Ombud

@chubbypiggyMy recent cruises:

Dec 22 : Caribbean Princess

Sept 22 : Enchanted Princess 

June & July 22: Discovery Princess 

May 22: Ruby Princess

Dec 21 : Emerald 

Aug 21 : Majestic

Cruises prior to August 2021 are irrelevant bc everything changed during shutdown.  Guess I've cruised alot but this year will be slower. Just April, May, June, November .... I think

Not back on for a few months & will also dbl check on that one

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@chubbypiggyMy recent cruises:

Dec 22 : Caribbean Princess

Sept 22 : Enchanted Princess 

June & July 22: Discovery Princess 

May 22: Ruby Princess

Dec 21 : Emerald 

Aug 21 : Majestic

Cruises prior to August 2021 are irrelevant bc everything changed during shutdown.  Guess I've cruised alot but this year will be slower. Just April, May, June, November .... I think

Not back on for a few months & will also dbl check on that one

Thanks.  My next cruise will be on the Majestic on April 4.  I will find out if Majestic will give 2 packages for solo passenger's mini bar trade.  Hopefully so.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Thanks. The 3 cruises are all Australia and New Zealand. The first turnaround is just for a 4 day "seacation" that goes to Sydney and then back to Melbourne. (It is to connect with folks who are on the 27 day sailing from San Pedro to Sydney.) The second turnaround is for a cruise that goes to New Zealand.

That first turnaround should allow you to come and go as you wish. But in Melbourne, it doesn’t make a huge difference. Any sightseeing in Melbourne is at least a tram (109 I think) away. You’ll probably leave the ship and not return for hours anyway. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

@chubbypiggy I have always gotten 2 coffee pkgs and I'm a solo. Once I complete the 1st one, I get the 2nd one EXCEPT on the Enchanted & Discovery Princesses they loaded both at the same time. 

Hi Ombud,

Thanks for answering my questions yesterday.  I have one more question that I forgot to ask yesterday.

In your case of  "once complete the 1st one, your 2nd one was loaded to your account", did you know ahead that you will get 2 packages?  In other words, were you told by Room Service you will get 2 packages when you called in to trade your mini-bar?  

@chubbypiggy I did not know. I found out when I asked how many were left and it was 20+. In that each pkg is only 15 then I think both loaded. Except on Caribbean last month. Went thru 2 a day (10 day cruise) and disembarked with some still on it.

But they charge me for every pot of tea. And then I have GSD refund me. They're losing out bc it moves nonrefundable OBC into refundable OBC & I collect cash at the end. Their loss but just 40+ so I guess they don't care

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@chubbypiggy I did not know. I found out when I asked how many were left and it was 20+. In that each pkg is only 15 then I think both loaded. Except on Caribbean last month. Went thru 2 a day (10 day cruise) and disembarked with some still on it.

But they charge me for every pot of tea. And then I have GSD refund me. They're losing out bc it moves nonrefundable OBC into refundable OBC & I collect cash at the end. Their loss but just 40+ so I guess they don't care

Thank you.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, davekathy said:

We haven't cruised with Princess since 2010. What does Princess do for consecutive cruisers (B2B) on TAD? Consecutive cruisers lunch, access to the cabins  after the TAD process? 

lunch as usual, then everyone must leave the ship but on exiting  you  go to the side door not thru the long lines, you can leave all your luggage. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, Thrak said:

We are booked for a B2B2B this fall but it's in Australia. Wondering how turn around works there. We sail out of Melbourne and return there after each segment. We'll have 2 turn around days. Anybody know if they do anything "special" like folks mention above?

We have done a B2B this season on the Grand out of Melbourne, they have been putting on a free shuttle bus into Melbourne from the port on turn around days for the b2B passengers.

Pretty handy and something that I haven't seen from Princess in Melbourne in previous years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

We have done a B2B this season on the Grand out of Melbourne, they have been putting on a free shuttle bus into Melbourne from the port on turn around days for the b2B passengers.

Pretty handy and something that I haven't seen from Princess in Melbourne in previous years.

They used to run the bus just on turnaround days (not port visits) and I think it dropped all passengers in front of the immigration museum.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

if you leave the ship on a turn around day, walk/ tour and return later what is the process? do you just walk back on is there a process you go through upon return to ship. 

Get a in transit pass before leaving the ship. Once you return you will need to go thru security check point, but after that you are able to by pass all the other steps in order to board the ship. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Get a in transit pass before leaving the ship. Once you return you will need to go thru security check point, but after that you are able to by pass all the other steps in order to board the ship. 

It does save a lot of time when re-boarding and you'll be first to board before anyone else. Just don't forget the in-transit card when leaving the ship. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

Where do you get the in transit card?

We have never done a B2B before and I didn't originally see anything indicating a future cruise we have booked counted as a B2B (Sky Princess 14 day Caribbean East/West Adventurer). It was listed as a single cruise and we have just one booking number. There are no repeat ports during the cruise, aside from returning to Fort Lauderdale. I do see that our cruise is available as separate 7 day cruises, which is what I thought you would have to book individually to qualify for the B2B. It wasn't until I happened to look at my Captain's Circle "cruise history" that I noticed that it showed 2 cruise credits for this booking (and we do not have a suite booked, only Reserve Collection Mini). We will be Elite by this cruise, so I assume we will receive 2 mini bar setups? I also wondered about our CCL stock benefit - with only one booking number how would we receive the additional OBC that I have seen talked about in another post?

1 hour ago, Upper Bob said:

We have never done a B2B before and I didn't originally see anything indicating a future cruise we have booked counted as a B2B (Sky Princess 14 day Caribbean East/West Adventurer). It was listed as a single cruise and we have just one booking number. There are no repeat ports during the cruise, aside from returning to Fort Lauderdale. I do see that our cruise is available as separate 7 day cruises, which is what I thought you would have to book individually to qualify for the B2B. It wasn't until I happened to look at my Captain's Circle "cruise history" that I noticed that it showed 2 cruise credits for this booking (and we do not have a suite booked, only Reserve Collection Mini). We will be Elite by this cruise, so I assume we will receive 2 mini bar setups? I also wondered about our CCL stock benefit - with only one booking number how would we receive the additional OBC that I have seen talked about in another post?

You can’t. The CCL OBC is based on the number of booking ID #s, and you have one.  But you’re in luck, because instead of two $100 OBCs, you’ll get a single $250 OBC. You will get a new minibar setup on turnaround day. you’ll love doing B2B cruises. 

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1