Behind the scenes ship tour - Can I take a DSLR Camera

cgolf1

We took the Behind The Scenes Tour on Constellation last October. I brought and used my DSLR with no issues. 

EFEDB448-4BAE-4AE1-B20A-C3F485D7C195.jpe

Bridge

CAA5D8BF-631F-4EC3-91A9-A693924B2BF4.jpe

Engine Control Room

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We took the Behind The Scenes Tour on Constellation last October. I brought and used my DSLR with no issues. 

Bridge

Engine Control Room

I did a behind the scenes tour on Edge, several were taking video.  One person asked before doing so and was told it was fine, the other followed suit.

• Like 1

I've got one scheduled on an upcoming Infinity cruise. Under the "Important Details and Advisements" it state, among other things.

• Photos and video may be restricted in certain areas of the ship.

I plan on bringing my camera. 

• Like 1

We did a paid "Behind the Scenes" tour on the Solstice in September, 2022; no video was allowed.  Several years ago we did a paid "Behind the Scenes" tour on a M-class ship, and again no video.

We have been on the bridge of several X ships, and video has never been allowed.  But still photos are fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Bridge

Engine Control Room

That is really cool. Really excited about this. This kind of thing is very interesting to me. 

5 hours ago, Beerboy said:

Were these Behind the Scenes worth it?

We thought it was excellent.

you learn alot  ..small group..use of headphones  so you can hear   you meet staff and officers...see  many interesting areas..

There is quite a bit of walking and stsirs but they work out elev for those who can't do it all..

books up quickly!

Took pictures everywhere.  Bug Naked even made a cameo appearance on the bridge, this was on the Equinox (2018) early in her journey to fame 🙂.  So unless they have become more restrictive, enjoy capturing it all.

image.thumb.jpeg.70527337182eb299143a89e4c5e5adc7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c803abff3384b128fa6951a485035748.jpeg

1649.JPG

1666.JPG

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 9:08 PM, Beerboy said:

Were these Behind the Scenes worth it?

I think it is worth it Once.

You get to see behind the curtain so to speak.

The Size of the Booze storage rooms is amazing.

I think I feel  sorry for the crew who work all of their shift in confined spaces like the Laundry (HOT) or the Recycle Room (Noisy) where they shut down the Glass pulverizing machine so we could pass thru.

Some of the people who conduct the tours are great at explaining the things you see on your tour and some are Not. I had one who didn't have much to say and just said to follow him.

If you are a CC Elite member you can do a Back Stage tour of the Main Theater stage and dressing rooms and I find that is always interesting because it is conducted by members of the Entertainment team and you get to ask them Questions about everything. Many are happy to share personal facts and experiences.

We have done the tour twice. First was in 2014 on the Eclipse, then in 2022, last year, on the Silhouette. Both tours visited the bridge, the engine control room, some food storage areas, the I95 and the main galley.

The Eclipse tour also visited a (cold and windy) forward area where the mooring ropes and anchors are controlled. We also visited back stage of the theatre and some crew areas.

The Silhouette tour was somewhat shorter, the other main spaces we visited this time were a garbage room and  the laundry room where sheets and towels and similar are cleaned. (They mentioned that there is another laundry room where uniforms are cleaned.)

I thought both tours were very interesting. We saw more places on the Eclipse. Maybe Covid protocols have led to the shortening of the tour. Each area was described by someone from that area. Different people have different abilities in talking about their area; maybe their langauge skills vary, maybe we were one of the first groups that some had ever spoken to. Most of the presenters were proud of their position and seemed very happy to talk to us and to answer questions. In most places the group had more questions to ask and we would have been happy to stay longer, but the tour leader had a schedule to keep.

One memorable, but minor, part of the Silhouette tour: We were accompanied throughout the tour by two of the ship's security officers. After the bridge we took a lift down, we filled the lift. The security officer touched a key fob (not their sea pass) to a place on the lift control panel and then the little display in that panel in the lift read "Priority". I guess that our group were important.