What is your embarkation day outfit?

bluetardis

• 3 weeks later...

I’m changing it up big time for embarking our October 31st cruise from Fort Lauderdale - mid-calf floral sundress, white denim jacket, and white canvas sneakers. Depending on our autumn Florida weather I may have to revert to white jeans & cute blouse and ditch the jacket. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iTownPrincess said:

I’m changing it up big time for embarking our October 31st cruise from Fort Lauderdale - mid-calf floral sundress, white denim jacket, and white canvas sneakers. Depending on our autumn Florida weather I may have to revert to white jeans & cute blouse and ditch the jacket. 

We boarded once on Halloween. I wore black capris & my Witch Way to the Wine tshirt (complete with witch riding a broom. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, simplelife said:

Shorts and a T shirt. On our most recent cruise DH and I wore matching cruise themed t-Shirts ("I love it when we're cruising together). It was fun and we are doing that from now on.

Do you wear shorts and a t shirt on every itinerary? Or would that be for a Caribbean cruise?

• 3 months later...

We always cruise out of Florida pretty much so our go to depending on weather for me is shorts and usually a t-shirt of tank top (usually matches my wife cruise theme) and for my wife its shorts and a tank top. Last matching tank top said " Here to get Ship Faced and a little Nauti" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beaming90 said:

We aren't cruising till next January, and I have already decided to wear white capris with my Mahomes jersey!  That will be fun!

Congrats on the win🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For embarkation day I wear my bulkiest items. So a pair of jeans, a casual top, and a hooded sweatshirt. For my shoes, I wear my sneakers since they take up the most room. This just saves on how much I'm packing in my suitcase. If weather is colder I will bring a coat to wear as well. Most of my cruises I don't need a coat but I do like a light jacket, that's where the hoodie comes in. I also always pack a lightweight cardigan sweater for the dining room. I always get cold in the MDR.

• Like 1

My next cruise is at the end of May out of NJ going to Bermuda. I will be checking the weather a few days before I go....i haven't decided what I am wearing yet. Maybe a pair of white jeans and I may buy a new top. 

Since we NEVER cruise out of where we live and it's always a foreign port, we frequently have a nice lunch at a (previously researched) restaurant not far from the ship but not so close that there are likely to be 'tourists there. We always arrive a few days ahead so we know what the weather is and we dress appropriately for the restaurant.

For a warm weather cruise I usually wear capris, t shirt and sandals.  We pa k our swim suits in our carry one so we can hit the pool after lunch.  For a cold weather cruise I will wear jeans, long sleeve shirt, or sweater and my hiking boots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I chose a just below knee skirt and a linen tank top plus walking sandals, but as the port town was chilly, I wore my long zip hoodie. 

we could not get a rideshare, and walked an hour to the port from our hotel 

that was an experience!