New MDR menus yet?

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I would have thought that the new menu would be on Odyssey by now. We board in 2 weeks for our B2B and, as of today, it's still the old menu. However, we booked MTD and the dining section is only showing traditional dining on decks 3 and 4 with no mention of MTD. Hmmmmmm?

I believe it is available on Odyssey.  Check the current sailing for the new menus.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Probably not a good idea to post a strange link, without any kind of an explanation.  

I did include a post, don't know what happened!  (first time I posted a picture).  This was lobster night on Harmony of the Seas this past week.  The menu stated a second lobster would cost over $16.  Can't remember exactly.  I really didn't want another, so I didn't ask if it would REALLY cost that much with the first one being so small.  

Just a FYI of our experience.  Sorry my post disappeared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Personally,  I am not pleased with the term "White Fish" .  I prefer to know the particular fish offered.

M

To me most white fish tastes the same.  I’ve eaten them all & none have killed me.  Grew up on fresh caught flounder but haddock, cod, tilapia, they’re all fine.

Just got off two weeks on Wonder with the new menus, and the best I can say is have a really large breakfast because it may be the last decent meal you have that day.

Do lunch at El Loco Fresh  or settle the endless combinations of stews and over fried (and usually cold to lukewarm) food that has been sitting in nonfunctional hot plates for lunch, and skip the MDR and opt for room service (best dinners we had in the two weeks came from the Room Service menu.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just got off two weeks on Wonder with the new menus, and the best I can say is have a really large breakfast because it may be the last decent meal you have that day.

Do lunch at El Loco Fresh  or settle the endless combinations of stews and over fried (and usually cold to lukewarm) food that has been sitting in nonfunctional hot plates for lunch, and skip the MDR and opt for room service (best dinners we had in the two weeks came from the Room Service menu.)

Just off Wonder today as well. I agree 100%. Yep, the taco's I made at El Loco were pretty good. Actually they were better than in quality than anything brought to me in the MDR.

Luckily, the CK menu has not changed yet and that was really good. However, when I ventured to the MDR, I regretted it. They have ruined my fave dish in the MDR. 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Just off Wonder today as well. I agree 100%. Yep, the taco's I made at El Loco were pretty good. Actually they were better than in quality than anything brought to me in the MDR.

Luckily, the CK menu has not changed yet and that was really good. However, when I ventured to the MDR, I regretted it. They have ruined my fave dish in the MDR. 😞

And good luck if you are a vegan or have any food allergies. Not sure how many nights one can eat lentils before they commit suicide. DW has gluten intolerance, and always put gravy on their overcooked food because it was gluten free (thickened with corn starch). She found out the hard way after spending several day doubled over with stomach cramps and intense pain that they changed the recipe to flour based gravy to reduce cost. They damn near killed my wife to save a buck.

Edited by orville99

My menu is now out in the apps. It is a new MDR menu, and no, there is no longer complimentary lobster in our 11 night cruise from Sydney to NZ on 24th January. Intead, they replace the lobster with shrimp.

71997855-C7B3-4217-AC93-128953866193.jpeg

Edited by ksuyen
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

And good luck if you are a vegan or have any food allergies. Not sure how many nights one can eat lentils before they commit suicide. DW has gluten intolerance, and always put gravy on their overcooked food because it was gluten free (thickened with corn starch). She found out the hard way after spending several day doubled over with stomach cramps and intense pain that they changed the recipe to flour based gravy to reduce cost. They damn near killed my wife to save a buck.

Did she try requesting gluten free gravy?

And did she try pre ordering gluten free meals in the MDR then night before ?

My wife is celiac and used to actually like the gravy.  

3 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Did she try requesting gluten free gravy?

And did she try pre ordering gluten free meals in the MDR then night before ?

My wife is celiac and used to actually like the gravy.  

My wife is very careful to only order food in the MDR or make selections in the WJ that she knows from experience are gluten free (for example grilled chicken or fish), and one of the reasons that she uses the gravy is that she has asked the chef on every cruise to walk the WJ with her to point out which items are always gluten free. After 70+ cruises with RCL, she unfortunately took the gravy for granted because it was always gluten free on every previous walkthrough.

Once she narrowed down the probable cause of her pain, she found the WJ chef and asked him directly. His response was that they changed the recipe to be consistent with the new menus, and were no longer making gluten free gravy. She did a walkthrough with him, and there was virtually nothing other than a few vegetable dishes in the WJ that was gluten free.

We tried to order "naked" wings in Playmakers one evening because they are gluten free if prepared properly, and the chef said it would take 45 minutes to an hour to cook them because their fryers were all being used to deep fry breaded chicken wings. We left and never went back

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tampadee said:

I did include a post, don't know what happened!  (first time I posted a picture).  This was lobster night on Harmony of the Seas this past week.  The menu stated a second lobster would cost over $16.  Can't remember exactly.  I really didn't want another, so I didn't ask if it would REALLY cost that much with the first one being so small.  

Just a FYI of our experience.  Sorry my post disappeared.

No problem.  Figured there was something out of whack.  You have 15 minutes to review your post and then go in to edit if needed.  Sorry we missed the picture.  🙂 

I can see people who have easy-to-manage allergies having a huge problem.  Gluten requires planning ahead because it hides.   But often you can just say "And no onions" and then you are fine.  

For something like that, people wouldn't be used to having inform the restaurant ahead of time.  

Edited by HappyTexan44

14 hours ago, poocher said:

To me most white fish tastes the same.  I’ve eaten them all & none have killed me.  Grew up on fresh caught flounder but haddock, cod, tilapia, they’re all fine.

Totally agree...and is the reason land based restaurants post "fish of the day".   Which is why I think RCI is calling it "white fish"...never knowing what they will be able to obtain when restock day comes.

The fish mongers are at the mercy of whatever the fisherman can pull in daily.  As long as it does not taste fishy (not fresh fish)...I am good with that.  😉  

And just because it's frozen...does not make it old fish either, unless they either froze it too late, or when defrosted....left it out too long.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ksuyen said:

My menu is now out in the apps. It is a new MDR menu, and no, there is no longer complimentary lobster in our 11 night cruise from Sydney to NZ on 24th January. Intead, they replace the lobster with shrimp.

71997855-C7B3-4217-AC93-128953866193.jpeg

Are you sure that’s formal (I.e lobster night? Normally it would be later in the cruise in my experience.

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In our experience, they don't have a clue what is being served, and won't ask in the galley or get back to you with an answer.

Hit and miss.....but usually, with so many food allergies...they will go to check on it for you.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Are you sure that’s formal (I.e lobster night? Normally it would be later in the cruise in my experience.

Lobster night is now called "Royal" night on the app menus, and it is always the second (last) "formal" night, so it would never be on day 4 of an 11 night cruise. My guess is either that the app doesn't have all of the 11 night menus loaded yet, so the poster can't see Royal night, or lobster is not offered on south pacific sailings.