Boarding Pass ??

mrpayroll

Depends.

If using the phone is too confusing for you and slows the process, then paper. However, if you are organized and adept at using electronic devices, then go electronic.

Myself, I'm electronic all the way. My wife hauls around hard copy backups wherever and whenever possible.

• Like 2

They stamp your paper boarding pass after you jump through all the hoops for boarding. I don't know how they would do that with an electronic one. 

You already have to print out your luggage tags. What is one more sheet of paper? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

They stamp your paper boarding pass after you jump through all the hoops for boarding. I don't know how they would do that with an electronic one. 

You already have to print out your luggage tags. What is one more sheet of paper? 

They can print out a boarding pass at the terminal for you if needed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I'm guessing that Carnival no longer works with Verifly?

That's what I used but that was during the Covid days. That electronic check in and verification worked very well.

Vertifly was only needed during the covid era when you need vaccination and test results. with those no longer needed, vertify is also no longer needed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I'm guessing that Carnival no longer works with Verifly?

That's what I used but that was during the Covid days. That electronic check in and verification worked very well.

Boarding pass was still needed.

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Boarding pass was still needed.

No it wasn't. Everything was in the app. First check in person asked if we had verify, showed the app that everything was completed and off we went to the second stage where they verified passport and completed boarding pass on the app. Next was boarding where the app QR code for boarding pass was scanned on the ship we went.

12 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

No it wasn't. Everything was in the app. First check in person asked if we had verify, showed the app that everything was completed and off we went to the second stage where they verified passport and completed boarding pass on the app. Next was boarding where the app QR code for boarding pass was scanned on the ship we went.

I never saw that in the 6 cruises I took after Covid.  They still stamped and initialed the paper boarding pass and we used that same pass on board for drinks until the cabins opened and we got our keys.  The Verifly only bypassed the physical vaccination and test check that would be done with the health questions.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

Just now, ray98 said:

I never saw that in the 6 cruises I took after Covid.  They still stamped and initialed the paper boarding pass and we used that same pass on board for drinks until the cabins opened and we got our keys.  The Verifly only bypassed the vaccination and test check.

Wasn't my experience on my Carnival Freedom cruise on March 26th 2022 out of Miami. Since we were Suite Platinum guest, we went straight to our cabin, retrieved our room key from the mailbox, immediately went to our Muster station to check in, then went and got our first drink.

i just got off the sunsine last week, they still stamp or initial the boarding the pass showing that you completed the actual check in at the terminal. at the gangway they also checked to make sure the boarding pass had that checkmark

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i just got off the sunsine last week, they still stamp or initial the boarding the pass showing that you completed the actual check in at the terminal. at the gangway they also checked to make sure the boarding pass had that checkmark

Exactly.  The boarding pass is where they verify all steps of the embarkation process are completed.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:08 AM, mrpayroll said:

Is it necessary to print your boarding pass or is o.k to present it on your phone at embarkation ? 

We did two cruises in 2022, and we told a paper copy of required. For those who did not have them they had to get out of line to go to a side room to have them printed.  (We had to show ours a dozen times at the port and then on the ship.) 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo