Crown & Anchor status for kids

I have Diamond status with RC & my stepchildren will be cruising with my husband & I (& my kids) and they have never cruised before.  Will my stepchildren get Diamond status as well on their first cruise or will they get it on their second cruise?  I have signed them up with C&A.  Thanks

Youth attain the status as their parents after their first completed cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Fine print: "Children share the same tier (up to Diamond Plus) as their parent until age 18. Children of Pinnacle Club members enjoy select onboard benefits of their parents, however, not the tier. Children will be removed of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependent's record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status."

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Youth attain the status as their parents after their first completed cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Fine print: "Children share the same tier (up to Diamond Plus) as their parent until age 18. Children of Pinnacle Club members enjoy select onboard benefits of their parents, however, not the tier. Children will be removed of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependent's record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status."

If you call you can have them immediately added to the family status and they do not have to complete a cruise.  They will be Diamond prior to stepping on the ship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, disneybabe said:

Interested in the comment about calling to have children receive matching status before we board.  
Which department would we call and has anyone else had success with this if the children have not cruised yet?

Call C&A

800 526 9723

Yes, I have had several clients do this and lots of reports of the same here on CC.  Same thing goes for adding a spouse who has never sailed.  Status before they even cruise once

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

i would like to go a little further with a question...DW and i are taking our 7 & 4 year old on their first cruise and wonder if they will become diamond plus as that is our status???

Yes, call C&A (800.526.9723)and have them added to the family relationship and they will be d+ on their first cruise

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, disneybabe said:

Interested in the comment about calling to have children receive matching status before we board.  
Which department would we call and has anyone else had success with this if the children have not cruised yet?

I did not call. I just set up their C&A accounts online, then had my TA add the account numbers to our reservation. They were Diamond with 0 points. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Are there any onboard benefits that a D+ minor does NOT receive?  I know that they get the drink coupons - nonalcoholic, of course.  But do they get:

the free photo?

the days of internet?

Thank you.

We haven’t been successful in getting the diamond photo for the kids, only the adults get the photo. Not that my wife won’t keep trying. 

Yes the kids do get the free Internet day. We buy internet one device for my wife. I use mine and the kids free 24 hours on sea days. Also, I haven’t figured out a way to use the free 24 hours for my wife, since she has the internet package, her 24 hours isn’t available. 

2 hours ago, Dan83 said:

Also, I haven’t figured out a way to use the free 24 hours for my wife, since she has the internet package, her 24 hours isn’t available. 

Visit the Voom desk - they should be able to set up the 24 hr perk on a second device -  @brilloheadmight know how to do this.