plus vs $45 per day against OBC .... getting closer 

Yes, Good example!   Unless somebody has a few more libations and specialty coffees juices, etc, then it could come out less than the Plus Package!     But, if somebody is wanting to indulge, and try a few different things, then Plus would be the way to do that!  It isn't too hard to break even.

Some cruises, I might really want the Plus Package, but others, that are more destination and Port heavy,  (less 'day drinkin'!) I would not do the Plus Package. 

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 5:19 PM, ButterflyGirly said:

New to Princess and also a lightweight drinker.  I usually only end up drinking a beer or a fruity frozen drink in the evening.  Will I be able to get either with my Plus package?  I don't have any special type of rum I would like in my frozen drink so hoping it would qualify as a drink up to $15.

We were on Caribbean Princess last week with the Plus Beverage package.  There was nothing we ordered that went over the per drink limit - daiquiris, margaritas, mimosas, other cocktails, variety of wines, and beer. There was always something available that was at or below the limit.   That being said, I did see offerings that exceeded the limit.  We just didn't order those.  The bars we went to had a QR code that brought up the bar menu, and the menu was available on the app.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:47 PM, avonlady6390 said:

Make sure you try a dirty banana it's a frozen drink but not fruity I didn't think it was too strong.  I believe it's kahlua vodka cream a banana and chocolate syrup.

I order the non-alcoholic version of this and love it. It tastes like a chocolate shake with a banana in it. It is my favorite.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:49 PM, Thrak said:

Pretty much most mixed drinks are covered. Your "fruity" drink will certainly be included.

I did speak with a bartender who was showing me a bottle of Macallan Scotch she had just gotten in. She asked the boss what to charge because the bottle was $165. He corrected her misconception - it was $165 per shot. Yikes!  I looked on the room service menu on the TV and verified that this was indeed the cost. I was interested in the stuff but not willing to pay that much for a single drink.

Any idea which bottle this was?  I'm a Macallan drinker and I have seen a bottle of Double Cask, 30 year old going for about $5700 per bottle, and a Sherry Oak 25 year old for around $3000.  I've never had anything like this and probably never will! 

20 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Any idea which bottle this was?  I'm a Macallan drinker and I have seen a bottle of Double Cask, 30 year old going for about $5700 per bottle, and a Sherry Oak 25 year old for around $3000.  I've never had anything like this and probably never will! 

mine was bottled in 1991, not 1992 - and my box has leather straps - never opened, in pristine condition.

Macallan 1966 25 Year Old Anniversary Malt, UK 1992 | The Whisky Vault

7 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

So you have not had a sip of this fine libation? 

not yet ... I was 'gifted' this bottle in 1993 ... it has 'survived'  , a couple of college graduations, a wedding, grandchildren births ... 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, 47th anniversaries 

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

not yet ... I was 'gifted' this bottle in 1993 ... it has 'survived'  , a couple of college graduations, a wedding, grandchildren births ... 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, 47th anniversaries 

So what are you waiting for?  I would have finished that years ago!🤣

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, Thrak said:

17 shots per bottle at $165 = $2,805 , so 'maybe a $1,400 bottle retail, at most? - so what does that really cost Princess?

3 hours ago, Murray's Pop said:

Sadly I failed to get a picture when she showed me the bottle and didn't even think to get a shot from the Room Service Menu on the TV. I'll post in the current "Live" from Ruby and ask if someone can check the Room Service Menu on the TV for the actual listing.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Sadly I failed to get a picture when she showed me the bottle and didn't even think to get a shot from the Room Service Menu on the TV. I'll post in the current "Live" from Ruby and ask if someone can check the Room Service Menu on the TV for the actual listing.

👍 Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

I saw the post in the Ruby thread.... $165 per shot of the Macallan Oscuro.  Going retail price averages about $2000 for a 750 ml bottle so we know they are paying a lot less than that.  Given that there are approximately 15 shots in 750 ml bottle they are generating about $2500 per bottle.  Not a bad profit margin!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, voljeep said:

mine was bottled in 1991, not 1992 - and my box has leather straps - never opened, in pristine condition.

Macallan 1966 25 Year Old Anniversary Malt, UK 1992 | The Whisky Vault

You’re bringing back memories of afternoons at the Jig and Reel in the Old City where I would try a half dozen different scotches one ounce at a time.  They probably still have my tasting notes behind the bar.