When/ what is your next Azamara cruise?

laurieb

19 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Sadly, we won’t be cruising in 2023, but I’m excited for all of you that are!  I’d love to hear about your planned adventures!!

Hi Laurie!  We are looking forward to our next cruise on Pursuit in June…Ireland Intensive!  This will mean once we complete our Pursuit adventure that we will have been on all 4 Azamara ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Hi Laurie!  We are looking forward to our next cruise on Pursuit in June…Ireland Intensive!  This will mean once we complete our Pursuit adventure that we will have been on all 4 Azamara ships.

We’ve still only been on Journey and Quest!  They seem to have our favorite ports!

• Like 2

Two booked this year - Rio to Lisbon on Pursuit in March and Dubai to Singapore on Journey in November.

We’re thinking 2023 may be the last year in which we do long haul travel due to our advancing years, so we intend to make the most of it.
We’ve been on Quest, Journey & Pursuit but not Onward.

• Like 5

We’re having our first Azamara cruise since 2019 next year. We should have been in South Africa in January this year but that was cancelled so we are going from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale on the Onward in November. Can’t wait to cruise with Azamara again.

• Like 3

As there’s so much confusion on whether yellow fever exemption letter will be accepted next year on our SA trip (they were not this year it transpires) looks like our b2b2b will have to go so currently nothing until 2 biggies in 2024. 

• Like 2

We're off to Quest in about three weeks - Auckland to Sydney. We haven't been to either NZ or Aus before but the main focus is on NZ and we'll return there after a few days in Sydney to have a land touring holiday by car/hotels. It was originally booked for 2021 while we on board Journey in the Caribbean in 2019 (might have been Sydney to Auckland then), rolled over to 2022 (Auckland to Auckland) and now 2023. Can't wait! We're normally late booking inside cabin dwellers on Azamara but have splurged on a balcony this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Laurie.  We board Onward in a little over 2 weeks for a b2b.  Then in September we are on Journey for a Wine & Culture cruise.  Like you, we have only been on Journey and Quest.  This cruise on Onward will be our first (and second) time.  Our upcoming cruises in '24 and '25 are on Onward and Journey. 

• Like 4

Like crzrr, we board the Onward in a couple of weeks. We’ve previously been on all three of the Azamara ships other than the Onward. Looking forward to all of our cruises no matter which Azamara ship it is 😀

Jerry

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Two booked this year - Rio to Lisbon on Pursuit in March and Dubai to Singapore on Journey in November.

We’re thinking 2023 may be the last year in which we do long haul travel due to our advancing years, so we intend to make the most of it.
We’ve been on Quest, Journey & Pursuit but not Onward.

Those sound like very attractive itineraries.

We too are reconsidering long-haul flights, although a flight giving us access to Yorkshire would be the exception we might consider. 😀

It is not just physical comfort that is a concern, but a blizzard last weekend threw the handling of passengers/luggage at North American airports into chaos,

Not really interested in experiencing that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonyl1956 said:

We're off to Quest in about three weeks - Auckland to Sydney. We haven't been to either NZ or Aus before but the main focus is on NZ and we'll return there after a few days in Sydney to have a land touring holiday by car/hotels. It was originally booked for 2021 while we on board Journey in the Caribbean in 2019 (might have been Sydney to Auckland then), rolled over to 2022 (Auckland to Auckland) and now 2023. Can't wait! We're normally late booking inside cabin dwellers on Azamara but have splurged on a balcony this time.

You’ll love it!  We’ve cruised Auckland to Sydney and Auckland to Cairns and loved it!  I’d go again if I could!

• Thanks 1

We are on Pursuit Rio to Lisbon march 07 2023. Never sailed trans Atlantic before so it will be a new experience. This will also be our first on the «new» ships. We have only done Journey and Quest, i.e AzaClassics😂😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on Pursuit Rio to Lisbon in March. First time on Pursuit and looking forward to meeting @Grandma Cruisingand @oddjob16!! Also booked on Journey Athens to Dubai in October ‘23. First time on Journey too. Like others, starting to reconsider the long haul flights, especially as we always fly coach, saving our money for the cruise 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We are booked on Pursuit Rio to Lisbon in March. First time on Pursuit and looking forward to meeting @Grandma Cruisingand @oddjob16!! Also booked on Journey Athens to Dubai in October ‘23. First time on Journey too. Like others, starting to reconsider the long haul flights, especially as we always fly coach, saving our money for the cruise 🙂

And the cost to fly anything above coach is just out of sight! 😳

Same when trying to use miles! 

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

And the cost to fly anything above coach is just out of sight! 😳

Same when trying to use miles! 

Yes that is becoming a barrier. When I looked at my S America cruise, Viking's upgrade costs from economy were monumental running into well over £3000 each for not ideal flights.

In the end I went with a cruise only with AZ and managed to get a couple of business class returns to Buenos Aires for £2500 each. Struck me as a lot at the time but maybe that will be as good as it ever gets for a 14 hour plus flight.

• Like 3

Like @Grandma Cruising we are now not keen on long haul flights and may well have done the last 14 to 16 hour flight plus stopover plus another flight of varying length to reach the point of embarkation. We have pulled the plug on what we had booked in August/September 2023 in the Mediterranean.

We are looking forward to joining Quest in Sydney in February and cruising to Perth.

Contemplating cruises between Sydney and Singapore with just one not so long haul flight.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Like @Grandma Cruising we are now not keen on long haul flights and may well have done the last 14 to 16 hour flight plus stopover plus another flight of varying length to reach the point of embarkation. We have pulled the plug on what we had booked in August/September 2023 in the Mediterranean.

We are looking forward to joining Quest in Sydney in February and cruising to Perth.

Contemplating cruises between Sydney and Singapore with just one not so long haul flight.

We wanted to come to Australia this Feb and had Quest booked, but unfortunately the cost of lie flat seats was more than the cruise!  So we had to pull the plug on that cruise! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We wanted to come to Australia this Feb and had Quest booked, but unfortunately the cost of lie flat seats was more than the cruise!  So we had to pull the plug on that cruise! 

They are astronomical aren't they!  Hope you make it to OZ at some stage!

Perhaps prices may level out a bit once airlines have recouped some of their losses?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I agree with you on the Air Fare!  We were booked on a Venice to Athens cruise this coming May but moved it to a December 2024 Caribbean sailing both on Onward.  I didn't mind booking the Owner's suite for a new experience but $9K-$12K was way too much for my comfort getting there.  We can drive to FLL and POM.

We fly next week to LAX for a Panama Canal cruise on the way to Miami but it's on another cruise line.  There we rent a car for a three hour drive home.

I've sailed Journey and Quest.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 4