Silhouette - Forward Facing Oceanview w large floorplan questions

LMaxwell

Does anyone know if rooms 8101-8106, 7101-7106 on Silhouette, large forward facing Oceanview rooms with an alcove, have seats and table in that area? I have looked up videos of that class ship and finding also Solstice, Equinox, etc., videos from random dates, some show chairs and a table, some have nothing. Does anyone know what currently is on Silhouette? 

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Does anyone know if rooms 8101-8106, 7101-7106 on Silhouette, large forward facing Oceanview rooms with an alcove, have seats and table in that area? I have looked up videos of that class ship and finding also Solstice, Equinox, etc., videos from random dates, some show chairs and a table, some have nothing. Does anyone know what currently is on Silhouette? 

We have been in FV 8107/8108 on Eclipse (3x), Solstice (2x), and Reflection.  I have had numerous chances to glance into those forward facing cabins and have never seen them furnished with a dinette table and chairs like we had in the Eclipse/Reflection FVs (photo).

image.thumb.jpeg.1d8daf01ecbcc9f09f693b338ccdeb33.jpeg

Reflection 8107, Jan 2019

Edited by mahdnc

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

We have been in FV 8107/8108 on Eclipse (3x), Solstice (2x), and Reflection.  I have had numerous chances to glance into those forward facing cabins and have never seen these them furnished with a dinette table and chairs like we had in the Eclipse/Reflection FVs (photo).

I have seen multiple videos like this 

image.png

But then I have seen others with no chairs, no table, not even a coffee table by the couch.  

10 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I have seen multiple videos like this 

image.png

But then I have seen others with no chairs, no table, not even a coffee table by the couch.  

Your link did not work. Please try it again.  For you, I hope I am wrong about the non-existence of the table.  Judging from the FVs that we have been in and photos I have seen, I will say that the FVs were furnished better with each new successive S class ship. In fact Solstice/Equinox were the least furnished, Eclipse was fairly furnished, and Silhouette/Reflection were well furnished.  So maybe the adjacent forward facing cabins follow the same pattern.

22 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We have been in FV 8107/8108 on Eclipse (3x), Solstice (2x), and Reflection.  I have had numerous chances to glance into those forward facing cabins and have never seen them furnished with a dinette table and chairs like we had in the Eclipse/Reflection FVs (photo).

The FV these are not at all the same as the other forward facing cabins.  Those cabins look nothing at all like this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The FV these are not at all the same as the other forward facing cabins.  Those cabins look nothing at all like this

Yes, you are correct.  I mentioned the FVs because they are adjacent to the forward facing outside cabins and I have had chances to see (glance) the insides of those cabins.   I posted the photo to show my definition of a dinette table and chairs.  I never saw those in any forward facing OV cabin.  Also, now that I think of it, I believe the Silhouette has been Revolutionized so the cabin furnishings may be very different now.

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

We did a B2B cruise on the Eclipse in 2016 in stateroom 8102. There was a sofa and small round table but nothing additional or different than a standard OV or balcony stateroom. The only chair was at the desk/vanity. Just be careful when looking out the window, I can't count how many times I bumped my forehead.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

The ocean view forward facing cabins have more square footage, but no more furniture than any other ocean view room. The window is at a slant and if you walk toward it to check out the view of the helipad, as noted, beware of bumping your head. You might be asked to keep the curtains across the window at night so light coming from your room doesn’t interfere with the bridge. 

If you have a choice, choose the deck eight rooms rather than the deck seven rooms. The deck seven rooms are above the exterior door leading to the crew recreation area and the helipad.  You may hear noise when that door slams shut

I have seen photos of these forward facing OVs with a 2 club chairs and a small table between them right in front of that slanted window! But most pix show dead space there. Since the Eclipse is not revolutionized, I fear that we will have dead space when we sail her in cabin 8101. If so, I will ask our room attendant if it is possible to please bring down a couple of chairs from the conference room!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I have seen photos of these forward facing OVs with a 2 club chairs and a small table between them right in front of that slanted window! But most pix show dead space there. Since the Eclipse is not revolutionized, I fear that we will have dead space when we sail her in cabin 8101. If so, I will ask our room attendant if it is possible to please bring down a couple of chairs from the conference room!

Yes, if nothing is there on silhouette I'll ask for 2 chairs.  I don't mind sliding over the table near the couch. Seems so odd as a dead space

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Yes, if nothing is there on silhouette I'll ask for 2 chairs.  I don't mind sliding over the table near the couch. Seems so odd as a dead space

Hmm. We will be on The Silhouette next month. I can mosey up to Deck 8 and try to get a peek into one of those cabins!

• Like 1