​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

1 minute ago, George C said:

My wife who was born and raised in Buffalo has gone soft , her best friend and spouse from Buffalo were visiting New Years weekend, they all had sweaters or light jackets when temperature was about 60 , I was in my short sleeve Bills shirt . I was born and raised in New York City, but in Dallas for over 40 years. 

I grew up in the snow belt in the Akron /Cleveland area.  I have been in Arkansas for about 44 years.  I can handle 75° and very hot more than 65 and cold. 

At Christmas when the cold front came thru, Sharon's brother was wearing shorts the whole time.  

At the pool all of the guards are dressed warm. 

20230123_162056.thumb.jpg.15bbd92d2dfdf6272024657b39f94341.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It’s the Royal app, my sailing Feb 26. 
I can see the menus for early and late dinner. But even looking at all three MDRs, I can’t see lunch menus. 

Just wondering if your app updated? 

I read on another thread there is no more made-to-order omelet station onbaord allure.  I always thought the Windjammer had it.  All the ships I have been on have had it.  I knew the Wipe Out Cafe went away and their made to order omelet station went away too, but I thought the WJ would have it.  Can you confirm that?  

Just now, slyster said:

I read on another thread there is no more made-to-order omelet station onbaord allure.  I always thought the Windjammer had it.  All the ships I have been on have had it.  I knew the Wipe Out Cafe went away and their made to order omelet station went away too, but I thought the WJ would have it.  Can you confirm that?  

I don't recall Allure ever having one in the WJ. There is one in the Solarium Cafe for breakfast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I don't recall Allure ever having one in the WJ. There is one in the Solarium Cafe for breakfast. 

It just surprises me.  I have been getting made to order omelets in the windjammer for probably 10 years now (8 cruises).  

8 minutes ago, slyster said:

I haven't noticed one in the Windjammer.  If we make it back to the Windjammer or Solarium I will try to remember to ask. 

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I haven't noticed one in the Windjammer.  If we make it back to the Windjammer or Solarium I will try to remember to ask. 

Allure had omelets in WJ  summer of 21 (we were on the first revenue cruise), but did not have omelets April of 22.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

The new menus are okay... my biggest gripe is the complete loss of the Apple Blossom dessert.  

I also think they need to do away with their idea of "theme nights"... 

Mexican night has Escargots and Spaghetti Bolognese on the menu.
Caribbean Night has the Asian-Style Pork Bao Tacos, French Onion Soup, and Pesto Tagliatelle on the menu.
Italian Night has Spiced Lamb Kofta, NY Strip Steak, and Coffee Pot de Creme on the menu.
French Night has Calamari, Seafood Linguini, Spring Pea and Asparagus Risotto, and Cappuccino Chocolate Cake on the menu.

If you're not going to have all the French stuff on French night and all the Italian stuff on Italian night, what's the point???

I think they should have kept some of the most popular "classics" on every menu like it was before.  They also need to learn what to call their food.... the Pulled Pork Enchilada is actually a very dry burrito.

Some of the food was a keeper, and some needs to either go entirely, or find a new recipe.  The Spinach and Artichoke Dip was runny and flavorless.  The Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie was good (basically a ramekin of half-baked cookie dough).  The Lamb Kofta needed a knife... I'm not used to meatballs that are so tough they need to be cut with a serrated knife.  

Hopefully they listen to their passengers and tweak it as time goes on.

Thank you for the info.

One of the biggest reasons why we cruise is the food.

We are foodies.   It looks like cutting corners to save a 

few bucks it's going to hurt them in the long run.

We follow a lot of bloggers on Cruise Critics about other

cruise lines food, quality, presentation and offerings.    When I see

Royal Caribbean cutting back, it's not too appealing to us.

And the new menus are nothing but new.  It sounds like less offering,

for more money.   Virgin and Princess cruises are looking

better and better every day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All I have seen laying out by the pool and in the Solarium all day are southerners.  I have even kept my eye out for a Yankee. The all others were spread out inside the ship like the Windjammer....... Or staying warm in their room posting on CC 😂 Bless their hearts. 

Be careful saying ‘Bless your heart” to a Southerner”. Remember it’s an insult wrapped in an embroidered handkerchief soaked in honey. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Be careful saying ‘Bless your heart” to a Southerner”. Remember it’s an insult wrapped in an embroidered handkerchief soaked in honey. 

I love your definition!   I have heard "bless your (or his little) heart many times here in TX.

I'm in TX 19 years and I still don't get the lingo.

Carry on, @brilloheadand @Ozark_Kid.  I forgot what thread I was posting on 🤣

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

We ate in the MDR tonight. Tonight's them was French Night.  The pics are not great but I will share anyway. 

I started off with Baked French Onion Soup. I liked it about as much as I liked the way the pic came out.  Imagine boiling up a cup water with a beef bouillon cube in it and then throwing in a chunk of cheese. 

Onion_201458.thumb.jpg.2557ed33f64a5fa22cef379f1d51fd56.jpg

The Ceasar Salad was good. 

Salad_202121.thumb.jpg.55bfdb70e11fe414307c0b312ebcfb28.jpg

The Roast Beef Tenderloin was mostly good. Perfect tender but what was weird is Sharon and I both got one really good piece and one salty piece.  Not sure how the happened. 

Beef_203359.thumb.jpg.ba8fa195a1cdf8a69bbff7d4ce14e69e.jpg

For dessert I had Apple Cobbler.  It taste good.  Much better than the pic. 

Apple_205318.thumb.jpg.c3dec0fd004bdc3c3d7cd878d3028ee9.jpg

We were in and out after an hour. Service overall about a 7.5 out of 10.

We will be back at Giovanni's tomorrow and then the Windjammer the next day.  

• Like 9