Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

imo  Raising  higher prices &  providing  lower food   values   is economic suicide  for any cruise line .it will catch up to any line rapidly . 

Maybe so but if that is the case many cruise lines will disappear besides Celebrity as most are doing this.  During the 18 month cruise shut down these companies took on massive debt just to survive.  They were singled out by health authorities like the US CDC  and treated differently lest we forget.  They did not ask for this.  We and they did not ask for the worldwide high inflation and fuel prices.  The fact that I am on a cruise right now which is very close to pre-pandemic vacation experience (albeit not entirely) I count my blessings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

It's even worse on the multiple Facebook groups.

never - I keep forgetting about those groups as I do not belong to any of them and rarely use that social media site...

Based on previous comments on CC, those posters can be just as viscous and non-forgiving and non-relenting as some posters here can be...

Guess some place is needed for 'unfiltered' griping and the like. That steers me away from such groups as they become a free for all, while I Am sure there is some legitimacy to complaints (well, the emphasis is on some)...

It is no wonder that I do think about them, thank goodness that there is a policy of no mentioning of those groups here... can you imagine??? LOL

I believe a 'casualty' for those of us who have been on CC for a while get to know the serial posters who may have left X or threaten to leave and drone on about the reasons for leaving. Their right to do so, just as long as there is no direct malicious intent to malign either X or other posters here...

Happy to know that here on CC, many of us "evolve" into something other than how we arrived...

Regardless, thank you for reminding me of them...

bon voyage

• Like 2

Reading some of the comments on these topics brings me back to when I joined this board being excited about our first trip on the Edge and the comments thrown at that ship were pretty bad as well. I probably got a black eye with many of you lol. 

I think this will shake out once everyone gets onboard and Celebrity will probably tweak it too. Seeing many comments on the more positive side of thing noting of course where they need to make changes in habits due to the cuts once they get onboard. That said that is normal all businesses and they all evolve over time. Some will leave and many will roll with the cuts. 

Sorry just in a reflective mood today:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, virginconvert said:

On our last cruise on Eclipse, a number of the bar staff were lamenting how a small group of "old and cranky guests" were complaining their drinks weren't being delivered quickly enough. Someone shouted "must be cruise critic". We all laughed... 

Taking 18% service charge and still making fun of guests. Okay...

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, SoBe2010 said:

Taking 18% service charge and still making fun of guests. Okay...

I would as well, as a passenger, with behviour shown as described.

I always suggest that if we want better, faster and more direct service we need to bring our own staff aboard to supplement what X has available...

Oh, I forgot, most of us do not have staff to bring, we only go on cruises or AI's to snap our fingers or give commands as if we did... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

Reading some of the comments on these topics brings me back to when I joined this board being excited about our first trip on the Edge and the comments thrown at that ship were pretty bad as well. I probably got a black eye with many of you lol. 

I think this will shake out once everyone gets onboard and Celebrity will probably tweak it too. Seeing many comments on the more positive side of thing noting of course where they need to make changes in habits due to the cuts once they get onboard. That said that is normal all businesses and they all evolve over time. Some will leave and many will roll with the cuts. 

No need to apologize c - you generally are reflective and fair in your postings (unlike me at times!!! LOL) and I for one, appreciate you for this.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I would as well, as a passenger, with behviour shown as described.

I always suggest that if we want better, faster and more direct service we need to bring our own staff aboard to supplement what X has available...

Oh, I forgot, most of us do not have staff to bring, we only go on cruises or AI's to snap our fingers or give commands as if we did... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Bo are you offering to serve drinks on your next cruise? Lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

Bo are you offering to serve drinks on your next cruise? Lol.

Only for those who pay my fare in a Royal Suite and above!!! LOL

Except for you, Celebrity Suite and above would work... 🤣

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Reflecting as well.😊

Back in the day when I was in Flight Attendant training with one of the "majors" in the airline industry,

it was explained that the revenue from business travellers ( perhaps you remember flying to get to a meeting, often last minute) as well as cargo, covered the expenses of the flight + profits.

Our mission was to provide an "Exceptional Experience" to EVERY passenger, not just those responsible for the greatest revenue.  Later, service industries adopted slogans like going "Above and Beyond". There was a clear vision of the importance of attracting and maintaining customers which equated to corporate success or failure and growth.

I have said it before that the increased fares are to be expected.  I do not take exception to them. However, it is unfortunate IF these increases may not have allowed Celebrity to maintain the quality product people have come to enjoy and expect.

The important thing I have learned from life experiences, people express their disappointments, concerns and fears differently.   What is even more important is to be tolerant and even respectful of those differences of expression, without feeling the need to judge, even if done eloquently.

I chose Celebrity because it appeared to be a "step above" the cruises I had taken from 1976 - 2010.

It is my hope that when the dust settles, it will indeed be what I have looked forward to these many months/years!

May your sailings, regardless of stateroom category, all be an Exceptional Experience! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, TeeRick said:

What ship?  Was it E-class?  At least here on Equinox everything in Luminae has been very good.

It was E-class. The apps and soups were fine, the dinner entrees just left a lot to be desired. I enjoyed the lunches in Luminae. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

It appears, to me, that there is an ongoing nuanced fight over what is reduced or changed and using those aboard currently to support all per-conceived desires to take X down over same...

The MDR changes are not nuanced.  The cuts of beef and fish have been reduced to a Sizzler level.  How would you like your sirloin sir?  Not the old excellent Celebrity level.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The MDR changes are not nuanced.  The cuts of beef and fish have been reduced to a Sizzler level.  How would you like your sirloin sir?  Not the old excellent Celebrity level.

NMT when did you cruise Celebrity last?  Have you recently experienced it yourself or are you posting all of your remarks based on others’ comments?  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, keysey222 said:

It was E-class. The apps and soups were fine, the dinner entrees just left a lot to be desired. I enjoyed the lunches in Luminae. 

It seems that there are differences between ships and Luminae on Edge for me was ok but not as good as other class of ships.  Luminae here on Equinox has been outstanding overall this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

NMT when did you cruise Celebrity last?  Have you recently experienced it yourself or are you posting all of your remarks based on others’ comments?  

I am looking at the menus for my upcoming cruise.  So sad.

My issue is with the M D R   M e n u s.

Alex...I am going to go with..."Who is a suite guest for $1000.00"

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am guessing that you are in a suite and mostly immune to the cuts.?

Yes in a suite.  So I have not experienced directly the MDR on board here.  I was just curious if you had directly experienced the MDR yet so thanks for answering.

8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You have literally posted hundreds of comments on the topic and haven't even been on a ship recently?  You also stated at one point you only do specialty dining. Odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am guessing that you are in a suite and mostly immune to the cuts.?

We were in Luminae last Nov.  I think the cuts were evident then.  There was a shorter  menu than in 2019 when we last cruised;  we ordered some options from the MDR most evenings.  IMO that should not happen.  The dining in L should be a cut above.  Presentation and service was great.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You have literally posted hundreds of comments on the topic and haven't even been on a ship recently?  You also stated at one point you only do specialty dining. Odd. 

And others have posted hundreds of comments defending the deep cuts.  Your point is?

If you look at the price of specialty dining lately the prices have gone off of the charts and would be more than the fare for my cruise.

I will attempt to dine in specialty for a couple of nights,  but not like I used to.  I will attempt to get as many dinners as possible off of the ship.  Maybe all of these cuts are a good thing?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

And others have posted hundreds of comments defending the deep cuts.  Your point is?

If you look at the price of specialty dining lately the prices have gone off of the charts and would be more than the fare for my cruise.

I will attempt to dine in specialty for a couple of nights,  but not like I used to.  I will attempt to get as many dinners as possible off of the ship.

So you're still going to book on Celebrity? I'm so confused. Why would you?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

So you're still going to book on Celebrity? I'm so confused. Why would you?

I will not book another cruise on Celebrity until my upcoming cruise is experienced.  I am looking at other lines now.

As others have said you have NRDs,  time spent booking airlines, hotels, and excursions.  It would be a mess to cancel as well as a loss of money.

So I will be on my next Celebrity cruise with lower expectations.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We were in Luminae last Nov.  I think the cuts were evident then.  There was a shorter  menu than in 2019 when we last cruised;  we ordered some options from the MDR most evenings.  IMO that should not happen.  The dining in L should be a cut above.  Presentation and service was great.

Apparently that's not correct. There's a thread on this already and menus from 2019 have been posted which are identical to menus on current ships. So no, there isn't a shorter menu, its literally the same.

• Thanks 1