Diamond lounge gone?

1 minute ago, alphawave1 said:

So I read that the Diamond lounge is gone? I have read that they are now giving “tickets” for some number of drinks per day? Anyone know if this is true? If so, how many? 

Diamond lounge has not gone.

Vouchers are pre-loaded on your seapass card for drinks up to $14 pp pd to be used anytime, at any bar. It has been a welcome change by most people. For Diamond you will get 4 drink vouchers per person per day. Use it or  loose it, resets at 2am.

Diamond lounges are still on ships, it the Concierge lounges that have had a change in access:  D+ are no longer allowed to use the Concierge lounges.

Vouchers are loaded to your account each day for a certain number of drinks up to $14 each.  This is according to your Crown and Anchor membership level, and the number is from 2 - 6 daily.  "Daily" is until 5am each day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

4 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Vouchers are pre-loaded on your seapass card for drinks up to $14 pp pd to be used anytime, at any bar. It has been a welcome change by most people. For Diamond you will get 4 drink vouchers per person per day. Use it or  loose it, resets at 2am.

The new rollover times for the drink vouchers is now 5am to 4:59am the next day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Much better system than the old system of 2 hours 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, pcur said:

Diamond lounges are still on ships, it the Concierge lounges that have had a change in access:  D+ are no longer allowed to use the Concierge lounges.

Vouchers are loaded to your account each day for a certain number of drinks up to $14 each.  This is according to your Crown and Anchor membership level, and the number is from 2 - 6 daily.  "Daily" is until 5am each day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

I thought you have to be at least Diamond to get free drinks vouchers and Diamond gets 4/day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

I thought you have to be at least Diamond to get free drinks vouchers and Diamond gets 4/day.

You're right.  I thought I read somewhere they gave 2 drinks to lower levels, but I guess not.  My bad.

Yes free drinks are only for Diamond and above.  Us lower schmucks don't get any.  Thank goodness we'll be Diamond after our March cruise.  The 4 free daily drinks is a very nice perk that will definitely help keep us loyal to Royal and make it more difficult to look elsewhere.

We have a cruise on Celebrity in December, and even though they will match us to their "Elite" level, they are still on the archaic system of only drinks from 5-7pm.  Fortunately the upcharge for their "All In" package with unlimited drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities wasn't much more so we did that even though we had free drinks from 5-7pm.  5-7 just is a bad time for us anyway as we're normally at dinner for most of that.

Dan

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Much better system than the old system of 2 hours 

Actually the previous  C&A Diamond Lounge evening event with free unlimited drinks was typically 3 1/2 hours. It'was Celebrity's Captain Club event that was only 2 hours

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yes free drinks are only for Diamond and above.  Us lower schmucks don't get any.  Thank goodness we'll be Diamond after our March cruise.  The 4 free daily drinks is a very nice perk that will definitely help keep us loyal to Royal and make it more difficult to look elsewhere.

We have a cruise on Celebrity in December, and even though they will match us to their "Elite" level, they are still on the archaic system of only drinks from 5-7pm.  Fortunately the upcharge for their "All In" package with unlimited drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities wasn't much more so we did that even though we had free drinks from 5-7pm.  5-7 just is a bad time for us anyway as we're normally at dinner for most of that.

Dan

Rccl diamond perks are way better than celebrity elite 

Celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I'll have to take your word for it.  Not sure when we'll sail in a suite.  We've been happy with Balcony and interiors but maybe someday we'll splurge.

There is one major problem with suites , that is you don’t want to sail in anything less, we did over 50 cruises before a suite and have done about 20 suites since , our first suite was a free upgrade on celebrity a little over a decade ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alphawave1 said:

So I read that the Diamond lounge is gone? I have read that they are now giving “tickets” for some number of drinks per day? Anyone know if this is true? If so, how many? 

Not true. Diamond gets 4 drinks a day, Diamond + get 5 drinks a day and Pinnacle gets 6 drinks a day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

There is one major problem with suites , that is you don’t want to sail in anything less, we did over 50 cruises before a suite and have done about 20 suites since , our first suite was a free upgrade on celebrity a little over a decade ago.

An old guestion. Not trying to create a flaming. Just an ROI.

1. The cost of a suite compare to a Balcony?

2. The extra perks of a suote vs Balcony?

Cruise one 7 day cruise in a suite or 14 days in a Balcony?

Add extra perks that are free in a suite to a balcony that are added cost. 

Asking to generate a total comparison based on cost.

If you think the suite perks are somehow going to balance out the additional cost when compared to a balcony you're going to be disappointed.

The additional size of the room, and its associated increase in comfort is not in your calculation and seems difficult to quantify.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

An old guestion. Not trying to create a flaming. Just an ROI.

1. The cost of a suite compare to a Balcony?

2. The extra perks of a suote vs Balcony?

Cruise one 7 day cruise in a suite or 14 days in a Balcony?

Add extra perks that are free in a suite to a balcony that are added cost. 

Asking to generate a total comparison based on cost.

It all depends on ship , the older ships are much cheaper but have less perks, the newer ships have more perks and cost more , only the newer class ships have suite restaurant. That’s the reason I prefer celebrity since all there ships have suite lounge and a all day suite lounge with free drinks.

37 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

If you think the suite perks are somehow going to balance out the additional cost when compared to a balcony you're going to be disappointed.

The additional size of the room, and its associated increase in comfort is not in your calculation and seems difficult to quantify.

Thank you for your input.  Size of the cabin and increase in comfort is very subjective. Based on time spent in cabin and what is considered  increase comfort. 

We personally don't spend any time except sleep, shower, dress in our caboin as we enjoy meeting others.

So, subjective if 50 sq ft would justify cost.

Again, thank you for your input. 

8 hours ago, pcur said:

Unless they are booked in a Sky or Star class suite.