When/ what is your next Azamara cruise?

laurieb

On 12/29/2022 at 3:42 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

We are booked on Pursuit Rio to Lisbon in March. First time on Pursuit and looking forward to meeting @Grandma Cruisingand @oddjob16!! Also booked on Journey Athens to Dubai in October ‘23. First time on Journey too. Like others, starting to reconsider the long haul flights, especially as we always fly coach, saving our money for the cruise 🙂

We will be on Pursuit on Jan. 7, 2023 to Antarctica and in Ocober 2023 on Journey from Athens to Dubai. We also always fly coach. Therefore, the ZRH to EZE flight will be a challenge. But we also like to save the money for the cruise, excursions and post cruise hotel.

• Like 3

We're on the 7 January and 24 January Pursuit cruises to Antartica and the Chilean Fjords. Feeling very fortunate to have returned to travel post covid and will have been on all 4 ships in the fleet in 7 months.  We have lots more booked as we've just started our retirement and these years are said to be the  best of our lives.....fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

We're on the 7 January and 24 January Pursuit cruises to Antartica and the Chilean Fjords. Feeling very fortunate to have returned to travel post covid and will have been on all 4 ships in the fleet in 7 months.  We have lots more booked as we've just started our retirement and these years are said to be the  best of our lives.....fingers crossed.

I think that nobody saw what would happen with the pandemic and how it would impact travel for so long!  We lost a couple of precious years!  With that in mind, I don’t want to look back and say I should have travelled more when I could have!  Now if I could just convince my other  half that we need to book more cruises while we can!  😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Keeria said:

We will be on Pursuit on Jan. 7, 2023 to Antarctica and in Ocober 2023 on Journey from Athens to Dubai. We also always fly coach. Therefore, the ZRH to EZE flight will be a challenge. But we also like to save the money for the cruise, excursions and post cruise hotel.

@Keeria, see you onboard in Athens in October!

• Like 1

June 23 Journey Spain Intensive. Lovely itinerary although disappointed we only arrive in Bordeaux at 8 pm on the day before departure.  I thought we would have the whole day there.   It's a Perry Golf cruise as well so I don't know if that will impact our usual Azamara experience.

• Like 1

We’re book on our first cruise since 2018 on Onward October 14 R/T Istanbul and Greece. While we’ve done land trips in Europe three times, I’ve missed sailing, and looking forward to being on Onward, having sailed the other AZ ships. We’ll be flying business thanks to points on our credit cards. My husband calls me the “mileage wh*re”!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, cpgrneyes said:

We’re book on our first cruise since 2018 on Onward October 14 R/T Istanbul and Greece. While we’ve done land trips in Europe three times, I’ve missed sailing, and looking forward to being on Onward, having sailed the other AZ ships. We’ll be flying business thanks to points on our credit cards. My husband calls me the “mileage wh*re”!

We’re the same - use a credit card that gives Avios to buy absolutely everything, then save the Avios to upgrade to business for cruise flights.

• Like 4

We're on the Pursuit, March 23, Lisbon to Rome. 

Two years of making effective use of credit cards to buy sanitizers and paper towels,😄 left us with lots of FF miles/points. And yes, those Avios are great for upgrades.  Just returnend from FL, flying Jet Blue, using points for the 3 of us. For our flight BOS to LIS, on TAP, we're flying Execuitive, and same Rome, via LIS back to BOS. At this point in my left, I want comfort and anything that makes flying a bit less stressful. 

Darcy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

June 23 Journey Spain Intensive. Lovely itinerary although disappointed we only arrive in Bordeaux at 8 pm on the day before departure.  I thought we would have the whole day there.   It's a Perry Golf cruise as well so I don't know if that will impact our usual Azamara experience.

The two  Perry Golf cruises we were on in 2019 and 2022 didn't impact our cruise experience in any way. The only time, we ever saw the group of golfers was in the speciality restaurants. It is worth to spend one or two nights in Bordeaux. We stayed at the Radisson Blu in September after our cruise on Pursuit. Good choice. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Keeria said:

The two  Perry Golf cruises we were on in 2019 and 2022 didn't impact our cruise experience in any way. The only time, we ever saw the group of golfers was in the speciality restaurants. It is worth to spend one or two nights in Bordeaux. We stayed at the Radisson Blu in September after our cruise on Pursuit. Good choice. 

Thanks for the information about Perry Golf .

Have spent time in lovely Bordeaux as my son spent six months at University there and we also enjoyed a Scenic River Cruise spending several days there just pre covid.  Cruise was booked onboard last April and it did not occur to me that our time would be so short.  I should have checked of course but it has been a little niggling to receive emails from Azamara promoting Bordeaux.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keeria said:

Our Baltics cruise in 2017 was the same.  Perry Golf participants did not affect our cruise in the least. 

As a matter of fact it was the best cruise we've ever sailed but it had nothing to do with the Perry Golf program.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

Will be on Quest b2b in the early fall: 11-night Greece intensive, followed by 8-night Croatia intensive. HVE been on Quest and Journey before, not yet on Pursuit or Onward. 

Seems like business class air will soon cost more than most of the cruises we take! Will need to get comfortable with premium economy. 

• Like 3

We are having a quiet 2023 and will be on the Journey in 2024 from March 7th to April 3rd B2B for Japan Intensive from Hong Kong to Tokyo. We haven't been to Japan before and the itineraries look great

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kydems said:

We are having a quiet 2023 and will be on the Journey in 2024 from March 7th to April 3rd B2B for Japan Intensive from Hong Kong to Tokyo. We haven't been to Japan before and the itineraries look great

We'll be joing you on these too.  Easy to access from Australia.

• Like 1

Feb 10, 2023 BuenosAires to Rio from Northern BC Canada.  Anyone else onboard from The Quest in spring of 2020 who were stuck in the Indian Ocean  due to covid?

Anyone have onshore excursions booked privately and need others to join please.?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aardvaark said:

We're underwhelmed with Avios as used with some airlines.  AA usage stinks.  EI is good.  We'll go with our Chase card that allows point transfer to most airlines.

Our Chase cards are our go-to cards as well. Traveling Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic and Business on Turkish Airways using the points 👍

• Like 1

We are on Onward the 17th, first time on this one, have done several  on Journey and Quest over the years.  Also booked B2B in September, Venice to Rome,  and France intensive  September 2024.  All on Onward, , we go with Itinerary we like .  Like some commenting here, the long haul flights  from western Canada are getting harder, as we age. Will be last time to Venice, I’m thinking.   Have done Antarctica & Brazil, Australia and NZ a few years ago.  Looking forward to the sun!

• Like 2

Sadly we will not be cruising until Nov 30th - Caribbean Breezes on Onward.  This is the only Azamara ship we have not sailed on.  Really looking forward to this cruise as we are bringing our 9 year old Grandaughter with us.  I will be working straight through this year and saving my vacation days until early November then officially retire the first week of January 2024!

We have travel booked as of January 28, 2024 - two of the cruises will be on the Journey starting March 7th in Hong Kong.  

Hope the next 10 months go by quickly!

• Like 3

On 1/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, cpgrneyes said:

Our Chase cards are our go-to cards as well. Traveling Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic and Business on Turkish Airways using the points 👍

Flying non-stop San Francisco to Singapore on a Singapore Air A350.  Sixteen hours.  

• Like 1