Elite mini bar exchange for coffee "cards"

Red Hat Cruise Cat

4 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Yes but without the cards you will need to track how many coffees have been charged. We've been on for almost 20 days and it seems that we have had endless coffees. I do miss the old coffee choices, tho'.

Which coffee choices are no longer available with the coffee package?

Just now, jagoffee said:

Wish I remembered the names but remember a white chocolate one that we used to get. Definitely more of a variety than there seems to be now. I like the flavored coffees and don't find the same selection. Getting a mocha every day as that's the best for me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Yes but without the cards you will need to track how many coffees have been charged. We've been on for almost 20 days and it seems that we have had endless coffees. I do miss the old coffee choices, tho'.

I have noticed that since Princess has started selling Princess plus or Premier to a high percentage of passengers, the people taking the order at the IC tend to be less dilegent in charging the drink to your coffee plan.  Was just on a 15 day cruise.  Had at least 1 coffee each day at the IC, and ended with 9 drinks left in the plan.

35 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

All coffee choices but tea & cocoa have changed. Tea (despite listed on sales pg) omitted and cocoa only in bars & select restaurants.  I had my daily tea refunded by Director of Guest Services who stated she was bringing it to corps attn488335662_Screenshot_20221227-102918_KeepNotes.thumb.jpg.97fcbcf9ee9e9964bca0bbbc92a38149.jpg

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

All coffee choices but tea & cocoa have changed. Tea (despite listed on sales pg) omitted and cocoa only in bars & select restaurants.  I had my daily tea refunded by Director of Guest Services who stated she was bringing it to corps attn488335662_Screenshot_20221227-102918_KeepNotes.thumb.jpg.97fcbcf9ee9e9964bca0bbbc92a38149.jpg

We noticed that too. 

Coffee cards used to include unlimited coffee and tea, but no hot chocolate. Which is more expensive to make. Silly Princess bean counters.

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

We noticed that too. 

Coffee cards used to include unlimited coffee and tea, but no hot chocolate. Which is more expensive to make. Silly Princess bean counters.

This is really irritating to me. I have a pot of tea each afternoon.  I can get it in my stateroom IF I request elite tea, which was fine on my Caribe balcony last cruise (ended 12/18/22). But I only want tea + 2 scones or cookies. Really wasteful as I refuse all but that. Yeah, comes with 6 trays. On my next cruise I'm just up & down cold CA coast so I'd prefer getting tea & cookies (no scones at IC) while listening in piazza.  I'm not a hermit

53 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Wish I remembered the names but remember a white chocolate one that we used to get. Definitely more of a variety than there seems to be now. I like the flavored coffees and don't find the same selection. Getting a mocha every day as that's the best for me. 

I like White Chocolate Mocha, but I do not think Princess has ever served it, but I may be mistaken.  

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I like White Chocolate Mocha, but I do not think Princess has ever served it, but I may be mistaken.  

they have before, but didn't seem to have it on our last 2 cruises - January 22 and November 22

it was my wife's 'go to' - white chocolate mocha with a zizzle, drizzle, fizzel of caramel ... and whip it cream

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, antsp said:
44 minutes ago, antsp said:

It's like sodas, not had the drinks package on last 2 cruises, never paid for a soda yet

Ombud, don't get what's funny

Ironic that they cannot properly code purchases when someone has the card but I like that someone wasn't charged. (Charged 2× for frozen mochas which accounting removed as it was an error. Different than charged 8× for tea which guest services removed)

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

This is really irritating to me. I have a pot of tea each afternoon.  I can get it in my stateroom IF I request elite tea, which was fine on my Caribe balcony last cruise (ended 12/18/22). But I only want tea + 2 scones or cookies. Really wasteful as I refuse all but that. Yeah, comes with 6 trays. On my next cruise I'm just up & down cold CA coast so I'd prefer getting tea & cookies (no scones at IC) while listening in piazza.  I'm not a hermit

Cruise up to the buffet, they have the scones at snack time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We had them every day on the Regal last week.  If they have the white chocolate flavor, they can make it.  i have been on ships that didn't have it available.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 6:07 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

We had them every day on the Regal last week.  If they have the white chocolate flavor, they can make it.  i have been on ships that didn't have it available.

Good to know. Hope the Majestic has them next month. Won't kill me if they don't but like flavored coffee. Guess it's a guilty pleasure. 

On 12/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, Ombud said:

All coffee choices but tea & cocoa have changed. Tea (despite listed on sales pg) omitted and cocoa only in bars & select restaurants.  I had my daily tea refunded by Director of Guest Services who stated she was bringing it to corps attn

Can I assume non-specialty teas are unlimited at the International Cafe with the Coffee package?

1 hour ago, cheezenip said:

Can I assume non-specialty teas are unlimited at the International Cafe with the Coffee package?

No. On Dec 8-18 voyage I was charged for each pot of tea as tea was no longer in the T&C Zre: Coffee pkg. However I used this pic to get it refunded each time. This discrepancy needs to be resolved at corp level1692548481_Screenshot_20221227-102918_KeepNotes.thumb.jpg.60f574d096612862f46270c44f79b517.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

No. On Dec 8-18 voyage I was charged for each pot of tea as tea was no longer in the T&C Zre: Coffee pkg. However I used this pic to get it refunded each time. This discrepancy needs to be resolved at corp level

Thank you..I will do the same thing as you. In the meantime, I am highlighting another area that proves tea should be included:

2023-01-03_13-19-51.jpg

Edited by cheezenip
  • Thanks 1