Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

After dinner we hung out over at the Metropolitan Bar where Cowboy works. He was in rare form tonight, and hopefully I get to cruise with him again someday. I'm sure that it'll happen, but just not when. He's truly "one of a kind"... I'm probably done drinking for the night, and I may go take one more stroll about the ship. Or, I could almost just call it an early night and climb into bed. JinxyB is packing and getting ready to be one of the first off the ship in the morning, and I probably won't even wake up until she's gone. It was definitely great having someone to hang out with after all these solo adventures, and maybe our paths will cross again someday. 

As for myself, I've got 99 days until my next cruise on the Scarlet Lady, which I've been on three times now, so no need to bother with another review... This may or may not be the last "big Live Review" for me, or who knows, I may change my mind at some point down the line. Either way, this one has definitely been one for the ages, and I spent a whole lot more time "on vacation" than I have in years. 

Thanks to all of you who followed along on this wild and crazy ride. We've got one more long day tomorrow, and then it's back to the 'ol salt mine for me on Monday... 

Thank you all again for being here.........

• Like 74
  • Thanks 11

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This may or may not be the last "big Live Review" for me, or who knows, I may change my mind at some point down the line. Either way, this one has definitely been one for the ages, and I spent a whole lot more time "on vacation" than I have in years. 

Thanks to all of you who followed along on this wild and crazy ride. We've got one more long day tomorrow, and then it's back to the 'ol salt mine for me on Monday... 

Thank you all again for being here.........

I always thoroughly enjoy your "Lives". You have a gift of the written word and the realness that makes it a must follow. Love a little irreverence. Safe travels tomorrow. 

~PB

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cellfree said:
3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Post #1414 - I just reread it - I meant to say I certainly hope this isn’t Sid’s last LIVE - the way I worded it may have suggested I hoped it was indeed his last LIVE - the word “likely” threw me - I suppose I could blame it on too much wine - apologies Sid.

Great and fun review as always, Sid. I do love those pictures. It's so nice to see you and your smile. There's been a nice mellowness to you this time around--it's been a pleasure to see and feel. Get home safely tomorrow. XO

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 10

Great to put a face to all your reviews I've read, well a face without a phone in the middle of it that is. Safe travels tomorrow and thanks again for another awesome review. If your've indeed closed out your live review career you did it with a bang!! 😁

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

The thing that I don't really understand is--they have "sofa loungers" there. When sitting on one, there are 3 choices: 1) take your shoes off and have your feet touching the cushion, 2) keep your shoes ON and have shoes touching it, or 3) sit with your legs astride it, with feet on the floor. So what is the acceptable choice? The first two seem a bit icky to me, the third uncomfortable...as long as they provide chaise lounge couches, it's bound to be ripe for photos and mild disgust no matter which you choose!

Barefooting is totally out of the question. If I sat on one I'd be wearing socks that I didn't walk around in but barefoot and shoes...nope!  Not likely I will be using these lounges now that this is turning me off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

Also I think I see y'all are docked where the Mardi Gras usually sits at Port Canaveral today as opposed to the terminal y'all left from last week. Doesn't appear to be overcrowded in port today so I wonder why that happened. 

They have to fix one of the anchors or anchor chains and couldn’t do this from the usual dock

• Like 10

I woke up around 4:30, and never could really get back to sleep. I laid there until 6:30, and then just got up to make a run at this final chapter. I popped into the studio lounge to get a coffee, thinking it would be quicker than the line at Starbucks, but the machine was disassembled. Angry, I ran down the stairs towards Starbucks, where fortunately there was no line at all... I'm back here doing my final preparations now, but I don't plan on getting off the ship for another hour and a half or two... JinxyB is going to pop by here in a minute before she heads out for early debarkation...

• Like 25