Do I need to bring my own Splenda and decaf tea bags?

Sandyshore

I'll be on Getaway in February.  I can't remember what was available onboard my last NCL cruise (and even if I could, things might have changed). I'm picky about my artificial sweetener and will happily bring a supply of Splenda (sucralose) packets along if the ship doesn't stock them. Also wondering if I'll find decaf tea bags -- not herbal teas, but plain old Tetley decaf black tea. Thanks in advance! ☺️

1 hour ago, Sandyshore said:

I'll be on Getaway in February.  I can't remember what was available onboard my last NCL cruise (and even if I could, things might have changed). I'm picky about my artificial sweetener and will happily bring a supply of Splenda (sucralose) packets along if the ship doesn't stock them. Also wondering if I'll find decaf tea bags -- not herbal teas, but plain old Tetley decaf black tea. Thanks in advance! ☺️

A few months ago they had Lipton Decaf tea on the Breakaway.   I don’t know about Splenda 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandyshore said:

They have generic Splenda. 

Any doubt, assume it is there. Don’t pack stuff needlessly. If decaf tea is not on display, ask for it.

3CF44CA8-DE4B-4783-8305-F7C29811B5F3.thumb.jpeg.51bf9694f3fd26b12d75eaeee6106654.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes, they certainly have decaf tea. My wife drinks tea and sometimes I find it tricky to find non decaf.

But certainly consider bringing your own anyway, as the tea they do have is apparently awful (very weak). My wife always brings some bags of tea that has she can taste onboard with her.

16 hours ago, Sandyshore said:

If you need real, Splenda, then bring your own, if you only need the sweetener in the yellow packets they have plenty of those. 

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I'm not partial to the Splenda brand, so I'll be fine with the generic version of sucralose on board. I'll bring some decaf tea bags "just in case" -- that's my motto for cruise packing and everyday life anyway! 🙃 I appreciate your input.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandyshore said:

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I'm not partial to the Splenda brand, so I'll be fine with the generic version of sucralose on board. I'll bring some decaf tea bags "just in case" -- that's my motto for cruise packing and everyday life anyway! 🙃 I appreciate your input.

I enjoy Splenda‘s brand of Stevia, but I order it in liquid form. It dissolves so much faster!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

I enjoy Splenda‘s brand of Stevia, but I order it in liquid form. It dissolves so much faster!

I didn't know Stevia came in liquid form. I use powdered Stevia at home in smoothies, but the Splenda packets are very convenient to carry with me.

1 minute ago, Sandyshore said:

I didn't know Stevia came in liquid form. I use powdered Stevia at home in smoothies, but the Splenda packets are very convenient to carry with me.

Yes, though I have had trouble finding it locally. That’s why I’m ordering it on auto-delivery through Amazon.

B744A2CB-F53F-4EE2-95BD-A8CC3BF6E699.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, Sandyshore said:

I love the liquid Stevia. I've tried lots of versions, but the Trader Joe's, Sweet Leaf, and NOW Better Stevia versions are my favorite. I've bought a couple of small glass bottles, but refill them with the 8 oz. NOW I order from Amazon. I use a lot of Stevia, so it saves a lot of money. The liquid version is so much better for iced tea and other cold drinks as it dissolves instantly. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 9:27 PM, Sandyshore said:

When I travel, I bring these little Splenda tablets.  They are very travel friendly.  I'm booked for my first cruise, and I take my tea seriously.  Kind of surprised they only do Lipton.  
image.thumb.png.8761156d763732ec668003c4d358e58b.png

Edited by MuggleBorn
  • Like 1