NCL Bermuda ferry to St. George

farkell

1 hour ago, farkell said:

Does NCL still provide the free ferry to St. Georges?

I have to laugh!  While on the TA on the Epic in early December, I asked the Shore Excursions desk about the ferry.  They did not know what I was talking about and had no information on it at all!  I had taken the ferry in April when I was on the Epic TA in April--they had schedules and information then--I guess they had a memory loss between April and December!!  It ended up being moot, as the port stop was cancelled due to inclement weather!

1 hour ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Yes.  It runs throughout the Bermuda cruise season.  Screenshot_20210628-121720_Photos.jpg

We were on it at the end of November. As I remember, about three trips in each direction.  We were leaving that day at 3 PM.  Not sure if it runs more frequently when the ship is docked over night.

Our friends just came back from Bermuda last week and saw the NCL ferry docked next to/across from the Getaway - it's free / complimentary, show your NCL Guest Keycards to board andreturn from St. George's.  Schedule should be tailored to ship's departure time and available/posted onboard - otherwise, just step out there to check - it's posted on the pier.  

Bermuda's fast ferry services (blue route) is on her winter schedule for 2022-23, like the other routes - and essentially, no services in the evening after rush hour to go back to Dockyard.  There is no ferry services between Dockyard and SG's during the winter schedule months.

Travel time is 45 minutes to 1 hour each way, including prep'ing the gangways & securing the lines, etc. - weather permitting.  Some are the shops in/around the "Square" are closed (remain ??) for the season (for good ??) 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

@BirdTravels and those who have taken the ferry, do you know how long the trip is each way?  How often do the boats depart? Know of any place to find the ferry’s schedule?

TIA!

About 40 mins each way. Nice ride though. Some years back we were on Getaway TA from Copenhagen to Miami and the ship stopped in Bermuda for an overnight. The first day a friend of ours met us off ship and we took our dirty laundry, duty-free booze and shopping home and then had lunch in Hamilton in our fave pizza place, then took the ferry back to Dockyard. Then the next day we took the first NCL ferry to St. George's, but didn't get off and rode the empty ferry back 🙂. Our son at the time was working as deck hand on the NCL ferry so we chatted with him. Spent the afternoon by the pool. Stayed on ship to continue the cruise to Miami.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So does this mean the free NCL ferry will be running all winter?  We will be there in February.

Although I'm not certain, I suspect it does. NCL has ships calling on Bermuda all winter and the contract they signed with Bermuda a few years ago, if still in effect, included a provision for NCL offering ferry service between Dockyard and St. George's.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1