Can't print xpress pass or upload photo

Uwlwsrpm

I have been able to successfully check in, but whenever I try to view my xpress pass to print, it just loops me back to the same page. I can access it through the Celebrity App, I can also access my luggage tags no problem. Will I still be able to board without a printed xpress pass?

We have used the app to checkin for for the past year and found it easier and faster.  We have only had 1 photo taken at the pier, DH wasn’t looking directly at the camera.

Photo, luggage tags, Xpress pass can all be handled at the pier if necessary.  Have a great trip.

8 hours ago, Uwlwsrpm said:

I have been able to successfully check in, but whenever I try to view my xpress pass to print, it just loops me back to the same page. I can access it through the Celebrity App, I can also access my luggage tags no problem. Will I still be able to board without a printed xpress pass?

As a workaround if you want something printed just take a screenshot of the Xpress Pass on the App and print that out.  

Edited by kwokpot

That is the purpose of the Xpress pass. Just show your phone at check in, no need to print anything. Just like concerts and airlines now, no paper needed. Sometimes I save it to my phone, but most times I  just pull up the app and on I go.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

There is no need to print the pass. If you are concerned about accessing it during boarding, just take a screenshot and save the pass as a photo 

TBH sometimes it's EASIER to have the pass printed. I could understand if one only had to show the app, but that's not the case. You still need to have your passport available. What we do is printout the boarding pass and it's in with the passport. Previously when we had to show covid tests we would have the test results stapled behind the printed boarding pass inside the passport. Mind you I do EVERYTHING on my phone, but in this case paper trumps the phone. The phone can be away in my backpack, so one thing less to put away when you go through the security scan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

TBH sometimes it's EASIER to have the pass printed. I could understand if one only had to show the app, but that's not the case. You still need to have your passport available. What we do is printout the boarding pass and it's in with the passport. Previously when we had to show covid tests we would have the test results stapled behind the printed boarding pass inside the passport. Mind you I do EVERYTHING on my phone, but in this case paper trumps the phone. The phone can be away in my backpack, so one thing less to put away when you go through the security scan. 

Do you have paper boarding passes at the airport or your phone?  Do you have your ID in hand?  It's the exact same premise.  

3 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Do you have paper boarding passes at the airport or your phone?  Do you have your ID in hand?  It's the exact same premise.  

The majority of the time I do printout the paper airline boarding pass, even though I check in on my phone. There's less issues with the scanners reading paper than the phone screen. No need to adjust brightness, paper can't turn off by mistake. I was on 11 trips needing air last year, 10 cruises, away over 125 days, so as a frequent traveler I really do find paper better than phone. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

The majority of the time I do printout the paper airline boarding pass, even though I check in on my phone. There's less issues with the scanners reading paper than the phone screen. No need to adjust brightness, paper can't turn off by mistake. I was on 11 trips needing air last year, 10 cruises, away over 125 days, so as a frequent traveler I really do find paper better than phone. 

Im a monthly airline traveler not that it makes any difference, and have found if you screenshot and save the boarding pass to your picture gallery, you don't need paper.  And adjusting brightness is not exactly an issue as phones now adjust to the brightness.  It's fine with me as I like just pulling out my phone, showing the bar code, and boarding a plane or a ship.  I see more confusion with papers then with a phone with airlines and ship.  I like the comfort of holding my phone out to be scanned or lying in on a screen.  Plus its easier to just put back in a purse or bag once you go through TSA.  Or board the plane.  

So, I used the app and scanned my passport and husbands.  I added photos and credit card and it wouldn't go through all the way.  So I signed into Celebrity on my laptop.  This is where is gets weird, it had my birthday the same as my husband. Had me marked off as MALE, and my passport number correct, but expiration date was the date on my husband's passport.  I scanned the passports, so this was not me manually doing it.  Once I fixed everything on my computer, it then showed up in the APP and all checked in.  And I was able to add to my iphone wallet from the App.  So very odd.  So if you're having problems with the app, check the website and make sure everything is correct.

22 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Almost all of the airports I fly out of no longer require you to (*Show) a boarding pass.  Just show ID, they have it all on the computer. I asked the TSA guy recently when I was leaving Vegas and he mentioned that it's on their computer now linked to your ID.  We both have Trusted Traveler so we can use pre-check, I wonder if that's why? 

Edited by NevadaCruiser2023

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

5 years ago I made up a binder full of printouts of everything I needed for a NCL cruise.  Guess how many times I used it?

31 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

Almost all of the airports I fly out of no longer require you to (*Show) a boarding pass.  Just show ID, they have it all on the computer. I asked the TSA guy recently when I was leaving Vegas and he mentioned that it's on their computer now linked to your ID.  We both have Trusted Traveler so we can use pre-check, I wonder if that's why? 

Yes, it's like this for us out of Philadelphia with TSa  Coming back, it's a toss up.  But still needed before we board the plane.