🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Only at all that are on the WC.   I am one of them.   We are all unique Pratique...can't all be alike.  

Please reread my post, not directed at all on the WC, only those doing the full circuit and feeling a bit disappointed in these changes to the bookings. Obviously not you. In any event, I do not understand your response. I am (sincerely!) pleased to hear that you have a lot of nice plans on your travel docket. I hope to hear about your experiences on the WC because I won't be there for the reasons stated.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nope, just the ones on the WC.  

To each their own.  You would not want to do the WC...good for you.  But just because there are those of us who will enjoy this itinerary of places we have never seen, does not mean it is a fit for everyone.  

For us, it is just an expansion of the many adventures out there to enjoy.  

You changed your post I see. I think in the past you and I have had a pleasant exchange of ideas but not sure why now you are pushing back on this one. I am glad it will be fun for you. But I didn't ask for your travel plans for the next two years either.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Please reread my post, not directed at all on the WC, only those doing the full circuit and feeling a bit disappointed in these changes to the bookings. Obviously not you. In any event, I do not understand your response. I am (sincerely!) pleased to hear that you have a lot of nice plans on your travel docket. I hope to hear about your experiences on the WC because I won't be there for the reasons stated.

OK, thanks.  I must have misunderstood your post.  I assume then, that you were just talking about yourself, with no interest in doing something like the WC.  Agree...not for everyone.  

For me, I was talking about the draw of doing something different for those of us on all or partial of the interesting itinerary.  I am on half of the WC...the first and last quarter.  Really looking forward to circumnavigating all of South America, and the visit to Antarctica.   A bucket list trip...one of many varied adventures that we have scheduled we are hoping to fill...while we still can.  🙂 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

You changed your post I see. I think in the past you and I have had a pleasant exchange of ideas but not sure why now you are pushing back on this one. I am glad it will be fun for you. But I didn't ask for your travel plans for the next two years either.

Sorry...please ignore my future posts if I talk about my plans.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Most people on the WC have paid in full as they received a 10% discount by paying in full by early January.

Royal really planned this out well then  before lowering the boom on on those cruisers that paid in full.

Made them all feel good about getting the discount by paying in full and then 3 months later they offer the WC in 17 segments where the prices are greatly reduced compared to what they just paid.

With no way to get a refund if they cancel. The top brass at Royal really thought this out well. Not sure how they can sleep at night treating their customers like this?

Have any Travel Agents explained this to Royal that their clients aren't happy and want their money back because of the pricing now is not fair to them?

Since the clients can't call Royal themselves it's time for the travel agents to step up to the plate for their clients on this matter isn't it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Have any Travel Agents explained this to Royal that their clients aren't happy and want their money back because of the pricing now is not fair to them?

How is that any different when inside final payment there are price drops that existing customers can’t get but new bookings can?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Royal really planned this out well then  before lowering the boom on on those cruisers that paid in full.

Made them all feel good about getting the discount by paying in full and then 3 months later they offer the WC in 17 segments where the prices are greatly reduced compared to what they just paid.

With no way to get a refund if they cancel. The top brass at Royal really thought this out well. Not sure how they can sleep at night treating their customers like this?

Since the clients can't call Royal themselves it's time for the travel agents to step up to the plate for their clients on this matter isn't it?

Even though psid in full, it is still refundable minus the deposit 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How is that any different when inside final payment there are price drops that existing customers can’t get but new bookings can?

Some folks like to discuss things they don't have real knowlege about😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's ALOT more money we  are talking about here then regular  7 to 14 day cruise that you are talking about. Ask those people who have it booked at  those high prices, it's different. If it wasn't any different people wouldn't be complaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's ALOT more money we  are talking about here then regular  7 to 14 day cruise that you are talking about. Ask those people who have it booked at  those high prices, it's different. If it wasn't any different people wouldn't be complaining.

You really aren't grasping the big picture 

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2023 at 7:13 AM, Crism said:

I'm absolutely IN for the Singapore to Dubai trip.  I was SO envious of that 2018 report!

r!

I'm also interested in the Singapore to Dubai cruise and would love to read a trip report from someone who has done this type of itinerary before. So what 2018 report are you referring to please?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You really aren't grasping the big picture 

Please explain the big picture then, I'm sure  I'm not the only one reading this thread then who isn't grasping the big picture.

From what you said earlier seems to be a lot of you that aren't happy with the prices you are all paying. Is there any discussion of any kind with Royal you guys can do to be more fairly treated? or are you guys just accepting it ?

You all could buy this t-shirt and walk around the ship with it on. 🤣

I'm One Of The 99% Getting Screwed Men's T-Shirt – Bewild

This is my last post on this matter since it seems to be upsetting some on this thread.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jldev said:

I'm also interested in the Singapore to Dubai cruise and would love to read a trip report from someone who has done this type of itinerary before. So what 2018 report are you referring to please?

Mariner did a repo from Singapore to Barcelona in spring 2018. Mid point was Dubai.  I did a Live thread

Ill look for the link

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Please explain the big picture then, I'm sure  I'm not the only one reading this thread then who isn't grasping the big picture.

From what you said earlier seems to be a lot of you that aren't happy with the prices you are all paying. Is there any discussion of any kind with Royal you guys can do to be more fairly treated? or are you guys just accepting it ?

You all could buy this t-shirt and walk around the ship with it on. 🤣

I'm One Of The 99% Getting Screwed Men's T-Shirt – Bewild

This is my last post on this matter since it seems to be upsetting some on this thread.

Technically, no one is getting screwed.

FWIW, I'm just about to stage 7

Screenshot_20230416-075743_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3aaa9fc4ccd4ea4581dbbd46aca3391d.jpg

And I'd be truly shocked if you didnt stick around 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Someone posted the segments for the world cruise:

26N ULTIMATE CARIBBEAN & SOUTH AMERICA 12/10/23 – 1/5/24

18N ULTIMATE SOUTH AMERICA & ANTARCTICA 1/5/24 – 1/23/24

19N ULTIMATE CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA 1/23/24 – 2/11/24

28N ULTIMATE HAWAII, TAHITI & AUSTRALIA 2/11/24 – 3/11/24
16N ULTIMATE AUSTRALIA & SOUTHEAST ASIA 3/11/24 – 3/27/24
12N ULTIMATE CHINA, JAPAN & SOUTH KOREA 3/27/24 – 4/8/24
16N ULTIMATE JAPAN, VIETNAM & SINGAPORE 4/8/24 – 4/24/24
15N ULTIMATE INDIA, SRI LANKA & MALAYSIA 4/24/24 – 5/9/24
18N ULTIMATE JORDAN, EGYPT & ISRAEL 5/9/24 – 5/27/24
11N ULTIMATE BULGARIA, ROMANIA & TURKEY 5/27/24 – 6/7/24
13N ULTIMATE GREECE, TURKEY & ITALY 6/7/24 – 6/20/24
11N ULTIMATE ITALY, CROATIA & MALTA 6/20/24 – 7/1/24
9N ULTIMATE ITALY, FRANCE & SPAIN CRUISE 7/1/24 – 7/10/24
16N ULTIMATE SPAIN, MOROCCO & FRANCE 7/10/24 – 7/26/24
15N ULTIMATE DENMARK, GERMANY & SWEDEN 7/26/24 – 8/10/24
9N ULTIMATE NORWEGIAN FJORDS CRUISE 8/10/24 – 8/19/24
22N ULTIMATE ICELAND, GREENLAND & CARIBBEAN 8/19/24 – 9/10/24

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Some folks like to discuss things they don't have real knowlege about😉

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Or any involvement in.  😄 😄 

Over, and over, and over, and over!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, brand new cars...fresh out of the factory.   Especially the new models....ooohhh...that new car smell.  🥰

So, some of them sit on the lot for months, or into the next year.  I bought my SUV as a leftover when the new model year came out.   Still fresh new car, still only 40 miles on it, still full warranty, but thousands cheaper.  Remember when I phones first came out?  😮 😮  New fad....thousands $$$  paid for them.

Sure...we paid more than the 17 leg pax are picking up now as leftover scraps...but that is pretty much the way it is in the market.  Nothing new about that.  It's life...poop happens...then you go again.  😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Looked at that last leg back and am so tempted.  We’ve been to Amsterdam but all the rest (except NY) would be new.  We don’t mind an Oceanview….will continue to discuss with the DH.  

If you can’t fix an issue you have to move on.  We never check prices after final payment, don’t think about depreciation when you drive a new car off the lot, etc.  We had to sell a house at the bottom of the market 11 years ago.  But the silver lining is we bought at the bottom too.  Can’t stand to watch the market too closely either.  Life’s too short to get upset over such things.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mariner did a repo from Singapore to Barcelona in spring 2018. Mid point was Dubai.  I did a Live thread

Ill look for the link

Oh yes please, that would be great thanks 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Looked at that last leg back and am so tempted.  We’ve been to Amsterdam but all the rest (except NY) would be new.  We don’t mind an Oceanview….will continue to discuss with the DH.  

If you can’t fix an issue you have to move on.  We never check prices after final payment, don’t think about depreciation when you drive a new car off the lot, etc.  We had to sell a house at the bottom of the market 11 years ago.  But the silver lining is we bought at the bottom too.  Can’t stand to watch the market too closely either.  Life’s too short to get upset over such things.  

But this release isn't after final payment

That's where Royal screwed up

• Like 1