Did the steakhouse menu change?

Eli_6

56 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I must say I still think (in most cases, some ships have been a let down), the best piece of cheesecake can be found in the coffee shop for a small fee.

Yep !

I even felt that way back when the Steakhouse gave you the monster piece of cheesecake. I still enjoyed the one at the coffee place more.  🙂

Tom

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

Which makes no sense at all.  It's food that we pay for.  Why should they care if we share it?  I could see if it was a buffet, but it's not. So many tings make no sense at all these days.

Sense too whom?  Better food than the buffet offers. Control, commodity.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It is a little smaller, and it is different, but taste is subjective. I like it. 

I loved the french onion soup but it is so hot when it comes out. Too hot. Unless you want to burn the roof of your mouth with the cheese you will be eating your main course before the soup. But when it cooled down enough for me to eat it, it was really, really good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

At least on our last sailing (12/22, 4-nt) they ditched some of the random (read: waste of time/not good!) ones and instead had the miniature burger each evening. Cheryl does not really care for it, so I enjoyed two each the 4 nights we were in there.

Tom

I thought the mini burger was better than the greasy round at Guys.

Also the chocolate sphere was a chocoholic dream. Not as good as the one on Royal Wonderland menu. But it will handle your chocolate Jones for the week.

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I thought the mini burger was better than the greasy round at Guys.

Also the chocolate sphere was a chocoholic dream. Not as good as the one on Royal Wonderland menu. But it will handle your chocolate Jones for the week.

The best chocolate fix I've had in the last several months (while cruising) was on the Reflection a couple months ago. The brownies at Café al Bacio were sooooo good (I probably ate 6-8).

i-pnwGKPF-L.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

I loved the french onion soup but it is so hot when it comes out. Too hot. Unless you want to burn the roof of your mouth with the cheese you will be eating your main course before the soup. But when it cooled down enough for me to eat it, it was really, really good.

That is often the case, but when I do finish the soup before the main course, I am already getting full.

• Like 1

I miss the old chocolate cake you could get delivered as a special treat for the room.  It was a moist chocolate cake with chocolate filling and a chocolate ganache outside.  Soooo yummy!  The new one isn't as good.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I miss the old chocolate cake you could get delivered as a special treat for the room.  It was a moist chocolate cake with chocolate filling and a chocolate ganache outside.  Soooo yummy!  The new one isn't as good.

Odd, how most (not all) of the "new" things are a step down.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I may try the fish. Has anyone had the Chilean Sea Bass?  

Yes, a couple of times. It's OK - just like the chicken though, they'll look at you like you've got two heads if you order either of those... LOL

Chilean Sea Bass = Patagonian Toothfish 

You can see why they're calling it something different !

Tom

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yes, a couple of times. It's OK - just like the chicken though, they'll look at you like you've got two heads if you order either of those... LOL

Chilean Sea Bass = Patagonian Toothfish 

You can see why they're calling it something different !

Tom

It is a very flavorful and tender fish if prepared well. I haven't had it on Carnival before so can't comment how good it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

I don't think you actually prepay for the steakhouse on carnival.com. You're just reserving.

You can cancel any time because you're not actually charged until you go to eat.

You can absolutely prepay for Steakhouse online.  I did it for my upcoming cruise months ago.  It gave me the option of using my OBC to pay, but I chose to use my Carnival FPs Mastercard to get the extra points.

17 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

A bit off topic, but if you make reservation and of course prepay, can you cancel day of reservation?  Say in the am, because of whatever reason?

You have to prepay when making a reservation and I believe you need to give them at least 24 hours notification of a cancellation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

I don't think you actually prepay for the steakhouse on carnival.com. You're just reserving.

You can cancel any time because you're not actually charged until you go to eat.

when I booked the steakhouse for my April cruise on the Celebration we had to pay when we booked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PA Dutchman said:

What chnged

They removed some items. The wagyu steak, bone marrow appetizer, wasabi mashed potatoes side dish, desert as art, the Maine lobster is now just listed as "broiled lobster," etc.

There may be other items removed/changed that I forgot to list. Just read through the many comments on this post to see what's changed.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, mz-s said:

I was charged. For the Steakhouse and JiJi's 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bawdySlut said:

They removed some items. The wagyu steak, bone marrow appetizer, wasabi mashed potatoes side dish, desert as art, the Maine lobster is now just listed as "broiled lobster," etc.

There may be other items removed/changed that I forgot to list. Just read through the many comments on this post to see what's changed.

If they keep cutting, eventually it's going to be real simple to order:

cheeburger,  Pepsi, and chips    😄 

Tom