New MDR menus yet?

58 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Blue Bell is the pinnacle of all ice creams .
Blue Bunny is the only ice cream that I've ever rejected.  I was hungry, had a bite, and then tossed the rest.  

I agree.  I've had both and Blue Bunny is awful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wasn't that butter chicken the subject of a lot of jokes on CC a few years ago?  

Nah, that was butterfish lol.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Guacamole MINUS the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, garlic and salt is basically Crisco with an off taste. LOL

Glad we all can have our own opinions. 

Avocado flavored Crisco that grew on the tree for several months: Add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, garlic and salt, bam, Guacamole.  Love it.  LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Miloomar said:

Yes there is certainly a difference between being tired of the menu vs not finding anything on the menu that you would eat. But 99% of the complaints about the menu are the opposite of your situation. People afraid to try new things. After 5 years of the exact same menu, you'd think more regular sailors would be more like you where they want to see new things. My father is like that, he has been on so many cruises that he basically asks if they can prepare him anything off menu or has been trying more specialty dining just out of boredom of the same old menu on every cruise. Better to be bored of a menu than to be scared of it

Yep there is definitely a difference between the two, and both are equally valid for an adult. I would LOVE someone to have the jewels to tell me in person what I should be willing to eat because someone else decided it was reasonable for other people. 

• Like 3

Full disclosure:  I really don't have a problem with changing a menu.  In fact, change it often. 

What I object to is shrinking the menu or services, taking away time tested favorites, and then tinkle down my back and tell me it's raining, cut of my ear and tell me it was for my own good.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Full disclosure:  I really don't have a problem with changing a menu.  In fact, change it often. 

What I object to is shrinking the menu or services, taking away time tested favorites, and then tinkle down my back and tell me it's raining, cut of my ear and tell me it was for my own good.

Keep in mind that Royal is not changing the menu because it's stale or repetitive.

11 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Keep in mind that Royal is not changing the menu because it's stale or repetitive.

Oh, I believe I know why they are changing it the way it's been reported that it is changing.  I just can't wait for the news release/press release, emails, tweets, what evers, giving the glorious reasons for doing it.

11 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

I have looked at the MDR menus for our Oct 2023 transatlantic on Anthem. There are 6 or 7 themed menus listed. They look fine to me

Jim

Are the menus the new or the present ones.  I'm on the February 4th sail and the APP still shows the original menu.

56 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I would LOVE someone to have the jewels to tell me in person what I should be willing to eat because someone else decided it was reasonable for other people. 

I’m pretty sure you just described how restaurants work…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have had them all -- nothing to be afraid of at all.   Besides, what about blood sausage? Do not see that on the list and it was intimidating at first but in name only.   

But, have you tried Spotted Dick?

image.thumb.png.33101a3d07d3417170f424cd67280cd4.png

1 hour ago, jeh10641 said:

I have looked at the MDR menus for our Oct 2023 transatlantic on Anthem. There are 6 or 7 themed menus listed. They look fine to me

Jim

Pretty sure you are seeing the old menus.  The new menus can only be viewed for the current Symphony sailing.  As soon as RCCL admits the change is happening and someone in IT pushes the right button, they will populate fleetwide.

6 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Blue Bell is the pinnacle of all ice creams .  

Was Ben and Jerry's been informed of this?   Does Haagen-Dazs know? 

Personally, I am much more of a gelato fan.